From sex drive to insomnia- my early clues

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

From sex drive to insomnia- my early clues

Postby HyacinthandBiscuits » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:06 am

Hi there! I'm so excited to share my BFP story and hope it will help some of you in your tww.
I'm 33 yrs old and I got my first ever bfp last week at 13 dpo on just our second cycle of ttc. (This month my SO took a daily men's multivitamin, the only thing different than the first time we tried.)
It hasn't really sunk in yet particularly for my SO as he was willing to ttc thinking it would take a bit longer I think!
For the last few years my once very regular 28 day cycle has been anywhere between 25-33 days.
This month we BD on CD 13, 15 and 17.
I think I O'd on CD 15 based on cycle averages, so my dpo are estimated.

Only real obvious symptom was sore breasts. Normally they get sore anywhere from a week up to a few days before AF but this started earlier and was far more painful. (And for me a lot of bb pain is pretty normal until AF but this was definitely even more so)
Nothing more for the first week, until I had a very vivid dream around 9 dpo.
Also by 9 dpo I realized that my sex drive was elevated to a noticeable degree. This normally happens around O then goes away but this month it stayed that way.
10 dpo tiredness began, as did a feeling of muscle fatigue.
Legs muscles felt sore in particular.
11-13 dpo still tired in the afternoons but insomnia in wee hours each night. Three days of sleep interruption made me start to suspect.
12 dpo AF like cramping, figured I was out.
13 dpo, wanted to go for a drink so I tested. Instant bfp with fmu, instant bfp again with evening diluted urine.

All of my symptoms were mild enough to allow me to think they were pms or in my head until 14 dpo when obvious nausea kicked in. Glad I knew why! I did notice that my usual PMS acne did not show, but I had no change in CM or sense of smell or anything.

I hope this helps some of you during your tww! Baby dust!
HyacinthandBiscuits

Return to TTC Success Stories