IUI with low motility

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

IUI with low motility

Postby Awirth22 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:01 am

Hi everyone! I am new to the group. Not new to TTC, my DH and I have been trying for 26 months right now. We are both 25 and I tested great with EVERYTHING. After 3 doctors we were told last week that my DH’s low motility is the cause of our inability to conceive. They said IVF was most likely our only option. I was wondering if anyone has had any success with low motility and IUI?
Awirth22

Re: IUI with low motility

Postby Alana90 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:02 am

Hey!
How are you doing?
Welcome to the forum!
Just wanted to ask if you had been to the urologist?
One of my friends had low motility and he went to the urologist.
He found it was because of varicocele. His urologist fixed it and he is doing fine now.
I would suggest you visit your urologist ones. He might give you a way out of it.
As far as I know, it is necessary for successful IUI that if the motile count is less than five million than the chances of pregnancy is lower.
But I would suggest you go the urologist suggestion first. There might not be any need left for other procedures.
Good luck.
Prayers for you.
Alana90

Postby madmarmar » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:23 pm

Awirth22 wrote:Hi everyone! I am new to the group. Not new to TTC, my DH and I have been trying for 26 months right now. We are both 25 and I tested great with EVERYTHING. After 3 doctors we were told last week that my DH’s low motility is the cause of our inability to conceive. They said IVF was most likely our only option. I was wondering if anyone has had any success with low motility and IUI?

Hello! I had my first iui yesterday. The Doc said my husband’s motility was really bad, our post wash count was 10 million but she said the motility was so bad that she thought ivf would be the only option for us. We are going to get another semen analysis done if this iui cycle results in a BFN. Now i’m On the two week wait. I hope i get good news, & i hope you do too!
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Pickles222 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:36 am

On our first IUI a few years ago, which was successful, our after wash count was only one million. My husband has low count and low motility but it worked for us.

Just had an IUI today to try for #2.
Pickles222
Friend

Postby madmarmar » Wed May 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Pickles222 wrote:On our first IUI a few years ago, which was successful, our after wash count was only one million. My husband has low count and low motility but it worked for us.

Just had an IUI today to try for #2.

good luck Pickles222 with your IUI! I hope you have a speedy/stressfree/successful TWW!
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Pickles222 » Wed May 02, 2018 3:50 pm

madmarmar wrote:
good luck Pickles222 with your IUI! I hope you have a speedy/stressfree/successful TWW!

Thank you, fingers crossed!!
Pickles222
Friend

Postby Ss.momtobe » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:33 pm

I had my IUI with only 2 million but these is first time for me where is got 4 Mature Follicles so staying positive. but now I am on 13dpIUI and still not getting any symptoms.

waiting for weekend to test.

Pickles222, How many mature egg you had at the time of your successful IUI?
Ss.momtobe
Friend

Return to IUI