3.5 years infertility-finally BFP w/ low sperm count and IUI

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

3.5 years infertility-finally BFP w/ low sperm count and IUI

Postby Tommie » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:25 pm

Well we did it! We finally did it! DH and I started TTC right after our wedding in June 2013. After a year of no luck, my husband had his sperm count checked. It was only 5 million. We were devastated. Fast forward another year of him taking arimidex and clomid with hardly any results. Still nothing.

Year 3 I had my first irregular cycle. My dr diagnosed me with PCOS and put me on clomid with no ultrasounds. After 3 rounds of super long cycles and feeling pretty let down by this dr, I switched drs to a place that did iuis but wasn't technically a fertility center. Loved them immediately! Round 3 of iui was what did it!! Miraculously my husbands count jumped to 38 million!

Two weeks later I was denying myself testing. Dr said not to test until cd 35. It was cd 28 but I was already 2 days late. So on a whim with no hold, mid day I tested. Positive. I showed my husband but we were cautious because I had taken the trigger shot. Fast forward 48 hours. Tested again. I almost matched the control line!! I called the dr and immediately went in for bloodwork. My beta came back at 215. This was the Friday before New Years and they were closed Monday so I was to come in Tuesday for my second round. Tuesday morning I tested and best the control line! Whoohoo! My beta came back at 2,100!! We finally did it! It's really happening!

I am 5 weeks on the dot today and have my first ultrasound scheduled for Jan 18th. Girls, regardless of your circumstances, it CAN happen for you! Of course I can't stand the long wait for my appointment. They're getting me in just before 7 weeks. So until then I continue to pee on sticks.:) this one was mid day, no hold and after about 4 32oz tumblers full of water. My symptoms so far include sore breasts. Holy boobs batman is right! They are nothing like I've ever felt! I'm peeing like every 20 minutes, literally. I have a dying thirst I can't quench and I'm tired ALL the time. This morning I got my first queezies so I assume the toilet will become my friend fairly soon.
Attachments
IMG_0790.JPG
(222.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Married June 15, 2013,been TTC ever since. Recently began seeking fertility treatments. DH diagnosed with low sperm count.
ME: 24
DH: 31
Tommie
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: 3.5 years infertility-finally BFP w/ low sperm count and

Postby NSP214 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:16 pm

Tommie wrote:Well we did it! We finally did it! DH and I started TTC right after our wedding in June 2013. After a year of no luck, my husband had his sperm count checked. It was only 5 million. We were devastated. Fast forward another year of him taking arimidex and clomid with hardly any results. Still nothing.

Year 3 I had my first irregular cycle. My dr diagnosed me with PCOS and put me on clomid with no ultrasounds. After 3 rounds of super long cycles and feeling pretty let down by this dr, I switched drs to a place that did iuis but wasn't technically a fertility center. Loved them immediately! Round 3 of iui was what did it!! Miraculously my husbands count jumped to 38 million!

Two weeks later I was denying myself testing. Dr said not to test until cd 35. It was cd 28 but I was already 2 days late. So on a whim with no hold, mid day I tested. Positive. I showed my husband but we were cautious because I had taken the trigger shot. Fast forward 48 hours. Tested again. I almost matched the control line!! I called the dr and immediately went in for bloodwork. My beta came back at 215. This was the Friday before New Years and they were closed Monday so I was to come in Tuesday for my second round. Tuesday morning I tested and best the control line! Whoohoo! My beta came back at 2,100!! We finally did it! It's really happening!

I am 5 weeks on the dot today and have my first ultrasound scheduled for Jan 18th. Girls, regardless of your circumstances, it CAN happen for you! Of course I can't stand the long wait for my appointment. They're getting me in just before 7 weeks. So until then I continue to pee on sticks.:) this one was mid day, no hold and after about 4 32oz tumblers full of water. My symptoms so far include sore breasts. Holy boobs batman is right! They are nothing like I've ever felt! I'm peeing like every 20 minutes, literally. I have a dying thirst I can't quench and I'm tired ALL the time. This morning I got my first queezies so I assume the toilet will become my friend fairly soon.

Absolutely beautiful lines!!! Thanks for giving me hope after ttc for 4+ years!!
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: 3.5 years infertility-finally BFP w/ low sperm count and

Postby Kc345 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:09 am

Congratulations!!
Kc345

Return to TTC Success Stories