diagnosed with PCOS

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

diagnosed with PCOS

Postby dianavice » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Hey everyone! I have a couple of questions. I have been diagnosed with PCOS. Earlier I was not ovulating . For about three months I am ovulating even with PCOS. Luckily my hormone levels are within the average range. Can my ovulation tests be accurate? One more thing does the follicle stimulating hormone disappear immediately after ovulation? Or does it slowly reduce over a week or so? I tested believing that I’ve ovulated a couple of days ago. The line was slightly lighter than the control line. Could this mean that I did ovulate or that I have yet to?Please tell me those who have experienced this. I cannot get a satisfactory answer from the doctors also. So I thought of asking those who have faced such situation. TIA
dianavice

Re: diagnosed with PCOS

Postby Danaa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:21 pm

If your hormones levels are in the normal range the opks should be accurate.
A positive opk is when the test line is as dark or darker than the control line,whta you describe doesn’t sound as a positive opk.If you ovulated or not...I have no idea.
Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maria_75 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:27 am

Hi there how are you? Don't worry about these things. You need to just visit your doctor. I don't have enough knowledge about this. You should visit your doctor as soon as possible. It will be best for you. I wish you a very good luck.
maria_75

Postby annataylor1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:40 am

Hey Diana. How are you doing now? Well, things do not seem to be in your favour. I think if you are not getting a satisfactory answer from your doctor then you may change your doctor. PCOS is a very difficult disease to get rid of. But my dear stay hopeful and stay positive. Things will be in your favour soon. Best of luck till then.
annataylor1
Friend

Postby pitjulie19 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:22 pm

Hey! Hope so you are doing good. I just read your post. I think if hormones are working in average range then FSH would be in a right way. I think it usually occurs. But, if you are not feeling do well then you should consult with another doctor. He would guide you better. Just be positive and everytg\hing will be fine.
pitjulie19

Postby BeccaChloe » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:35 am

Well, what you have mentioned doesn't seem like you have ovulated. However, LH surge is important to keep track of to know your high time of ovulation. OPK's does test your LH surge. The positive result indicates the presence of LH surge. And as the ovulation begins it decreases. It is important to know your cycle as LH surge begins before your ovulation and ovulation occurs 14 days before period. It is good to tests on day 13 of the cycle, in case you have a shorter cycle month and you need a positive result. Oh, and test every other day.
BeccaChloe

Postby Happy4k » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:38 am

Hi Diana,Have you tried Natural therapy ? Had PCOS,Ovarian Cyst too with no success with Medicals ,TTC for 13 years ,Natural therapy solved mine .I am pregnant and expecting my baby ...
Happy4k
Friend

Return to TTC Success Stories