28 and TTC baby no.1

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

28 and TTC baby no.1

Postby France1488 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:09 am

hey ladies,

anyone else my age and TTC their first child? I had been on the pill since I was 12, I stopped taking it after AF in August. So this month was my third month TTC (second month really because I'm not really counting august since I had just come off the pill the week before trying). My bf is 30, and we really want to have a kid, but damn this whole process can be stressful when you start thinking too much. temping can add that extra stress as well so I'm not paying too much attention to that, I try to take my bbt every morning but even the chart is confusing, I think I'm just gonna start winging it lol, i'll BD every other day as soon as AF stops until day 20, because I heard some women can O at like day 20....which confuses me EVEN MORE! :doh: started using preseed this last time we BD, hoping it worked even though I only used in the day after I "think" I O'd lol could of missed it...gah who knows!

I guess I'm just looking for reassurance and knowing I'm not the only one in this "I'm not even sure when I O" boat LOL I'm in my TWW now so we'll see...

Don't get me wrong I know 3 months isn't long at all when TTC and I tip my hat off to all the women out there who have been trying for years, Tremendous amount of baby dust to all of you!

stress vent over...and out!
Me: 28
BF: 30
TTC baby #1
France1488
Friend

Re: 28 and TTC baby no.1

Postby Danaa » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:55 pm

You are definitely not alone.Im 28 and my husband just turned 30 and we are trying for our first.
Ttc can be so stressful and so emotional and my advice to you is just BD whenever you see fertile cm(egg white like or wet cm) and forget about temping or opks for now,BD every other day is a great plan bcs indeed some women can ovulate very,very late like cd24 or cd30 for those with irregular cycles.
Also what helps getting fertile cm is grapefruit juice starting cd1-10 or cd12.
I don't know what else I can say,for me when I'm close to ovulation my libido is very high and im very emotional but also I get ovulation pains and i charted for a while and I know when im ovulating.
Good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby France1488 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:57 pm

Thanks Danaa! :) i appreciate the support! I will try that grapefruit juice, i also heard about grapeseed oil? Have u ever heard about taking that to be more fertile? I agree that the ttc process can be emotional and stressful especially when you start reading up too much about ttc on the internet lol *guilty* thank god for this website and these blogs, at least we can vent and conversate and support eachother :) wishing you lots of baby dust! Sending nothing but positive vibes your way hun! ❤️
TTC baby #1
France1488
Friend

Postby alaren » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:34 pm

Hi! My name is April, and I am 28 and TTC #1. My husband is 31. I had a Mirena IUD for 4 years until July 2016. We have been TTC since it's removal, on cycle 4 now.

I just had my positive OPK on 10/28. Fairly certain I am on 1DPO. This month we used Preseed, and BD in the AM 5 days during my fertile window. But we added in a PM BD yesterday for good measure. If it happens tonight too, great... but if not I'm feeling like we still covered all our bases.

I used to think getting pregnant was so easy. They scared us into not having sex as children and now that I want one (and prevented it for 4 years), I feel like I am spinning my wheels.

Trying to remain calm this time around - talking about it helps. And DH has been amazing! He will let me share all the details. As we are both geeks/nerds he called it our little science experiment. Kinda makes it fun... :)

Good luck to you!
April | 28 | TTC#1 | Peoria, AZ

My Ovulation Chart
alaren
Friend

Postby France1488 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:29 am

Hi April, thanks for replying!

I know what you mean, I thought it would be a lot easier that this too! Talking about it sure does help, especially seeing that we're not alone in this boat :) Supportive husbands and boyfriends are a must in this difficult and stressful journey!

I guess time will tell, the average period is around 9 months for a woman to get pregnant....I fee like that's sooo long lol and let's say im not the patient type :P lol but I don't want to stress over it either so taking it one cycle at a time!

Looks like you covered all your bases for your little science experiment haha that was cute!! hope the preseed helped, and that you get a BFP before your next cycle. It was my first time using preseed this cycle too, AF is due on the 3rd so we'll see! fingers crossed! :)

Lost of baby dust to you and Danaa as well! keep us posted!
TTC baby #1
France1488
Friend

Postby starzz121 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:32 am

im a couple years older but TTC #1 and have been in this for 10 months now. It certainly is taking longer than i thought it would, im also not patient either but i do know people its taken a good year to get pregnant. i feel with each monht you try you gain new ways to increase the odds. i with you lots of luck and hope that your BFP is just around the corner. xo
starzz121
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby cosorrells3540 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:03 pm

Hi France! Hubby and I are both 28 TTC #2. Got my.bfp yesterday at 8dpo (I think) I use opks and check cm and cp. I never even got a positive opk last cycle so I just traced CM and CP we BD every day I had fertile CM and i laid down for 30mins after or even just went to sleep. This was 3/4 cycle TTC and last month was a chemical. Hoping this one is a sticky!
Me 28
DH 28
DS 17 MONTHS
TTC #2
10-15-16 Chemical :angel:
11-4-16 bfp!
cosorrells3540
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby France1488 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:38 pm

omg congrats cosorrells3540, that's greats news!!! guess what...I also got my BFP on Saturday!!! YAHOOOO!!! I was two days late with my period so I thought what the heck I might as well test im never 2 days late, sometimes one... but never 2 loll and there it was! I'm announcing it to my bf tonight with a little surprise gift I can't wait!

Sending babydust to all who are TTC!!! don't lose hope, that BFP is just around the corner girls!!
TTC baby #1
France1488
Friend

Postby alaren » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:31 pm

France1488 - Just wanted to check on you. I did not get my BFP last cycle. Back in my TWW now... on DPO 6. DH and I are trying to not get our hopes up this month. I've not had much for symptoms.

Hope you are doing okay!
April | 28 | TTC#1 | Peoria, AZ

My Ovulation Chart
alaren
Friend

Postby mimimama » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:10 am

alaren - just wanted to wish good luck x
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC in our 20s