CD3 test results. Are my numbers really normal?

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: JessM, flipflop1117, unaffected, maddy, GreekMythFreak

CD3 test results. Are my numbers really normal?

Postby JB7764 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:15 pm

I tried this somewhere else but no answers so I thought I'd have a better chance here.
Well, I did my test on CD 5. There was no way I could get in on CD 3 since my office was closed that day. The next day I could do it was on CD5, but I looked it up and it seems that CD 3-5 is ok. Hopefully. So here are my results.
Prolactin: 11
FSH:7.6
LH:18.3

I had this done through my regular doctor and she said that everything was normal and indicate normal ovary function. But she is a GP and doesn't really have an extensive knowledge of infertility, and the results didn't have what the lab considers to be normal results listed so I looked it up.
The thing that most concerns me is that what I found says that if the LH is higher (with a ratio of 2:1 or 3:1) then the FSH that it could be a sign of PCOS. I know that it doesn't necessarily mean PCOS since there should be multiple things taken into account. But my LH is quite a bit higher and I have regular cycles. My O day ranges from CD 11-CD 17.

So are my results really normal? Does anyone else have experience with results like this? What did the results end up meaning for you? If it's not PCOS, then why is my LH so high if it's supposed to mirror FSH? What did your doctor say was normal?
I'm sure I will have to repeat this test a couple of times to get a better idea since numbers fluctuate month to month. How many times should I repeat it until I can be sure? Could I have PCOS, but have normal cycles?
Me 26
DH 30
TTC since November 09'

DH's SA results (abstention- 5 days):
Liquefied in 20min
Viscosity- high
pH-8
Motility-56%
Activity- moderate
Directional- 15%
Volume- 2 ml
Count- 143 mill/mL
Total count- 286 million
Normal morphology- 23%

My test results:
TSH: 1.320 uIU/ml
FSH: 6.34 miU/ml
Prolactin: 8.3 ng/ml
Progesterone: 4.41 ng/ml
1st Clomid cycle: March 2013

HSG 10/2/13 showed everything clear and looking good

My Ovulation Chart

JB7764
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Has liked: 0 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby maddy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:55 pm

Your LH seems a little high, and yes that could be PCOS. Do you have any PCOS symptoms?
maddy

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 100 times

Postby JB7764 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi, thanks for responding!
For symptoms, I have hard to control acne, pelvic pain, and I've noticed that the peach fuzz around my mouth has darkened and thickened a little. My DH has even noticed the hairs around my mouth. He only mentioned it once and he may have be trying to irritate me (he likes my reaction...apparently it's cute) but I went and looked and he was right. He was even sitting a few feet away from me. But I still don't think it's enough to really wax or bleach yet. I think it's really only noticeable if you are staring at it. And for pelvic pain, I get all kinds of cramps all cycle long. It varies from O type, AF type, to a random type that I'm not sure what is causing it. I think it all is probably mild compared to what most people with PCOS can have. I don't even have irregular cycles. So I'm not sure what to think. I do know that it's worth looking into to see if it's possible that I have it.
Do you know what other test results that can be an indicator of PCOS. I had regular blood work done a while ago and saw there were some things on there that i thought were odd, but my doctor didn't seem worried about.
Me 26
DH 30
TTC since November 09'

Liquefied in 20min
Viscosity- high
pH-8
Motility-56%
Activity- moderate
Directional- 15%
Volume- 2 ml
Count- 143 mill/mL
Total count- 286 million
Normal morphology- 23%

My test results:

My Ovulation Chart

JB7764
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maddy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Sometimes they can check you ovaries for cysts by doing an ultrasound. I have heard of women who have PCOS but have regular cycles. Also women can have PCOS but not have cysts! Its a weird diagnosis for sure! I hope that you dont have this condition, I would maybe have them do an ultrasound to see how your ovaries look.
maddy

Postby JB7764 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:52 pm

Thanks Maddy, I want to look into getting one. But I want it do be done by someone with experience with PCOS just in case. I don't want my doctor to miss anything because of inexperience. And I don't want to pay for the same test twice because she missed something. Since it will come out of pocket.

It seems like they would just come up with different names and classifications for something that can be so different for people.
Me 26
DH 30
TTC since November 09'

Liquefied in 20min
Viscosity- high
pH-8
Motility-56%
Activity- moderate
Directional- 15%
Volume- 2 ml
Count- 143 mill/mL
Total count- 286 million
Normal morphology- 23%

My test results:

My Ovulation Chart

JB7764
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maddy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:08 pm

I agree, I have wondered sometimes if PCOS is kind of a catch all diagnosis sometimes.

I think thats a good idea about finding someone with a little experience with it. I had an ultrasound scheduled one time and when I got there the tech was asking what they were looking for and why! It just seemed like she didnt have a clue. :roll:
maddy

Return to TTC Over 12 Months