Embryo Transfer and Stenotic Cervix?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Embryo Transfer and Stenotic Cervix?

Postby MatureMom » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi ladies,

I recently had a D&C and hysterectomy under general anestehesia because my cervix was like sealed shut when my HSG was attempted previously. She removed a few polyps, fixed a septum and said my uterus looks like a great place for a baby to sleep for 9 months. I was thrilled. When i went back to my RE a few weeks later for a saline sonoysterogram and mock transfer, she couldn't get the catheter all the way in! It was better than last time, but still, she couldn't get in to do the tests. I was devistated. she told me that i would have to be dilated again before the transfer (maybe a couple of weeks) and that putting a stent in is an option. But she didn't give a definitive course of action.

Now i'm waiting for my eggs to be sent from my old clinic, thawed and icsi'd before my second surgery.

Has anyone else gone through this? I'm so worried that they won't be able to get through to do the ET :(

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy post.
MM
MatureMom

Re: Embryo Transfer and Stenotic Cervix?

Postby Danaa » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:28 pm

Hello, I have read a few stories where the women had the same problems and after the dilation method they had a successful transfer.
I don't know if resulted in a pregnancy or not.
Can they put you under for the transfer and have your cervix dilated a few minutes before?that would be great but i don't know if is duable.
Good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to IVF