Feeling frustrated

Having trouble getting pregnant the second time around? Find support here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Feeling frustrated

Postby motherload » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:59 am

Hi Ladies,

My DH and I have a lovely 2 year-old who was conceived the month after I stopped BC at the age of 32. I just turned 35 and we've been trying for #2 for about 9 months. I'm trying not to be frustrated, but it's pretty hard. I've used opk for the past two cycles, although I'm only really counting last cycle because it was the digital test and think I was just guessing with the regular test kit. I really thought that this was my month...as soon as I got the little smiley face (never got a flashing smiley face), we bd'd for three days. Today, I had red-tinged cm, which always signals AF.

I just made an appointment with my ob/gyn to figure out the next steps, but not really feeling hopeful about that, because my insurance doesn't cover fertility, so it doesn't even seem like there is an option to explore what might be happening.

I'm just feeling alone because my DH doesn't understand, and everyone else keeps saying, "don't worry...relax...it will happen". I wish they would stop saying that! ugg.
motherload
Friend

Re: Feeling frustrated

Postby mimimama » Tue May 10, 2016 5:36 am

Hi, I am sorry to know you are going through this. Fertility journey is difficult, particularly when DH doesn't understand you. I hope yr doc will find a proper solution for you. Remain positive (easy say say, but not aesy to do). In case of more advanced fertility treatment, consider clinics abroad, as much cheaper.
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kjstanton01 » Mon May 16, 2016 6:05 am

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Last edited by kjstanton01 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trying our best!
kjstanton01
Friend

Postby Opionato » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:40 pm

I’ve just launched a new, independent company, Opionato. Our mission is to provide at-home fertility consultations and second opinions to resolve or at least offer insight into the issues we are discussing here on this blog. We understand how important expert information is to women and couples experiencing fertility challenges. And we also know how time-sensitive it can be.

In many cases, Opionato can provide a second opinion in as little as 3 days. Evaluations with top U.S.-based fertility experts are available now: https://www.Opionato.com.
Opionato

Return to Secondary Infertility