Yet another TWW... (Group thread, new members welcome)

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: maddy, GreekMythFreak, JessM, flipflop1117, unaffected

Postby wannababy2011 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:07 am

Thanks Sharon, I'm excited too. I don't know for sure if I O'd but chances are I did. I don't have that discomfort in my pelvis anymore. That disappeared on Mon. I also had a really sharp pain on Mon that lasted for about a min. Similar to what I had when the cyst burst but not as painful or as long. Just quick and then it was gone. I'm thinking that was O.

That makes today CD 20 and 2dpo with AF due on V-day. What a gift! I think I might be excited tho if she comes cuz that means I had a "normal" cycle on my own. Day 18 O for me would be that earliest EVER. Including all those months on clomid. We'll see what the next 12 days brings.

Tiffany, how are you? Any vacation news?

Sharon, I get those dreams too. I wish they would turn into reality for both of us.
Me (Danielle) 30- ovulatory factor
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009
7 cycles of Clomid all BFN
2 hysteroscopic surgeries & multiple tests

Currently: on 3rd (& last) round of Femara
wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Has liked: 0 times
Been liked: 0 times

Postby indygirl297 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:44 pm

Danielle: yay for ovulation!! Fingers crossed for you this month!
Sharon: I get those pg dreams to, they drive me crazy. My dreams are so realistic in the first place, ive even had dreams that im in labor.

Sorry I've been MIA, ive been in bed sick since Tuesday afternoon, I've been reading, just didn't have energy to post. No news as for vacation yet, not wanting to put anything into stone incase one of our next iui's just happens to work. ANyways, I'm going back to bed so ttyl. Hope you are all having a great week!
Me (Tiffany):28 DH(Jon): 32 TTC #1 going on 11 years. DH has SevereMF. I have severe Insulin Resistance, metformin 2000mg/day to keep that in check. Also have ovulation issues
Aug 07: Lap, hysteroscopy, cystoscopy, and HSG
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI#3 clomid/donor sperm BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN
IUI #6 50mg clomid, IUI 12/26/2011 BFN
IUI #7 50mg clomid, 10K pregnyl trigger, IUI 5/26/12 BFN
IUI#8 6/29, clomid, trigger, progesterone BFN
Currently Taking a break, persuing other options.

http://firstbabyorbust.blogspot.com
indygirl297
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby greytsharonly » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:38 pm

Danelle, isn't it a wonderful feeling when our cycles become more regular? One more step in the right direction.
Tiffany, I hope you are feeling better. I was terribly sick during ovulation.
Doesn't it suck that we put everything on hold in hopes that we might be preg? I am constantly doing that. If someone gives me a date for an event, I mentally calculate what day in my cycle it is. I am so tired of it.

And to make matters worse, my mind has decided that I am preg this month even though I have no major symptoms. I keep day dreaming about it and how I am going to tell people and how I want to take the weekly pictures of my belly and how I will move furniture around to make room for baby furniture...

Why am I setting myself up for another terrible let down?

My symptoms are: I've nearly peed my pants with several sudden urgencies to pee. I haven't been peeing more but it seems that the urgency is sudden and strong and I have to run to make it on time. My boobs hurt a little too but I've had a similar sensation several times before (and of course I thought I preg then too). I am only about 7-9 dpo. What do you think? Is the mind powerful enough to know or shall I be utterly crushed yet a gain?
Me (sharon): 37 the worst- high FSH
DH (marc): 39 lots of sperm but low volume

TTC #1 for 21 cycles
FSH 19.9, everything else fine
-doing acupuncture weekly since July 2011
-Taking powdered wheatgrass, 50mg B-6, a mega multi-vitamin and fish oil (along with some TCM herbs).
-Also cut back on caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and white flour. Pretty much my entire diet before I started this.

7/2011 Clomid and lots of bding- BFN
11/11/11 IUI with Clomid #1- BFN super sad.
11/29/11 IUI with Clomid #2- BFN not fair!
12/2011- natural cycle- BFN very frustrated and angry.
greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby greytsharonly » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:27 pm

My body was just playing tricks on me. I started spotting today and once again I am devastated. It is just so unfair and I don't know why I keep trying. And I am so sick of people saying, "just relax and it will happen.". Hello! I am 37 and it appears that it is NOT going to happen being that I am almost going on two years of actively trying. And never once have I had a bfp.

TTC #1 for 21 cycles
-Taking powdered wheatgrass, 50mg B-6, a mega multi-vitamin and fish oil (along with some TCM herbs).
-Also cut back on caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and white flour. Pretty much my entire diet before I started this.

greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:37 pm

Sharon: So sorry about AF. I hate that part of the cycle. Every month it gets harder. I hope you have some luck soon.

Tiffany: Glad to hear you're taking some time to yourself. It's great to just relax and not think about a thing. I love curling up in bed with a good book also. It's one of my favourite things to do.

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I'm super excited that I O'd by myself without any medical intervention. I'm currently 7dpo and not really thinking about it at all. Haven't kept track of much this month. I'm not hopeful that I'll end up pg but I'm actually feeling hopeful for AF. I guess when you haven't had a normal natural cycle in almost 2 years the prospect of one is amazing!
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby wannababy2011 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:10 pm

Well ladies, I got the date for my next surgery. Apr 5. Just in time for Easter wknd. The last surgery was (Canadian) Thanksgiving wknd. Looks like I'm a magnet for the holidays. I just hope everything works this time around.

Today is 9dpo, nothing to report. Under huge amounts of stress right now as we are in the process of buying a house. So much to do!

How goes it for the two of you?
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Hi

Postby kitcat1105 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi ladies,
I just read through all six pages and I'd like yo join your group. I'm in the middle of cycle 17. I can relate to a lot of what you all have shared....such as I get my hopes way up every month, then feel so stupid when AF shows. DH and I recently finished all our testing and we are "unexplained". We are going to try IUI next cycle, but I'm really nervous. I'm ok with possibility of twins, but DH isn't so we have to carefully monitor follicles. I don't want to think about what would happen if IUI doesn't work because we both feel uncomfortable with IVF...well I think we might feel different if it actually comes to that. DH is having a hard time with things not working naturally. I wonder if this hurts the male ego more than we realize. Anyway I don't feel like I belong on the other threads in TWW. This might sound mean but I have a hard time reading about someone's struggle to conceive baby 3 when all I want is one baby. Everyone is entitled to feel anxious, but I can't relate to those only trying for a couple of months. I also relate the pervading worry that I might have to deal with never having a child. Anyway, I'm typing on my phone so sorry if there are mistakes. I hope you all haven't quit the page because i would love to be part of your group.
Me 35 DH 41 TTC since Oct 2010
"Unexplained Infertility"
1st IUI March 4th (50 mg. clomid) - BFN
2nd IUI end of April (50 mg. clomid) - BFN
3rd IUI end of May (50 mg. clomid) - BFN
4th IUI June 18 (50 mg clomid) - BFN
August IVF
ER Thurs 8/9!
5 DT Tuesday 8/14- Transfered 1 5 day blast, 3 potential frosties
Beta Fri Aug 24th -bfn
On a break I guess. Thinking about getting a lap done.

My Ovulation Chart
kitcat1105
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby greytsharonly » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi kitcat!

I totally relate! In fact the thing I hate the most when reading preg symptoms on the main page was when people said things like, "been a long 3 months and I never thought it would happen, don't lose hope, it will happen to you." As if I need advice from someone who has no idea what it's like to be let down month after month for over a year (coming up on two years for me).

My DH and I were totally against all forms of ART but now we're doing IUIs and I wish I could afford to do IVF. I'm starting to seriously think about embryo donation as it is much cheaper and there is a program that is guaranteed or you get your money back. It's like adoption but you get to carry the child. I never thought I would be thinking about having a child that is not genetic but I am getting to the point where I am realizing that all I really want is a child and a family.

You'll see yourself change and your mind will open as more and more months pass. I NEVER wanted twins and now I am starting to think that it's more bang for your buck and possibly thinking why not? :D

TTC #1 for 21 cycles

greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:46 am

Welcome Kitcat! You certainly can join us. The more the merrier. Would you mind checking over the survey and completing what isn't filled in? It's just so we will know a little more about you. We usually call each other by our first names now. Makes things slightly more personal and friendly.

Kitcat / (real name?)
Months TTC: 17 cycles, since Oct 2010
TTC Baby #: 1
Any losses/chemical?

I suppose it'll be time to start a new thread soon as we are at 6 pages now but I'll do that in the next couple of days. Going to keep the same group name so keep an eye out for thread #2.

Kitcat: I don't have an "unexplained" diagnosis but I'm starting to feel like that's what I'm becoming. It seems every time we find one problem and solve it another one creeps up. I've been seeing an RE now for almost a year and will be having my second fertility related surgery in Apr. Follicle monitoring will help however, I just wanted to warn you that just because you have more than one egg doesn't mean you'll have more than one baby. Of course the chances are increased but it doesn't guarantee it. I recently had 3 follicles and none of them became a baby. :(

Sharon: I've started looking into other processes of having a child also. I have an old friend who works for the children's aid society and I asked her to send me some info on their adoption process. Just out of curiosity really to see what the whole process entails. It's scary to think that in a couple of years that may be the route we go. I also want a genetic link to my child but if that's not possible then I'm willing to forgo it as long as I have a family. I've known some adoptees and the funny thing is that they do seem to take after their adoptive parents in some ways. I hope you find your answers soon. I think the embryo adoption would be amazing.

Wow I'm long winded today! :)
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby greytsharonly » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:54 pm

I hope I can talk my DH into to something more than IUI. I am tired of his, "don't worry, it will happen naturally for us. It happened for so-and-so and it will happen for us.". And when I try to explain that an fsh of 20 is pretty hopeless and highly unlikely he gets mad at me and calls me negative nancy.

AFM I am day two and for once my flow is a decent amount so at least there's something to be positive about... Still pissed that I am not preg though. And I've been talking in my head way too much lately making mean comments about pregnant people.

Danielle, i am actually looking forward to your AF coming (well pregnant would be better but you know what I mean). Maybe this is your first step toward a regular, healthy cycle. And then it will happen.

How's the rest of your lives going? Winter sucks but at least it's getting lighter later.

TTC #1 for 21 cycles

greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:27 pm

Please refer to Yet Another TWW Part 2!!
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Previous