diagnosed with PCOS

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

diagnosed with PCOS

Postby dianavice » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Hey everyone! I have a couple of questions. I have been diagnosed with PCOS. Earlier I was not ovulating . For about three months I am ovulating even with PCOS. Luckily my hormone levels are within the average range. Can my ovulation tests be accurate? One more thing does the follicle stimulating hormone disappear immediately after ovulation? Or does it slowly reduce over a week or so? I tested believing that I’ve ovulated a couple of days ago. The line was slightly lighter than the control line. Could this mean that I did ovulate or that I have yet to?Please tell me those who have experienced this. I cannot get a satisfactory answer from the doctors also. So I thought of asking those who have faced such situation. TIA
dianavice

Re: diagnosed with PCOS

Postby Danaa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:21 pm

If your hormones levels are in the normal range the opks should be accurate.
A positive opk is when the test line is as dark or darker than the control line,whta you describe doesn’t sound as a positive opk.If you ovulated or not...I have no idea.
Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maria_75 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:27 am

Hi there how are you? Don't worry about these things. You need to just visit your doctor. I don't have enough knowledge about this. You should visit your doctor as soon as possible. It will be best for you. I wish you a very good luck.
maria_75

Postby annataylor1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:40 am

Hey Diana. How are you doing now? Well, things do not seem to be in your favour. I think if you are not getting a satisfactory answer from your doctor then you may change your doctor. PCOS is a very difficult disease to get rid of. But my dear stay hopeful and stay positive. Things will be in your favour soon. Best of luck till then.
annataylor1
Friend

Postby pitjulie19 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:22 pm

Very sad.
Last edited by pitjulie19 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pitjulie19

Postby BeccaChloe » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:35 am

Well, what you have mentioned doesn't seem like you have ovulated. However, LH surge is important to keep track of to know your high time of ovulation. OPK's does test your LH surge. The positive result indicates the presence of LH surge. And as the ovulation begins it decreases. It is important to know your cycle as LH surge begins before your ovulation and ovulation occurs 14 days before period. It is good to tests on day 13 of the cycle, in case you have a shorter cycle month and you need a positive result. Oh, and test every other day.
BeccaChloe
Friend

Postby Happy4k » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:38 am

Hi Diana,Have you tried Natural therapy ? Had PCOS,Ovarian Cyst too with no success with Medicals ,TTC for 13 years ,Natural therapy solved mine .I am pregnant and expecting my baby ...
Happy4k
Friend

Postby lillyP28 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:10 am

Hello dear. Don't worry about anything. Everything will be alright. You should be confident. I was also infertile. And I was trying to conceive. My family was not accepting me. But my husband helped me a lot. Then we went for surrogacy to Europe. Now I am a blessed mother.
lillyP28

Postby martinajohn785 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:35 pm

Dear Diana! How are you? hope so you are doing good. I think you are not in a severe stage of PCOS. It's a rare case. With PCOS, a woman can not ovulate according to my knowledge. Perhaps, it was in acute form in you. That's why everything is going to happen right by itself. I think you should also consult with another doctor regarding this. Because things could become more complicated later, so try to get it cured as soon as possible. And stay positive and hopeful. Everything will be fine.
My sympathies
martinajohn785
Friend

Postby lindaswank » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Hey! Hope so you are doing good. I just read your post. I think if hormones are working in average range then FSH would be in a right way. I think it usually occurs. But, if you are not feeling do well then you should consult with another doctor. He would guide you better. Just be positive and everytg\hing will be fine.
lindaswank
Friend

Postby pitjulie19 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 am

Hey Deanavice! Hope so you will be fine. I just read your post. I think you should consult a doctor regarding this. Because such things occur due to several reasons. Maybe you were suffering from an acute issue which is lost after completing its time period. And many more possibilities. So try to diagnose what is happening. I hope it would be good for you. Another thing which will be good for you is that try to find the best clinic. There are some clinics like Lotus they are worse and are here just for the sake of money. I want to let you aware of them. Just stay strong and be hopeful. Everything will be fine. All my sympathies are with you
pitjulie19

Postby Janeen1 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:24 am

Hey, honey. How are you? I hope you're doing alright. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It must be really awful. One never expects something of this sort to happen. I really hope you recover from it mentally. You have a lot of options on hand. You can go for IVF and IUIs. There's also surrogacy, for people like us. My only advice to you would be to avoid the clinic named Adonis. Honey, they are a scam. You really don't want to waste time on a clinic that is basically fraud. You might find their prices reasonable. But, it would be a stupid mistake to trust them. Trust me, I made that mistake. And, it hasn't been a smooth journey. Good luck to you, though!
Janeen1

Postby martha j » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:24 am

hey! I am so sorry to hear this dear. I can understand how hard it could be for you. I have been through same. This infertility is a curse. I am TTC for past 8 years but got no success. My husband suggested that we should adopt. I am not ready for it. I was adopted and my parents still longed to have a biological kid. I want to have a biological child of my husband and my own oocytes. I have recently heard that there is a very famous clinic in Ukraine. I wish you best of luck!
martha j
Friend

Postby Olivia07 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:00 am

Hey, I hope you are fine. PCOS is really hard to face. I have been facing many problems from past 5 years. I had been TTC for more than 5 years. But till now no news has come. I tried to get better clinic. But my bad I hit to Lotus. They treated me so badly. They didn't reply to my emails for at least 5 months. They ignored e. I sent them my medical report. But all my vain. Nothing got better. I have made a promise to myself that I won't trust a clinic now. I hope I come across a good clinic.
Olivia07
Friend

Postby Olivia29 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:41 pm

Hello there. I hope you are doing fine. I am so sorry to hear what has happened. It must be so difficult to deal with everything Life is not easy as we know it. It can be very difficult to cope with it. And situations like these make it even more difficult.. I am sure you are a strong woman . SEE, the thing is that everyone wants a child of their own. It does not matter what extend people have to go through for it. I will pray for you guys. And my best wishes are with you.
Olivia29
Friend

Next

Return to TTC Success Stories