Pregnant with twins!!

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Pregnant with twins!!

Postby Margaret David » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:50 pm

Hi, I am pregnant 3-months with my two babies. I didn’t know that I was pregnant until the test result came positive. I misunderstood pregnancy symptoms with PMS. It is almost same, right? I only thought of doing the test when I started to have intense symptoms like sore breasts, mood swings, extreme tiredness, and nausea.
I had scheduled for endodontic services in Ottawa for root canal treatment earlier before I knew that I was pregnant. Should I do it now? Will it affect my baby? Yesterday while I was going through blogs related to pregnancy, I read a case where it is written about ‘mother’s gum disease related to infant’s death’. I was shocked to read that. But I have also read that it is good to avoid dental procedures during pregnancy period. Which one should I believe? I can't take even the slightest risk in the matter of my babies. Can anyone give me insight about this?
Margaret David

Re: Pregnant with twins!!

Postby EarthStar » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:46 am

Congratulations! How exciting!! I understand your dilemma better than many as I am ttc and a dental hygienist. I wouldn't want to risk anything harming the babes either. So, to address your question about gum disease: during pregnancy it is better to have gum disease treated than not treated because it does pose serious risks for low birth weight babies and other health complications. The procedure for treatment is cleaning all of the infected teeth. It doesn't require prescription medication. It is usually performed with local anesthesia for comfort, which is considered safe during pregnancy. The most cautious approach to any dental procedure is to have it performed after the first trimester. The second trimester being ideal for comfort of mom during treatment. I have treated many pregnant and non pregnant patients for gum disease with great results. I have never known of a case that was harmed by treatment.
Root canal therapy is a different procedure, but it is to arrest infection of a tooth that will otherwise never go away/heal. That infection, like any, can cause damage to your health and put your babies at risk. It is best to talk to your endodontist about their policy on treating pregnant women. As far as I know, it's not contraindicated. All pressing dental concerns are usually treated during pregnancy because the risk of infection outweighs the risk of any potential negative effect of treatment. All non-essential treatment (like cosmetic treatment or very tiny cavities) is post-poned until after pregnancy.
Another consideration is that having an infected tooth is very unpredictable. It could flare up at any time and create a lot of pain and stress (and all of the bodies natural chemicals that are produced during that event, like cortisol). Is that case, you would definitely need treatment. Personally, I'd rather have the treatment done during the second trimester than gamble that it won't become an emergency in the third.
Do talk to your dentist/endodontist about this. Best wishes!!!!
EarthStar

Postby stacy1246 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:54 am

Hi welcome sister. First of all, I want to express congratulation for your natural conceiving. You should celebrate this unforgettable moment in your life. It is dream of every woman to conceive and enjoy healthy baby gift in their life to become complete mother to get perfection. You are one of the lucky women. I can understand your problem in easy and effective way because I also face same problem of twin baby like you in my life just 2 year ago. I am here for you to provide valuable information to solve your problem in professional way to provide maximum benefit in short time period.
I want to suggest you some easy and effective tips and tricks to solve all type of problem. This twin baby pregnancy is win-win situation for you and your baby. you should not miss this golden opportunity in your life to take real time experience from my personal life. I want to appreciate about your health full awareness. It is the best time to have to prepare well in advance to handle this twin baby problem in professional way. The first and foremost thing I want to say you to handle this horrible situation with yoga and meditation that is the best effective way to reduce stress and depression from your mind stress and depression that are responsible for miscarriage problem. You can easily avoid miscarriage problem with yoga and meditation. It is very important to provide proper nutrition to twin baby mother to get proper working of reproduction system. You should live healthy lifestyle to provide proper blood supply to all body to create beneficial situation for you. I hope you enjoy baby gift like me that fulfill my all life with brightness.
stacy1246

Postby BettyJames » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:57 am

Hi there. I hope you are doing great. It's really great to hear about your pregnancy. I wish you good luck. I believe you should consider your doctor about the issue. The doctor will be able to guide you much better. Better than taking any risks. I hope it helps.
BettyJames

Postby BellaJones » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:00 am

Hey there. How are you doing? I hope you are doing great. I am really glad to hear about your pregnancy. Becoming a mother of two must be really tempting. I am no expert. However, you should consult your doctor about it. They'll help you better. Good luck. take care.
BellaJones

Postby Rybee » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:48 am

Oh, hi there! It was a little bit long ago. I hope you are a mother of beautiful twins now. Ant all the problems are left in that August. Twins! How lovely it is! I’m excited totally. I know that teeth are such like an indicator of our general health. Even in ancient times the conquerors were choosing their wives looking at their teeth condition. It told a lot about the health of their future wives. It’s a bit rough and primitive way of selection but guaranteed them long life.
As we can see from the date, you must have already given birth to your babies. However, in my opinion I’d avoid stress and pain during dental treatment if I was pregnant. I hope you visited your doctor. It was the best way to follow. Wish you good luck. And sound health to your twins!
Rybee
Friend

Postby Rybee » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:57 am

You said you had sore breasts, mood swings, extreme tiredness, and nausea. It could happen due to your pregnancy. Morning sickness is alright, I think, I can be accompanied be additional symptoms. I vote for avoiding dental treatment and I’d not do it until I stop breast feeding. However, Internet tells it’s absolutely safe today to treat teeth even if you are pregnant. They now have new special medicines for this case. Wish you all the best one more time.
Rybee
Friend

Postby beckybenson » Sun May 13, 2018 6:05 am

Hi. How are you doing? Congratulations on being pregnant with twins. You are not just blessed once but twice. You are so lucky. I really it happens to my friend too. She has been trying for a while. She just adores twins. She will be applying for IVF soon.
beckybenson
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Emma666 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:17 pm

Hello Margaret! Congratulation to you. It is nice to me hear about your pregnancy. Children are a blessing. Well, I suggest you that you should not go for your root canal during pregnancy. One more thing you should not take the stress. Stay calm and positive. Best wishes.
Emma666
Friend

Postby miranda1909 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:00 pm

hello there. I hope you are doing great. I am so happy for you. that must be so exciting. what I heard is that you should dental procedures during pregnancy, I don't know about the details. I'm not a doctor lol. but I think you should see a good doctor. and consult him on every step, you can not take risks with your baby. it can get really complicated. I went for surrogacy as I miscarried when I was 32. it was really painful for me but I coped up. now I have a baby and I am really happy with it. my point is that you should not lose hope and always stay strong. I hope your babies are healthy and everything goes fine, stay blessed.
miranda1909
Friend

Postby miranda1909 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:00 am

hey there sweetie! I hope you are doing great. i think you should consult your doctor about this. sometimes a little thing can make a huge problem. so you should be consulting your doctor regularly. because only he knows your condition. also stay positive about things. do not over think about this. your overall health matters a lot. so you should be taking care of your health. do yoga. and make a diet plan for yourself. it affects your hormones and its control. stay strong.
miranda1909
Friend

Postby anabellee » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:16 pm

It's nice to hear about your twins. I am glad to hear about your pregnancy. you are one of the lucky ladies. you need to take care of your children and your self. do care about diet and cleanliness. you must take your medicines on a time to avoid more issues. to holding twins is a very difficult task. It is very good to hear about your complete family. your home will be filled up with joys now. soon you will see them walking. babies are a very great gift for us. hope you see your children in them and enjoy a lot. you are very lucky to have twins. many people suffer from a lack of this blessing. best wishes to you.
anabellee
Friend

Return to TTC Success Stories