Pregnant with twins!!

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Pregnant with twins!!

Postby Margaret David » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:50 pm

Hi, I am pregnant 3-months with my two babies. I didn’t know that I was pregnant until the test result came positive. I misunderstood pregnancy symptoms with PMS. It is almost same, right? I only thought of doing the test when I started to have intense symptoms like sore breasts, mood swings, extreme tiredness, and nausea.
I had scheduled for endodontic services in Ottawa for root canal treatment earlier before I knew that I was pregnant. Should I do it now? Will it affect my baby? Yesterday while I was going through blogs related to pregnancy, I read a case where it is written about ‘mother’s gum disease related to infant’s death’. I was shocked to read that. But I have also read that it is good to avoid dental procedures during pregnancy period. Which one should I believe? I can't take even the slightest risk in the matter of my babies. Can anyone give me insight about this?
Margaret David

Re: Pregnant with twins!!

Postby EarthStar » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:46 am

Congratulations! How exciting!! I understand your dilemma better than many as I am ttc and a dental hygienist. I wouldn't want to risk anything harming the babes either. So, to address your question about gum disease: during pregnancy it is better to have gum disease treated than not treated because it does pose serious risks for low birth weight babies and other health complications. The procedure for treatment is cleaning all of the infected teeth. It doesn't require prescription medication. It is usually performed with local anesthesia for comfort, which is considered safe during pregnancy. The most cautious approach to any dental procedure is to have it performed after the first trimester. The second trimester being ideal for comfort of mom during treatment. I have treated many pregnant and non pregnant patients for gum disease with great results. I have never known of a case that was harmed by treatment.
Root canal therapy is a different procedure, but it is to arrest infection of a tooth that will otherwise never go away/heal. That infection, like any, can cause damage to your health and put your babies at risk. It is best to talk to your endodontist about their policy on treating pregnant women. As far as I know, it's not contraindicated. All pressing dental concerns are usually treated during pregnancy because the risk of infection outweighs the risk of any potential negative effect of treatment. All non-essential treatment (like cosmetic treatment or very tiny cavities) is post-poned until after pregnancy.
Another consideration is that having an infected tooth is very unpredictable. It could flare up at any time and create a lot of pain and stress (and all of the bodies natural chemicals that are produced during that event, like cortisol). Is that case, you would definitely need treatment. Personally, I'd rather have the treatment done during the second trimester than gamble that it won't become an emergency in the third.
Do talk to your dentist/endodontist about this. Best wishes!!!!
EarthStar

Postby stacy1246 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:54 am

Hi welcome sister. First of all, I want to express congratulation for your natural conceiving. You should celebrate this unforgettable moment in your life. It is dream of every woman to conceive and enjoy healthy baby gift in their life to become complete mother to get perfection. You are one of the lucky women. I can understand your problem in easy and effective way because I also face same problem of twin baby like you in my life just 2 year ago. I am here for you to provide valuable information to solve your problem in professional way to provide maximum benefit in short time period.
I want to suggest you some easy and effective tips and tricks to solve all type of problem. This twin baby pregnancy is win-win situation for you and your baby. you should not miss this golden opportunity in your life to take real time experience from my personal life. I want to appreciate about your health full awareness. It is the best time to have to prepare well in advance to handle this twin baby problem in professional way. The first and foremost thing I want to say you to handle this horrible situation with yoga and meditation that is the best effective way to reduce stress and depression from your mind stress and depression that are responsible for miscarriage problem. You can easily avoid miscarriage problem with yoga and meditation. It is very important to provide proper nutrition to twin baby mother to get proper working of reproduction system. You should live healthy lifestyle to provide proper blood supply to all body to create beneficial situation for you. I hope you enjoy baby gift like me that fulfill my all life with brightness.
stacy1246

Postby dazzyshahu » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:35 pm

Hello and welcome friend at this open online platform. I want to congratulation for this unforgettable moment in your life that is dream of every woman to become complete mother in life with healthy baby gift. I am here for you to provide sufficient information that help to boost your confidence and easily face this horrible problem in your life. You need not panic about this difficult situation in your life. It is time to make appropriate planning to overcome this difficult situation with effective method. I can understand your physical and mental stage at this time. It is clear that it require double responsibility with appropriate balanced diet and healthy lifestyle to get maximum benefit in natural way. We consult with popular gynecologist to get valuable suggestion to handle difficult situation in my life just 2 year ago.
You should not miss this golden opportunity in life to full with happiness like me. You should understand the importance of proper balance like to have real bonding with your partner to make to perform safe and secure sex for avoiding miscarriage possibility in easy way. It is very important to provide sufficient nutrition to your body for your baby growth. You should live healthy lifestyle in this busy schedule life to provide proper blood supply to all reproduction system to create win-win situation for you to overcome this horrible problem in easy way. You should follow safe and effective sleeping and seating method to avoid all type of pregnancy related issue at early stage. You should not compromise with your health. You have to pay more in future with less care about your health. I hope my valuable suggestion guide you right path to achieve your target in short time period.
dazzyshahu

Return to TTC Success Stories