Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Mommies to be and Mommies wanna be

Postby whoz » Thu May 11, 2017 5:37 pm

Dana, you're so smart! Thank you. And glad to hear you've been "letting loose" a little. ;-)
Me: 31
DH: 29
DS born July 2015
TTC #2 since January 2016
BFP Sept 2016 after weaning DS
MMC at 12 weeks - Nov 2016 (baby passed away at 6 weeks)
Fertility testing March 2017. Unexplained secondary infertility.
Trying naturally (Preseed, SMEP, BBT, baby aspirin, progesterone, OPKs, Fertilaid, FertileCM and Ovaboost, etc) Dec 2016 - April 2017 - BFNs
3 rounds of clomid (50mg, 100mg, 150mg) with my first anov cycle, breakthrough bleeding and all BFNs - May - June 2017
Laproscopy (coming soon)

My Ovulation Chart
whoz
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby whoz » Thu May 11, 2017 5:43 pm

Lolz, I understand how you are trying to protect yourself. I would be doing the same thing. Sometimes I get annoyed when my mom says, "OH I KNOW you'll get pregnant." It may be true, but it's not helpful for managing my expectations and taking into account that it doesn't always happen for everyone. You DO have a high rate of getting pregnant on the first time seeing as you are young and all, but it may take another round or two. People are nuts and make US nuts. It's about 45-50 (around there) for fresh and frozen transfers, right? Crazy to think that is DOUBLE the normal rates for healthy/normal-fertility couples. It's nice to think that you will now have an ADVANTAGE over those annoyingly-fertile couples. That's RIGHT, F-YOU super-naturally-fertile couples. :rofl:

Also, funny about them all thinking you WILL BE PREGNANT on transfer day. My SIL did IVF and it annoyed the hell outta me when my MIL said that they would "implant" the embryos. I even tried to explain (and get her daughter to explain) to her that they place the embryos in the fallopian tubes but they can't control whether they implant or not, but she wouldn't have it. I mean, that would make IVF 100% success rate if they could do that, eh? hahahaha. So silly.
DS born July 2015
Trying naturally (Preseed, SMEP, BBT, baby aspirin, progesterone, OPKs, Fertilaid, FertileCM and Ovaboost, etc) Dec 2016 - April 2017 - BFNs
3 rounds of clomid (50mg, 100mg, 150mg) with my first anov cycle, breakthrough bleeding and all BFNs - May - June 2017
Laproscopy (coming soon)

My Ovulation Chart
whoz
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Danaa » Thu May 11, 2017 5:58 pm

Loz what you are feeling is natural,believe me you would much rather have positive comments than negative.
You can take a break from everyone until ur result and this way you won't hear anything.
I was where you are and nothing anyone said made me feel better but a friend told me to trust my embryos and that's what I told myself every day when darkness was taking over.
Whoz Im not smart I just have too much experience with fertility drugs and different kind of protocols.
As for ivf they do transfer the embryos into the UTERUS not the falopian tubes,that would increase the chances of ectopics by alooot plus it wouldn't work for someone like me with tubal issues.
They bypas all of that,at the moment that the embryos are transferred they need like hours to implant or a few days,depends on the embryos,3days old 5 days old hatching or not etc..
At my last transfer I felt the babies implant hours after the transfer.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby whoz » Thu May 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought they put the eggs near there but couldn't really "implant" the embryos? The embryos have to do that on their own?
DS born July 2015
Laproscopy (coming soon)

My Ovulation Chart
whoz
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Danaa » Thu May 11, 2017 6:45 pm

Nope they can't implant them per set,they have to do that on their own.The doc just picks a nice fluffy place in the uterus and place them there,what happens is up to the body.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Loz28 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:01 pm

Yep, they do go into the uterus but they don't implant them. Whoz funny you should say that, my MIL and hubby keep saying that Monday is 'implantation day' and I have to keep explaining that it's transfer day, not implantation day. I haven't heard from the clinic on how the embryos are going but the plan is to transfer one 5 day blastocyst. We'll see! I'm so curious to know out of the 4 they've thawed how they are going.
Thanks for your wise words as always Dana!!
Me (Lauren) 29, DH (Nick) 32
TTC #1 since May 2015
I have PCOS & Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, DH healthy
Letrozole 5mg CD2-6 since June 2016
IVF antagonist protocol with Gonal-F and orgalutran, started 11 March
Switched to decapeptyl triggers & freeze all cycle due to OHSS
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
FET May 15 - BFP! DD 31 Jan
First beta draw @ 4 weeks 2 days - 725 iu/l
Scan @ 8 weeks 2 days - HR 163bpm
Loz28
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Thu May 11, 2017 7:08 pm

As always happy to help as best as I can.
Loz im fxing for you really hard!!!
A day better the transfer but some Brazilian nuts and eat a handful every day,they say it helps,I did that with both of my transfers,not sure if it helped or not in any way but I'm sure it won't hurt at all.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Fri May 12, 2017 1:45 am

Writing long posts just to have then not post at all is so infuriating. I posted last night and it's not in here. Ugh.

Loz:I know trying to stay positive in the midst if so many other outcomes is taxing. You just be you and push through to transfer day. Trying to act like Mary Poppins will wear you out. I start officially testing tomorrow throughout Monday then I'll stop if only bfn.

Danaa: Not sure what you were drinking but I know I'm going to have a cold hard cider come Tuesday myself if my body keeps acting like AF is coming.

Whoz:What time of day will you take them?
DH:3
Me:40
DD:6years
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:28 am

Hey ladies! Seems like I post regularly then I'm gone for awhile. lol I'm also on my phone so I have a hard time looking back to see all the personals.

Danaa Are you and dh ok now?

Loz it's so funny your mil and dh keep calling it implantation day the transfer day even after you've explained it is not. My mil is the same way. She asked on my 6 week ultrasound if we knew the gender! lol I said way to early and just to get her panties in a wad we told her we aren't finding out. Which we've stuck to that decision but she can't stand it. I know it's hard to have hope and expect the best trust me I do.

Faith I really hope you feel better. Are you upping your dosage if this month doesn't work? Praying it does though.

Whoz I'm so glad you got a script for clomid. I think another reason you don't want to take clomid too many months in a row is bc it can thin your lining too. I'm so excited for you! I'm praying this is all you need. I had a very negative attitude when I started clomid and I just knew it wasn't going to work. Infacr when I got pg it was such a surprise bc I wasn't expecting it.

Star how are you? Have your cycles straightened out any? I hope the ovaboost works wonders for you :) do you have any plans to do ivf again?

Andi I hope you are doing good and are able to relax some going into 2nd Tri. How many weeks are you?

Nicky when do you expect af? Do you have a protocol yet?

I'm really excited for everyone to be back and resuming ttc :) I do miss the excitement of it all.

Baby where you been hun? Hope all is well.

Fly where are you? I haven't been on fb much :)

So I've reached 17 weeks. I just can't shake the feeling that something is wrong though. I feel like I should be feeling movement by now and I don't. I know I find heartbeat all of the time now but I'm worrying baby is too small. I can't wait for my anatomy scan to hear my baby is healthy. I'm scared to the core of going in there and then telling me something is wrong. I've had a really tough couple of years and did some things I'm not proud of and I keep fearing like god is going to punish me for it by letting my baby not be healthy. However I know those are lies and god is not like that. I know that's not his character, but I'm just really scared. Bad things happen it's not that god allows it. I know know that! I'm just fighting off stupid thoughts. I'm not gaining weight staying steady and I just don't seem to be growing. Sometimes I just wish I would've gotten the blood test to check for abnormalities so I'd know. I mean at my age the risk for downs in 1 in a couple hundred. That stuff is bothering me. I know I'd love my baby if something were wrong. That's not in question I just don't know how I would handle that news. Sorry I don't mean to be a downer I'm just really struggling with all of this right now. I tell no one else just share it here bc I know this is a place I can be real. I've had a couple of nights of rough sleep but the last two have been good. Thankfully! I'm a bear without good sleep. I did my nails yesterday and I don't like them. I hate putting all of that hard work in and time just to want to redo them. Lol shellac and stamping aren't near as easy as removable polish! Oh well enough about that.
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Fri May 12, 2017 6:00 am

Faith I had Demi sweet wine,one huuuuge(500ml)glass a night,i wasn't drunk but i was in the dizzy state that is soo addictive lol:))
Courtney yes my husband and I are fine,he loves me a lot and i know he doesn't want to see me hurt and same goes for me,we haven't really talked about anything still bcs if i do i start crying and I cant continue the conversation so im going to wait until I'm strong enough to lay my feelings on the table, he asked when we should go see the doctor and I said I'm no ready to see him and he understood.
As for your worries,what you are feeling is 100% natural,I don't know what to say to make the worry go away,as long as ur baby's heart is nice and strong you are OK,as
For the movements not sure,maybe ur having an anterior placenta wich doesn't alow you to feel the baby kicking until much later.
Ur anatomy scan will
Be here in no time and you will have confirmation that everything is fine.
As for God....i don't know what to say,at the moment we aren't talking much:))i thought that punishing me by going trough years of infertility and Ivf was enough but it seems like He had to take my babies away as well,I don't know how anyone's faith can be undisturbed after going trough what i did and im not referring to losing my boys only,getting pregnant with them was after aaaaaaa loooooong journey,anyway im rambling.
Eoe hello:)
Last edited by Danaa on Fri May 12, 2017 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AndiA108 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:14 am

Loz - So excited for you!! Sending all the positive energy your way for a successful transfer! Get a good book! That always distracts my mind.

Star - FX you that O day comes before he leaves! I’m excited to see what ova boost brings you!

Faith - don’t let those temps get your hopes up too much! I think you ovulated on day 2 of your lp so you guys BD’d 2 days before that! You’re covered.

Whoz - so glad your OB gave you clomid! I’m a believer in it and even though this last time I got pregnant with out it. I think it definitely helped me get to this point! And don’t obsess too much over that 6 month figure. I got pregnant on clomid my 5th round! Then again on no clomid. I also have a lot of friends that were on it and went off then got pregnant so I think it definitely helps adjust your body to O. I saw a lot stronger temp spikes while on it.

Dana - Ramble all you want! That's what we're here for. It's healing to talk and vent about this stuff. It’s completely understandable for your faith to be shook up. I constantly wonder why God allows these horrible things to happen and take place. The only thing I can say that gave me some comfort is, while God can’t stop all the bad things from happening he can make some AMAZING things happen for us. Hang in the girl. I know it’s tough and every day is a struggle but believe me brighter days are ahead for you. *hugs*

Afm - My appointment went well and heard the heart beat on the doppler. So our risk of early miscarriage officially dropped and we are out of the scary zone. Which is a relief.
ME: 29, DH: 31
TTC #1 since November 2014

01/2014 - MC 6wks
12/2015 - MC 5wks
2 Rounds Clomid 50mg - BFN
(NTNP Feb 2016 - April 2016)
09/2016 - Round 3 Clomid 50mg + 200mg CoQ10 3xs Day
10/2016 - Clomid Challenge Test 100mg - Responded well
11/2016 - Clomid 100mg - BFP 12/03/2016 -- Ended in a miscarriage: 12/22/2016

3 months after our miscarriage... 03/22/2017 - Unexpected BFP. Praying this is our rainbow baby.
04/11/2017 - 6w5d saw the heartbeat!
04/19/2017 - 8w5d heartbeat still strong @ 178 :D
06/28/2017 - It's a boy! <3

11/18/2017 - Our hearts will forever be changed. Our baby boy was born in to the hands of God at 39 weeks and 1 day due to a true knot in his cord. Truly heart broken.
AndiA108
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby faithrock » Fri May 12, 2017 9:11 am

Andi: :D Happy you heard the heartbeat. Always so heart warming to hear. As for my temps, they usually shoot up 3dpo. 3 days after the horrible ovulation pains. No matter what I don't go higher than 98 but mostly just hang out at 97.90. So my temps now are amazing. The two really high ones are at the peak of my sickness. I am sitting at 98.34 after waking and cooling off a bit..lol. That is awesome for me. I have no idea if we made it to the egg though. I just feel closed each cycle. Today I have a fever of 99 and I'm actually feeling better so not sure why my temp is so high. Its been this way since I woke around 340am.

Danaa: That sounds so rich and yummy. I am having super sweet grape juice. It has no sugar added but it so SWEET. I call it the diabetes drink...hehe
Danaa finding love for God again after such a tragedy is some thing you have to do on your own. I did. It was acutally when I first came to really love God. Yeah, strange, huh? It brought me closer to him. Praying for your whole family. HUGS

Momma: I am feeling better. Still with a lil cough but MAN do I feel better. You can see that my temp went down slightly upon waking finally. Woohoo. I'm sorry you are filling like things may not be going right. I thought thought movement came at 19 or 20 weeks. Either way, I know I'll probably be having the same worries. We are so use to picking them up and caring for them when we suspect something. Feel so helpless when they are in our bellies. Keeping you in my prayers. HUGS

Also I will go to 100mg of clomid if this cycle is a bust. Then 150mg and my OB says after 150mg then its time for another HSG and possible IUI.

Hello EOE: Sorry if I forgot to respond to anyone. I'm feeling a bit dizzy today (ditzy too)

AFM: Just at home chilling with my daughter. I let her play hooky for the last time. She turns 7 next month and goes into the second grade. No more missing any days...lol. She is learning to read so well. Ok, back to pizza for lunch. HUGS
DH:3
Me:40
DD:6years
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:05 am

Faith fxd those higher temps mean good things and just aren't bc you have been sick. Enjoy the day with your daughter and I'm so glad you are feeling better. Everything says you can start feeling movement 16+ weeks. Although they say not to worry at 16/17 weeks. Haha that's impossible! I just can't remember my other pregnancies lol

Andi I'm glad your appt went well! Always reassuring to hear that heartbeat.

Danaa it's understandable that your faith has been shaken. We want to question god at why he allows this stuff to happen. That's so normal but if you believe his Word is true then you can stand on that and know that it is true even when you cannot see or feel it. Our cimcinstances or feelings do not make his word any less relevant. It's so hard to trust him when going through really hard times. I'm glad you and dh are good. You guys will get through this! Remember it's always darkest before the dawn. Danaa I wholeheartedly believe that you will have healthy living children! I know me feeling that way doesn't seem absolute but I garuntee you will! I know you don't feel ready to go see the dr yet but don't put it off too long that way you can make sure your body is healing as it should. Are you still bleeding?
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby starMint » Fri May 12, 2017 11:01 am

Ack so much to say and not enough memory to do it LOL
Andi - I'm so happy you heard a healthy heart beat.
Loz - it is really hard to go through this mentally sometimes. I suffered from a super positive expectation that my first round of IVF was going to be a success and when it wasn't, I was pretty crushed. I'm not sure why it didn't sink in that there isn't a 100% success rate... I just assumed modern medicine would make it happen. The second time going in was easier, but I was at the other end of things where I was so sure that it would be negative that I probably should have put more positive thoughts into the universe. So when the second attempt was a failure, I struggled for other reasons. I guess where I'm going with this is to say that it is OK to have overly positive and overly negative thoughts. We can't control anything but how we decide to respond. You just have to trust that it could work and will at least improve your chances. And we are all rooting for you!

whoz - I agree with what everyone else said about the clomid here --- you take it at same time each day to help regulate how your body feels b/c you can have side-effects. I liked it at night over the day b/c I am a good sleeper and avoided some of the crazy feelings (but not the night sweats lol). My RE did not have me take clomid when I did my stimulation and IVF cycles though because he preferred a different medication.

Danaa - I prefer liquor to wine (unless I"m doing a food and wine event :)) --- less headaches for me

NIcky, Courtney, EOE :grouphug:

AFM - just hanging out in AF-ville right now and looking forward to seeing how this month goes!
Me: 38 DH:46
TTC#1 since August 2012
IVF#3 20 eggs retrieved (12/13/17); 12 fertilized
150iu gonalF+150iu Menopur x 14 days (with last 6 days Cetrotide) , 2000iu hcg + Luprene trigger (5 weeks of 7 units hGH started 11/1)
IVF#2 - 19 eggs retrieved(12/8/16) (11 mature) 10 fertilized, 0 blasts
7 units hGH x 43 days (from 10/24 until trigger), 150iu Follistim and 150iu Menopur x 13 days (with last three days the Menopur dropped to 75iu and last four days with 250iu Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg and Luprene trigger
IVF#1 26 eggs retrieved (9/16/16), 14 fertilized, 0 blasts
225iu Follistim + 75iu Menopur x 13 days (with last two days the Follistim dropped to 150iu and last four days with Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg + Luprene trigger + 2mg Estradiol

My Ovulation Chart
starMint
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Fri May 12, 2017 12:41 pm

Hello everyone.

Faith: I do hope you are feeling much better now! Enjoy your day with your daughter. I love pizza.. Can always have it..I can't see anyones charts and sig on my phone, but seems like you are having good high temps. Hopefully thats more than just a stronger ovulation on clomid.

Star: Boo ya to AF-ville. I like the term though..I hope you are getting the perfect O timing this around. Are you charting your BBT?

Whoz: Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts. I really do hope that clomid is all you need. From what I read, 12 cycles is the maximum limit. And most probable reason is the thinning of the uterine lining, that continous use can cause. I had that by 3rd cycle of using it. We took a break, and only tried it again after almost a year, and that too for 2 cycles. And yes, embryos are transferred in the uterus, but unfortunately, science still hasn't progressed enough to cause implantation. In fact, the factors and the molecular profile, required for implantation to take place, has still not been fully discovered. But is a hot topic for research.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups