"Stop trying" worked for us!

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

"Stop trying" worked for us!

Postby danaburger » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:22 am

I am 34, DH is 45. This is TTC #1 for each of us. Was on BCP for 10 years...before that, my periods were always somewhat irregular - anywhere between 33-50+ days. I'd always wondered if that would be bad news for me later when I'd want to TTC. Went off BCP in April of last year but DH wasn't quite ready, so we used protection and then started trying in September. Just as suspected, my cycles went back to being irregular and I had to use OPK and BBT to get a grip on things, which took a couple cycles to figure out. And even then, I would get multiple OPK surges in a cycle...very frustrating.
Adding to the frustration, pretty much every pregnant or new mommy friend I have got pregnant on their first or second cycle (or accidentally!).
We tried for about 6-7 months...I know, not very long in the world of TTC, but still frustrating. We'd time our BDs with my BBT, probably doing more BD than necessary :) I took vitamins, supplements that are supposed to help with cycle regularity, laid on my back with my knees pulled up for 30 minutes after BD, etc etc.
I was obsessed with testing, pulling out ICs as early as 7 dpo and testing every day until AF. And for more than one cycle, I had evaps and false positives (never take blue dye tests!), getting my hopes up and then getting my period shortly after. Lots of tears, quite heartbreaking.
So we stopped trying for two cycles. No more TTC boards (no offense to TTC friends, whom were all supportive and sweet, but I needed to back away and get babies off the brain). We had sex just for the fun of it! Still took my BBT out of habit but didn't try to time BDs. The break was so good for us! It felt amazing not thinking about babies and I felt like my old self again.
This cycle was especially weird as I definitely have an ovulation thermal shift on my chart, but FF doesn't even know when I actually ovulated due to the temps being so close for about three straight days during O time. I still have no crosshairs! I think I may be 11-14 dpo today.
So two days ago, I'm feeling great, healthy, all morning long. Save for some aches in my thighs (so I'm thinking AF is on her way). I'm eating a burger around 3 pm, and chills come over me. I think "It's from sitting by the AC" so I went outside to eat and warm up. But the chills kept going on and all of a sudden, I felt sick to my stomach and had to throw my burger away because it became disgusting to me!
I had to get under the covers and stay there for the rest of the day. Had a slight fever (101) and sweated it out all evening. Slept like crap all night. The next morning, I was perfectly fine! It was the strangest thing. So just for fun, I took an IC as I still had some left, and lo and behold, a faint pink line, but clear enough to really see. However, I still thought, "I've gotten false + before" and threw it away. I also took a FR gold digital (another one you should never buy!) and it was negative.
This morning, I took another test. Another faint line, but darker than yesterday's. I'm thinking, this might be for real. Bought some Clear Blue digitals. Took another IC after having loads of coffee, water, juice, and still got the same faint line. Took the digital - BFP! For real! :)
I really think that taking a TTC break and not thinking about babies really helped us out. We are over the moon and now fxing for a sticky baby!
Me: 34
DH: 45
TTC #1 since September 2015
10 years on BCP, off since April 2015
My Ovulation Chart
danaburger
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: "Stop trying" worked for us!

Postby Danaa » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:21 pm

Congratulations!!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby danaburger » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:35 pm

Thank you Danaa, I hope you're doing well!
Me: 34
DH: 45
TTC #1 since September 2015
10 years on BCP, off since April 2015
My Ovulation Chart
danaburger
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby phxmoma » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:14 pm

danaburger wrote:I am 34, DH is 45. This is TTC #1 for each of us. Was on BCP for 10 years...before that, my periods were always somewhat irregular - anywhere between 33-50+ days. I'd always wondered if that would be bad news for me later when I'd want to TTC. Went off BCP in April of last year but DH wasn't quite ready, so we used protection and then started trying in September. Just as suspected, my cycles went back to being irregular and I had to use OPK and BBT to get a grip on things, which took a couple cycles to figure out. And even then, I would get multiple OPK surges in a cycle...very frustrating.
Adding to the frustration, pretty much every pregnant or new mommy friend I have got pregnant on their first or second cycle (or accidentally!).
We tried for about 6-7 months...I know, not very long in the world of TTC, but still frustrating. We'd time our BDs with my BBT, probably doing more BD than necessary :) I took vitamins, supplements that are supposed to help with cycle regularity, laid on my back with my knees pulled up for 30 minutes after BD, etc etc.
I was obsessed with testing, pulling out ICs as early as 7 dpo and testing every day until AF. And for more than one cycle, I had evaps and false positives (never take blue dye tests!), getting my hopes up and then getting my period shortly after. Lots of tears, quite heartbreaking.
So we stopped trying for two cycles. No more TTC boards (no offense to TTC friends, whom were all supportive and sweet, but I needed to back away and get babies off the brain). We had sex just for the fun of it! Still took my BBT out of habit but didn't try to time BDs. The break was so good for us! It felt amazing not thinking about babies and I felt like my old self again.
This cycle was especially weird as I definitely have an ovulation thermal shift on my chart, but FF doesn't even know when I actually ovulated due to the temps being so close for about three straight days during O time. I still have no crosshairs! I think I may be 11-14 dpo today.
So two days ago, I'm feeling great, healthy, all morning long. Save for some aches in my thighs (so I'm thinking AF is on her way). I'm eating a burger around 3 pm, and chills come over me. I think "It's from sitting by the AC" so I went outside to eat and warm up. But the chills kept going on and all of a sudden, I felt sick to my stomach and had to throw my burger away because it became disgusting to me!
I had to get under the covers and stay there for the rest of the day. Had a slight fever (101) and sweated it out all evening. Slept like crap all night. The next morning, I was perfectly fine! It was the strangest thing. So just for fun, I took an IC as I still had some left, and lo and behold, a faint pink line, but clear enough to really see. However, I still thought, "I've gotten false + before" and threw it away. I also took a FR gold digital (another one you should never buy!) and it was negative.
This morning, I took another test. Another faint line, but darker than yesterday's. I'm thinking, this might be for real. Bought some Clear Blue digitals. Took another IC after having loads of coffee, water, juice, and still got the same faint line. Took the digital - BFP! For real! :)
I really think that taking a TTC break and not thinking about babies really helped us out. We are over the moon and now fxing for a sticky baby!

Hi,
I new here but wanted to Congratulate you on your BFP!!! I have been reading/researching a lot of different TTC sites. A little bit about us- we have been TTC for 6+ years, I have 3 from a previous relationship and DH has 1 from previously. We married in 2006 and did not try, but not prevent at that time. We have POCS, DOR, and as of late MFI. After Three REs, finally found out I also had some uterine polyps, had them removed in April. RE says no evidence of PCOS. I Have been on metformin for sometime, My RE added Coq10, Baby Aspririn, DHEA, prenatal. We did our first IUI late May, currently in 2ww. Beta scheduled for tomorrow. This is all so overwhelming. I hope it is our turn, more so for my DH because he wants a baby really bad.
phxmoma

Postby starzz121 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:37 am

Congratulations! I know what you mean about taking a break I took April and May off it was SOOO nice I think its something im going to keep up with couple months on couple months off just to keep my sanity.

so glad it worked for you and hears to a happy healthy 9 months xx
starzz121
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Return to TTC Success Stories