Others with high prolactin?

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Others with high prolactin?

Postby drlngclementine » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:04 pm

Hi everyone! Forgive me if there is already a group for this (and please let me know if so), but is anyone else ttc with high prolactin or did anyone conceive after treatment for it? I recently found out I have high prolactin (37) and started on half a tablet of cabergoline once a week. We have been ttc since July 2015. I ovulate on my own and my husband has been tested and is normal. I also have severe endometriosis (and have had a number of surgeries for it), but it seems to be under control at the moment. If anyone is looking for a success story, I don't have one of my own to share yet, but my mother had a pituitary microadenoma and was put on bromocriptine to conceive me and was successful on her first cycle.

Would love to hear any stories!
drlngclementine
Friend

Re: Others with high prolactin?

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:35 pm

How weird, I had never heard of this until someone joined my buddy group recently and told us she recently got it under control. I'll leave a note for her to check out this post!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NSP214 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:53 pm

Hey Clementine!!! I too am suffering with high prolactin! (Was 189 but now 18 which is normal) I take a half tablet of Cabergoline twice a week and now my periods are pretty regular (32-34 days) where as I used to get them around 3-4 times a year. We've been ttc for 4 years and finally getting some things rolling. No other issues on either side besides the prolactin so we're now on round 1 of Clomid....I finish up tomorrow!! Yayyyyy! How long have you been ttc? Any kids? Plan?
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NSP214 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:54 pm

Never mind about how long...I see since July
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby drlngclementine » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:26 pm

BeeCee33 wrote:How weird, I had never heard of this until someone joined my buddy group recently and told us she recently got it under control. I'll leave a note for her to check out this post!

Hi BeeCee33, (hope I hit reply correctly -- this format is new to me). I'd love to hear from your friend in your buddy group!
drlngclementine
Friend

Postby drlngclementine » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:36 pm

NSP214 wrote:Hey Clementine!!! I too am suffering with high prolactin! (Was 189 but now 18 which is normal) I take a half tablet of Cabergoline twice a week and now my periods are pretty regular (32-34 days) where as I used to get them around 3-4 times a year. We've been ttc for 4 years and finally getting some things rolling. No other issues on either side besides the prolactin so we're now on round 1 of Clomid....I finish up tomorrow!! Yayyyyy! How long have you been ttc? Any kids? Plan?

Hi NSP214! So happy to hear your prolactin is normal and your periods are regular! How long have you been on the cabergoline? I know many women who have conceived really quickly on Clomid (I didn't, but guessing that was because of the prolactin), so here's hoping for success for you this month!

I was feeling sorry for myself with 18 months of trying, and I cannot imagine four years. That must be so difficult and so hard to be brave for so long. I am so very sorry for your loss.

No kids yet. We are hoping to have three (though my husband, who is one of three, really would like four so that each can have a playmate). I'm an only child, so two or more would be my ideal, but even one would be amazing :) What about you?
drlngclementine
Friend

Postby NSP214 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:55 pm

Hey Clementine! Yes 4 years is heart wrenching but so is 18 months. I have no kids but did get pregnant when I was 18 (17 years ago) which resulted in a stillborn...it still breaks my heart when I think about the ultrasound and there was no heartbeat...I suffered from a physical fight that my aunt started with me because of jealousy....oh my life...I've never wanted a baby so badly and it's all I can think about around the clock!! Anyway, enough of my craziness...how are you holding up and what about your hubby?? Wishing you lots of baby dust
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:37 pm

Clementine, NSP is my friend from my buddy group. Glad she found you!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:53 pm

Just came across this BFP story, too: http://www.twoweekwait.com/early-pregna ... in-lowered

It's recent, so you should be able to comment and get in touch with the author. :)

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby drlngclementine » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:32 pm

NSP214 wrote:Hey Clementine! Yes 4 years is heart wrenching but so is 18 months. I have no kids but did get pregnant when I was 18 (17 years ago) which resulted in a stillborn...it still breaks my heart when I think about the ultrasound and there was no heartbeat...I suffered from a physical fight that my aunt started with me because of jealousy....oh my life...I've never wanted a baby so badly and it's all I can think about around the clock!! Anyway, enough of my craziness...how are you holding up and what about your hubby?? Wishing you lots of baby dust

I'm so sorry. That is so awful. On another note, it sounds as though we are about the same age! I just turned 36. Some months are definitely harder, and some I haven't gotten my hopes up very much at all. But this cycle has me more hopeful as it's my first cycle on the cabergoline. The doctor seemed fairly certain I would become pregnant fairly quickly on it, but I'm trying not to place all my hopes on that. My husband is disappointed we haven't conceived yet, but is incredibly supportive and caring. How are you doing? And how is your partner?
drlngclementine
Friend

Postby drlngclementine » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:32 pm

BeeCee33 wrote:Just came across this BFP story, too: http://www.twoweekwait.com/early-pregna ... in-lowered

It's recent, so you should be able to comment and get in touch with the author. :)

Thanks, BeeCee33! :)
drlngclementine
Friend

Postby NSP214 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:42 pm

I'll be 36 next month on Valentines Day!!! And I do think that the Cabergoline is Heaven sent...my levels were extremely high so it took mine a while to come down...did you get an MRI to see if there was a pituitary tumor associated with the high prolactin? I have 2 tumors...yayyy lucky me. But everything is better now. My fiancé is very supportive as well and tries not to show that he's as down about this as me but I know he is! He has an 11 year old daughter from his ex wife and he's just ready to experience it all with me....and he hates that it hurts me so bad. But all in all we're staying positive and keeping the faith. I bought an ovulation kit today for the first time (doctors orders) so we'll see how this goes. Finished up Clomid today and I'm ready for action! Lol...where are you in your cycle again?
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby drlngclementine » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:05 pm

What a fun birthday to have! (I absolutely love Valentine's Day and always have, even when I was single.) Glad your fiancé is supportive. Do you have a wedding date yet?

I was just diagnosed last month, so I haven't gotten an MRI yet, but my doctor said I probably do have one and not to worry as lots of people have them without knowing it their entire lives. (And my mum has one, but other than not being able to conceive without bromocriptine, she's not had any problems with it.) My progesterone is low too, but she (doctor) thinks that is a result of high prolactin.

Hope the ovulation kit is helpful to you, and that this will be your month! That would be a fun birthday surprise for you :) I'm expecting my period some time mid-late next week.
drlngclementine
Friend

Postby NSP214 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:32 pm

We haven't set a date yet but definitely in 2018...we've just had so many other things going on that we haven't...I know we're working backwards by trying for a baby before marriage but it's just what I want!!! Lol! I've always wanted to be a mother before anything but I love my fiancé past the moon and will become his wife soon! And yes it's a lot of people (men and women) that has pituitary tumors and most of the time they're not bothersome...unfortunately I suffer with Migraines too so mine have to be monitored a little bit more closely. The MRI's were a little claustrophobic for me and by having to lay still for so long of course everything on my body started itching!! Lol! You'll be fine though...
NSP214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Krithi » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:08 pm

We are TTC for 3 years.but still my hubby penis is not going inside. So we are following the syringe method in home.but the problem is my hubby is ejaculating only twice a week. So when he ejaculates it crosses the fertile window.any medicines suggested to make him ejaculate during the ovulation day. Pls pls help me as I am in need of baby
Krithi

Next

Return to General TTC Stuff