BFP with PCOS and Endo

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

BFP with PCOS and Endo

Postby Grapes » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:13 pm

I have been following forums here for over 2 years. J am a classic case of pcos since I was 13. Period cycles ranged from 25-45. At 31, after 5 yrs of marriage my husband and I wished for a baby. Knowing my situation We had already ran tests and consulted doctors after marriage to know if there was something to worry about. All tests for me and him came out great. Except that it was hard to track when I ovulated everything seemed great. Our doc had said try for 6 months and if something doesn't work out, come to me. We tried religiously, but no luck. But we also knew 6 months was short and we needed to be patient. We went to him and he reassured us saying we could get pregnant naturally and so he doesn't want us to go through any treatments. He helped us by simply doing a follicular study and letting us know when to do the deed. 2 more cycles and nothing..I have also always had cysts and doc said it was harmless. But in my 3rd cycle with follicular study I kept complaining of pain every time we had sex. So the doc investigated more. I had a corpus Ltm cyst which was very large by then. So he performed a laparoscopy on me. The surgery and recovery wasted 2 cycles for me. At this point doc suggested I start Iui. We did 3 cycles with no luck, then he suggested ivf. At this point we were shattered. Esp me, I just couldn't understand when everything was ok y I couldn't get pregnant. A friend suggested to take a second opinion. We went to one of the top docs in the city. When she met us she said we have no issues and the cases coming to her are absolutely extreme. She told me I shud do 3 more iuis. When I said I was worried now since my amh was dropping, so wanted to go for ivf straight. She somehow convinced me for 1 iui. Only condition Shen put is I had to follow strict instructions from her on my diet. She made me stop all processed foods, have only organic stuff, only virgin olive oil for any cooking and one Avacado a day. I was also borderline thyroid patient. Had mildly high progesterone. So I started pills for both. We went for it and did one iui- no luck. After this she too decided on ivf. I was so tired with 18 months of constant medications and injections that I just snapped and refused to do anything. My body had changed, my skin was worsening and hair was dry like grass. I told my husband I am not willing to do anything. Doc gave me a diet routine, exercise routine and asked me To think about it. My husband took a few days and talked to me to convince me not to waste more time since my amh was low. I had no choice and said yes. We went back to the doc in 5 days and she started me on her injections meds etc. On CD19 she checked and found nothing to worry so put me on a pill that doesn't get period (not advised if you concieve) . This pill is supposed to give a good lining for next period which in effect gives good eggs . 5 days later I had to stop the pill and CD 28 my period shud have come. It did not. Since I was always a case of weird timeline I waited. Cd33 and still nothing. I was not willing to take an HPt as the disappointment was something I wasn't ready to face. And besides it was very normal for me to get period after 40 days. At cd37 I caved in to my husbands pressure and took an HPT. And it was a BFP!! Next day we did blood work and it came back positive. But my hcg was low and I was on those pills for 5 days which the doc worried could interfere. So we did not celebrate until after 6 weeks.

I have been petrified ever since. I am 12 weeks now, baby is growing fine and we also have a heart beat!!

I just want to tell you ladies that keep the faith! Miracles do happen but most importantly positivity helps. My husband is a big fan of the book secret and he swears to me that he had always told himself we would get pregnant naturally. And it happened in spite of us being in middle of a treatment. He had apparently put it on his calendar and believe it or not we got the news in the same month.

Ladies pcos is difficult, but does not mean we can't get pregnant. Working on my diet, exercise and having little support of medicines for good quality eggs has helped me. So keep the faith and be strong!

I just hope my story gives some encouragement to pcos out there.
Grapes
Friend

Re: BFP with PCOS and Endo

Postby happyheart » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Congratulations! So happy for you!
Wonderful to hear that you got pregnant naturally, and yes it gives me some hope yet!
Take care of yourself, put your feet up and relax! xx
Me 40, history of endometriosis on bladder
Laparoscopy to remove endo March 2015-successful!
Low AMH level low ovarian reserve
DH 45 LSP/ low motility
2/14 Failed ICSI
5/14 failed ICSI
next ICSI - hopefully June 2015

taking Dhea, co Q 10, acupuncture
alcohol free, caffeine free, soya free , meat free diet
happyheart

Return to TTC Success Stories