Officially joining the 40s!

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Officially joining the 40s!

Postby missysgonnadoit » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:11 pm

:D
Hi everyone! I am joining you because I will be 40 in April. We have been TTC for 20 months now. We did one series of Clomid in March, Apr, and May of 2010. Nothing. The doctor told us they would not do anything moreand that we wuold have to go outside network for treatment ( out of pocket) So we thought we would try naturally for a bit longer We are both tested and there is nothing amiss so we have the good ole' "unexplained" nametag.

We got new insurance. I went to my new doctor. She wrote me a prescription for clomid and is sitarting IUI next month. She said " we will get you pregnant, no more worrying" and hugged me. I wept for a long time. This was yesterday. I start my cycle in 6 days and then it will me my first clomid and IuI cycle. She said they will up the clomid as they deem neccesary and get the eggs coming and then take care of business.
Matter of fact.

Now, I know that there is more to it, but I have not had anyone tell me "We can do this! No problem" and be so positive. I actually believe I will have a baby!

I felt like I needed to come back, start anew, in my new decade, with women who understand what it is like to be on the edge of fertility and have age looming. I want more than one too. So this could get tricky!

Looking forward to getting to now you all!

Missy :D
missysgonnadoit

Postby LaraE » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:20 pm

When I turned 40, I went to my RE and he was very positive and optimistic that I would definitely get pregnant. And I did with my first IUI/injectibles cycle.

Good luck to you!
Lara - 41 & DH Chris - 29
DS Billy - 14
DD Abigail born 9/7/11

LaraE
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby missysgonnadoit » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:52 pm

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! and congrats!

I just got my CD 23/ 9 DPO progesterone results and I am at 12.1 so they are feeling really good about my ovulation.

Oh, you made my day!! Hugs to you!!!
missysgonnadoit

Postby Michellelynn219 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:58 pm

I got pregnant with #1 my first IUI- stay positive, think positive and never give up on your hearts desire :)

:babydustg:
Michelle, 43
Married 8.5 years
SAHM

God is AWESOME!
Nicholas 6yrs- Concv'd cycle 18 via IUI/50mgs clomid w/3mil swimmers
Brianna 2.5-Concv'd naturally w/ < 1 mil swimmers cycle 24 after 11 failed IUI's
2- cesareans
May 06 dx Hashimotos

Fur baby -Gracie born 2/6/2011
Shihpoo
I believe in the power of prayer

My Ovulation Chart
Michellelynn219
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bluedisc » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi,
Hoping this works for you well. Sometimes ladies over 40 don't do well on clomid as it can mess up cycles and thin the uterine lining; it may not be the best choice if they haven't checked your lining, or to take for too many cycles, but it does work for a good amount of ladies, so hoping it will for you first time.
Lara - Congratulations!!!! Wonderful to see so much success here,
Brionne
Brionne 46, ds 9, dd 4, ds 3.
(In the picture - ds 6, dd 22 months, ds 7 months)
BFP 19th April 2010
bluedisc

late pregnancy???

Postby viv2170 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:54 am

hello, im so happy i found this site. can someone tell me if they have experienced this before.... ok, im 43 years younger with a 25 day cycle. my lmp was march 20 which was three days late... it came normally but on the fourth day was lite. i started getting nausea, felt the heavy full feeling in my lower abdomen area and as well as moody, constipated, i eat more than usual as well as visit the little girls room and to this day still feel the same way... today makes 18 days since lmp yes i have had sex with my hubby of 25 years before lmp and after.... i have more vaginal discharge or you know wetness than usual... can this be a possibly pregnancy. i would like to hear from you guys.... i will not get hiped up but i will remain hopeful. thanks
viv2170

Postby bluedisc » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi Viv,
Do take a pregnancy test. It does soiund like you are pregnant. Don't be discouraged if you don't get a positive straightaway, they sometimes take a week or more to appear, especially if you have an unexpectedly long cycle or late implantation. Sometimes you can have a failed implantation which is disheartening and a BFP turns negative later, or never quite turns up. Some people have several of these but end up getting pregnant with a sticky baby in the end.
At the moment it does sound like you're pregnant, so take the test and hope you're back on with good news,
Brionne
Brionne 46, ds 9, dd 4, ds 3.
(In the picture - ds 6, dd 22 months, ds 7 months)
BFP 19th April 2010
bluedisc

Return to TTC in our 40s