BFP @ 16dpo after 2 years (short cycles)

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

BFP @ 16dpo after 2 years (short cycles)

Postby Asta1010 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:35 am

We had been trying on and off over the last 2 years (sometimes charting, sometimes just not preventing). My cycles had always been on the short side but had gone down to 21 days for the past 6 months or so. I did some research into how to naturally lengthen cycles and started taking a large daily dose of vitamin B and vitamin C while getting DH to take FertilAid for Men and Countboost. First cycle on those and I fell pregnant!

When my period was due, I had two days of light spotting and figured it was just my period starting slowly. Then I got really awful vertigo symptoms (epic dizziness and nausea). I've had vertigo before so I didn't think much about what might have caused it. It also distracted me from realising that my period still hadn't properly started. I had two nights in a row of mild cramping and a complete inability to sleep.

A few days later, on 16dpo, I was sitting in a meeting at work feeling super dizzy and it dawned on me that I should take a test. I took one as soon as I got home and bam! Two lines showed up, thick and pink, immediately. When I think of all those tests I've taken during the past 2 years, all that squinting I did... There was no squinting required for this test!

This is my first BFP ever and I'm currently 8 weeks. Praying for a healthy baby. Good luck to everyone TTC!!
Asta1010

Re: BFP @ 16dpo after 2 years (short cycles)

Postby dbliz » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:48 am

Congrats!! Hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months!! I'm glad I saw your post. Gives me hope. My cycles have always been short 23-25 with random 21 days. Did you do anything different this month besides vitamins? When you say high dose, how much did you take? We have been trying for 2 years as well, including clomid and 2 IUIs. I am currently on a clomid 100mg cycle but couldn't do IUI do to timing of ovulation over the weekend.
TTC #1 Together (DH has a son 13 yo)
Me: 34
DH: 39
TTC since July 2014
Short cycles 24-26 days
July 2015 DH SA 85.5 Mil, 52% Motility, 9% Morph
August 2015 Me HSG- tubes clear, first CD 3 baseline blood work and ultra sound - all normal, possible elevated FSH 10.3
August cycle no ovulation detected
09/15-07/15 - 7 rounds of clomid 50mg - 100mg timed BD and 2 IUI attempts
Taking a break
09/16 - Gonal f + IUI in progress....
http://FertilityFriend.com/home/5e13c0/
dbliz
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC Success Stories