Two Week Wait

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.
Post a reply

Going to an RE, UPDATE

Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Hello!

After a year of trying and only a chemical pregnancy at 4 weeks, I've made an appt with an RE.

Does anyone have advice for what to expect? I'm scared to death! :omg:

H
Last edited by Hmld7 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Going to an RE, advice?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:37 pm

I just had my first initial visit 3 weeks ago. I was very anxious and nervous too! It has been the best thing we've done. Ours had a plan ready, VERY accommodating!!!! They checked everything from head to toe, helps with everything! Best move ever!!!

Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:10 pm

Thanks! What kinds of tests did they order? Are you worried about cost?

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:35 pm

They did vaginal ultrasound, checked all hormones, thyroid, progesterone, all labs, seman analysis on dh, consulted with nurse, financial advisor, and dr, my ins pays 80% for us, labs and dr/nurse I pay full price for meds and IUI. I've already had a HSG dye test

Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:24 pm

Was the vaginal u/s on the first day? Do they have a working diagnosis for you yet?

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:21 pm

Yes everything on first day and had all answers within that week. Mild hypothyroid, mild pcos

Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:43 pm

Sorry for all the questions! Did the RE prescribe anything? Thanks so much!

Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Yes they did, metformin 500 mg for first week, 1000 mg second week and 1500 mg from then on out. Synthroid for hypothyroidism. Today is cd 3 for me I'm starting clomid and prednisone tonight

Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:19 am

When is your appt?

Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:19 pm

October 16th. Just got a ton of lab work back from my DO. No PCOS, but my insulin was on the higher end of normal. May I ask why your RE decided to start Metformin? Are you insulin resistant?

Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:21 am

No all my labs were pretty much normal..high end though. He says it can help balance everything and help lose weight too. It thinks it aids in fertility.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:13 pm

Hmm maybe my RE will recommend metformin, too. Have you lost any weight?

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:08 pm

I've been on it, going into my 4th week... I think 3 lbs

Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:02 pm

Hey Niki, the RE started me on metformin too today. Not sure how I feel about it all, still sinking in. My RE did mention she doesn't think I should be taking Armour Thyroid, I think she prefers synthroid.

Any updates on your end?

Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:34 am

Hey!!!! Hey that's good your headed in the right direction!!! Metformin isn't bad if you titrate it. How do they have you taking it? I did 1 tab 500 mg for. 7 days, then. 2 for 7 days, then 3 then on. It can cause diarrhea and stomach issues but if you do it like that usually you do ok. Synthroid is good! I had my IUI on tues. So I'm 3dpiui. Hubby's counts were really good! I'll test in a couple weeks
Post a reply
IsoFresh
Pregnancy Test Strips
FertilAid for Women and Men
OvaCue
OvaGraph
IsoFresh
5 Tips Newsletter