BFP after ttc#1 for 1 month! How I did it!

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

BFP after ttc#1 for 1 month! How I did it!

Postby Kc345 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:03 am

Hello,

First I want to say how much I admire women who are ttc for months or even years. I lost my sanity after this one month! You are truly amazing women!

I think my story could actually help some people. It may not be a long story but its full of possibly good info!

Im 24, been married for 5 years. Birth control (prevented periods) for 6 years straight. Yes ladies, no periods for YEARS and it was glorious!

Family circumstances led us to adopt a 4 year old we had never met before. It turns out, he is freaking amazing! We decided we wanted to build a bigger family so I got off birth control Nov 29 2016.

First period: Dec 3rd. 32 day cycle. We didnt try, and I started a prenatal vitamin on Dec 1.

I was very observant of my body's cycle before birth control. I knew my normal cycles were 32-35 days. So having a normal length cycle right off the bat was a great sign!

My BFP cycle: started Jan 4th.
I used soy isoflavones on cycle days 4,5,and 6. I used 80mg of soy (Equivalent of 40mg of clomid).Many people say not to use it if everything is going good. And I partly agree! It caused light spotting on cycle day 9. I NEVER spot during my cycle. I googled causes and ot said I most likely had too high estrogen in my body. Which was caused by the soy. Spotting lasted for 1 hr.

I charted on my own and didnt use any apps. I predicted I would ovulate on cycle day 18 (jan 21). I checked and was off work that weekend. Me and the husband arranged for family members to look after our son that weekend.

I started using OPK early which was nerve racking. Kept have dead blank opks. Then, on cd16 I got a faint line. Cd17 was another faint line. Then bam, cd 18 was a bold dark positive! We BD'ed on cd 15, 18, and 19. So the day of the positive opk and the day after.

I also read that high estrogen levels cause painful ovulation. And it sucked. It was my own fault though!! I have intense lower right ovary pain around 11pm cd 18.

I assumed cd 18 was my ovulation and counted from there. I ate 1/8 pineapple and its core on 1-5dpo.

I bought 2 first response tests that dectect 8mui. I also bought a bulk pack of test strips that detect 25mui.

Like everyone, I started testing too early and used the bulk ones. All BFN which I expected.

On 10DPO I used a first response and got a very faint pink line within 30 seconds!! I was so excited! It got a touch darker after it dried. In my opinion there was no chance for an evap. (Had to look up what that even meant) But I will admit you had to squint!

Then on 11dpo, exactly 24hrs later, I used my second first response and got a much darker BFP within 30 sec. Absolutly zero chance of an evap line. It was so clear and pink! It also dried darker within 10 minutes.

Thats my story! Obviously Im not in the clear. I understand chemical pregnancies could happen and lead to a late period. I also understand the risk is there until 8weeks and you hear a heartbeat.

Just wanted to share my experience with soy and pineapple. Good luck to everyone!
Kc345

Re: BFP after ttc#1 for 1 month! How I did it!

Postby My1Comp » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:04 am

Wow! Awesome story! I can only pray that I am that lucky. I am in my third cycle of ntnp but for this cycle specifically I AM trying! I have started temping which I know can take a while to be useful. I have also started using the CB digital advanced OPK. I have to be careful what I take in terms of hormones and herbs because I currently nurse my 4 month old. But I don't think soy will hurt and I know the pineapple will be a treat lol. So congrats hope your LO is well! Please blow some of that baby dust my way!!!
My1Comp
Friend

Return to TTC Success Stories