First IUI extremely low beta 15DPO

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First IUI extremely low beta 15DPO

Postby kikunotsuyu » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:47 pm

We've been ttc for about three years—2 years naturally, 6 months Clomid (which was awful), and now Femara with trigger and IUI. After several BFNs with home pregnancy tests, I went in for the obligatory beta certain it would be negative. What do we hear? I'm pregnant with a hcg level of 6.07. Unless this was some fluke of nature or a mistake with the test, it's not a viable pregnancy. I'll have a second beta in two days, but I wanted to know if anyone who has had such low betas might share with me how long it took for their body to move forward for next cycle. Sorry if the question is upsetting to anyone.
kikunotsuyu

Re: First IUI extremely low beta 15DPO

Postby PixieDust2016 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:40 am

I'm so sorry this is happening. I had my beta at 12 DPO, and it was 42. Then, at 14 DPO, it was 84. My progesterone was already over 40, so it looked great. My levels continuing doubling normally until they reached the thousands. We were able to see the gestational sack, but no heartbeat. At that point, my HCG levels had already started to drop. I bled for the miscarriage for about 9 days, and it took me 35 days to have another cycle. I moved forward with another IUI, but it was too soon. My uterine lining was still thick from the pregnancy and my hormone levels were still adjusting. My doctor recommended waiting 2 cycles after a pregnancy loss.

I hope you have a better outcome than I did.
PixieDust2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kikunotsuyu » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:21 pm

PixieDust2016 wrote:I'm so sorry this is happening. I had my beta at 12 DPO, and it was 42. Then, at 14 DPO, it was 84. My progesterone was already over 40, so it looked great. My levels continuing doubling normally until they reached the thousands. We were able to see the gestational sack, but no heartbeat. At that point, my HCG levels had already started to drop. I bled for the miscarriage for about 9 days, and it took me 35 days to have another cycle. I moved forward with another IUI, but it was too soon. My uterine lining was still thick from the pregnancy and my hormone levels were still adjusting. My doctor recommended waiting 2 cycles after a pregnancy loss.

I hope you have a better outcome than I did.

Thank you for replying and sharing your story, PixieDust2016. I appreciate it very much.
kikunotsuyu

Postby PixieDust2016 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:50 pm

I just wanted to say that a low beta doesn't necessarily mean a pregnancy isn't viable.
From the time someone takes an HCG shot, medically, ovulation can take place between 12 and 42 hours. That is a two day difference in itself. Additionally, the egg will survive for 24h, which gives it 3 days of uncertainty regarding possible conception times. The sperm will live between 24h to 5 days.

Additionally, from conception to implantation there is a 12 day window. There is also the uncertainty factor of breakthrough bleeding or implantation bleeding.

Therefore, a beta of 6 is not a definitive answer regarding the viability of a pregnancy. The only way to know is to repeat bloodwork every 48h, and it could very well be fine.

Every pregnancy has to start somewhere. Remember that a non pregnant reading is usually around 0.6. How many days does it take for 0.6 to double enough to become 100 or 6000?

Never lose hope before you see the HCG actually drop.
PixieDust2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Lily8 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi. I'm going for my beta next Tuesday and so far I got two BFN's. I'm trying not to stress but it's hard to be super positive. How did it go for you. Did you level go up? Best wishes.
Lily8

Return to IUI