Two Week Wait

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s
Post a reply

Any experience with Prometrium?

Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi ladies! I am 33 and just had my 3rd early miscarriage since March of this year. My doctor prescribed prometrium for my tww and I was wondering if any of you have been on progesterone and what your experiences were. I'm currently 4 dpo and am not sure if what I'm experiencing as far as side effects go is normal. I started with 200 mg orally on 2 dpo and I've been cramping and (sorry tmi) had severe diarrhea starting this morning. Also been very fatigued. Any insights appreciated!

Re: Any experience with Prometrium?

Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:48 pm

Sorry to hear about your losses. I'm on it every cycle at 3dpo. I never really have side effects though. I believe fatigue is normal. Honestly it's been so long that I've been on it (we've been ttc over a year) that I think I'm so used to whatever side effects I get from it! lol The only side effects that I do notice more are after I stop taking it. I usually get a withdrawal headache that may last a couple of days if I don't take it the night before.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:46 pm

Thank you for your response! I expected the fatigue. My DS came home from school sick today, so I'm wondering if what I'm experiencing is a stomach bug and happened to coincide with starting the progesterone.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:47 am

I started on it a few months ago after ovulation...200mg 3 times a day vaginally. It did make me tired at first but that faded. I'm now 8 weeks pregnant and taking it until 10 weeks. I don't know if it helped or not, but I had 4 losses without it.
One thing to note is that I did not usually get AF until I stopped. Although I'm on a much higher dose. From what I understand, 200mg orally is quite a low dose.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:21 am

Yes, it is quite a low dose. I'm pretty sure now the problems I was experiencing were viral rather than side effects. I've got two in school and they bring all kinds of fun stuff home to the rest of us! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope all continues to go well for you!
Post a reply
IsoFresh
Pregnancy Test Strips
FertilAid for Women and Men
OvaCue
OvaGraph
IsoFresh
5 Tips Newsletter