BFP at 11dpo--what we did differently & my symptoms

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

BFP at 11dpo--what we did differently & my symptoms

Postby rockymtntapper » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi everyone! So I got my bfp at 11dpo (I still can't believe it!!) and I am now 15dpo, 4 weeks pregnant. I just wanted to share with you my symptoms and story in case it is helpful for anyone out there.

We had been ttc for 6 cycles. I have had some health problems such as hypothyroidism, celiac disease, digestive problems, and a MTHFR genetic mutation (along with some other genetic mutations that were affecting my health). I really focused on my health this year and worked on these issues, which I think is what helped us to conceive.

The main thing we did differently this time was just not worry so much. I wasn't having much EWCM at all (in fact, I only had one day of it my entire cycle), so I was pretty sure that it wasn't going to work this time. That actually made me much more relaxed and less stressed! The other thing we did was we used Conceive Plus and we actually conceived the very first time we used it (sounds dumb, I know, but it's true). Also, in past cycles when we bd'ed I always thought I'd have a much better chance if he was on top, I had a pillow under my hips, etc. but this time we just had fun! We didn't worry about all that stuff and I'm glad we didn't.

As far as symptoms go, I didn't have very many at all compared to past cycles when I thought I had all these pregnancy symptoms and I wasn't actually pregnant! I started feeling much more tired around 9 and 10 dpo. I also didn't have any brown spotting, which I normally have before AF. Usually I'm very dry and then have brown spotting and AF shows up, but this time I still had some CM and wetness, which was a sign for me.

I got a very very faint bfp at 11dpo and I've taken a test every day since then to see if it got darker. I was sort of afraid I was just imagining that second line. But it was very dark today, yay!

I'm 15dpo now and my main symptoms are gas, very bloated (I look like I swallowed a balloon!), and some mild cramping and weird twinges in my lower abdomen. I'm also more tired than normal. Other than that, so far so good! Baby dust to you all! :)
I got my BFP on October 26, 2014!

rockymtntapper
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: BFP at 11dpo--what we did differently & my symptoms

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:02 am

So happy it happened for you! I told you I had a good feeling about this cycle for you ;)

:sticky: Happy and healthy 9 months hon! You deserve it!
Me (Lindsey) - 39
DH/love of my life - 45
DD Fiona Jayne - Dec 21, 2015 at 39+4 (BFP Apr 10, 2015 @10dpo) Our sweet solstice baby!
DS Ciaran Reeves - Feb 13, 2017 at 39+4 (BFP June 8, 2016 @13dpo) Best Valentine's gift ever!
"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

TTC baby #3!

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: BFP at 11dpo--what we did differently & my symptoms

Postby rockymtntapper » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:43 am

Thanks--you too!!
I got my BFP on October 26, 2014!

rockymtntapper
BabyDuster
BabyDuster