First RE appointment tomorrow...

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, maddy, GreekMythFreak, JessM, flipflop1117

First RE appointment tomorrow...

Postby MandyB424 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:38 pm

I'm not sure what to expect... any help? What do I need to bring information wise for her?

She is in my OB's office...my OB has had me on Clomid and the trigger shot the past two cycles... I have been ovulating... but no pregnancy... and it's been a couple of years that we have been trying. He wants me to see this lady to make sure nothing is holding things up or no further problems then we're aware of.

I am a bit nervous about DH. He's not 100% keen on "forcing things" as he calls it. Things like an IUI or further he feels are not needed... that if I am healthy and things are working like they should... I technically should get pregnant on my own without the help. So I'm hoping this appointment helps him understand things a bit better...

Really, really nervous. More to find out if there really is something wrong!
I will be on Day 3 of my cycle... the OB's nurse wanted to get me in ASAP because I had just started AF yesterday... I guess to be able to start treatments, etc, if the RE feels needed?

Any advice?
Thank you!
MandyB424
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Has liked: 0 times
Been liked: 0 times

Postby socialite_baby » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:23 pm

I'm sure by now you've already had your appointment, but my first RE appointment was just a consult. We discussed medical history, they made copies of DH's SA, looked at the pictures from my lap (I have endo), and together we figured out a plan of attack. We've been TTC for 3.5 years so we definitely knew something was wrong and were ready to try anything! Exactly a month later we did our first IUI! We're about a week away from our 3rd IUI before moving on to injectables and I wish we would have started sooner!

I'm sure your doctor wanted you in as a lot of blood work and ultrasounds are done on CD 3 so you wouldn't have to wait another month. KUP on how it went! :D
Lindsay (Mild Endo, Hypothyroid, implantation failure)
Ryan (Plenty of fast/forward swimming sperm)
TTC #1 for 4.5 years...

April - November 2011 - 7 Rounds of 50 mg Clomid, 3 IUIs. All BFN.
December 2011 - Diagnosed hypothyroid.
February - March, June 2012 - 3 Rounds 5 mg Femara. BFN.
April 2012 - "Immune Protocol" Follistim IUI. BFN.
May 2012 - Diagnosed activated natural killer cells and told we'll NEVER conceive naturally...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/gigiharlow
*RIP Baby Taylor - 12/8/09 - 12/12/09*
socialite_baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Has liked: 0 times

Postby goobermom » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:43 pm

hope your appt went well and that you got some more info/set a plan!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Clomid/IUI x3; Follistim/IUI x3
natural BFP- M/C :(
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
Letrozole, TI, progesterone, estrace- BFN (x4)
High FSH, RE recommending donor egg
End of our TTC journey???
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Has liked: 1 time

Return to TTC Over 12 Months