Charted! BBT through ENTIRE pregnancy!

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Charted! BBT through ENTIRE pregnancy!

Postby chorse37 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:20 am

Friends, I charted my BBT through my entire pregnancy and noted some other milestones along the way. I see (and myself had) a lot of questions about BBT after HPT+, predicting MC, etc, so I hope this can help someone out. While my BBT did dip below CL a few times during the pregnancy, it did not stay low for any extended time. During my MC cycles, it also did not get low but my MCs were "missed", meaning I did not cramp or bleed; they were discovered via ultrasound. Progesterone supplementation (like I had) also does increase BBT, which can be seen on my chart.

Because of several early losses, I took progesterone suppositories for the 1st trimester after HPT+ and had NIPT testing at around 11 weeks. I ended up with extremely high blood pressure in the 3rd trimester that thankfully didn't turn into preeclampsia but did result in induction at 37 weeks. My sweet baby girl was just over 6 lbs and absolutely perfect! Here's the charting result:

Me/DH: 29/30, together since 2006, TTC #2
Irregular dRVVT clotting results, irregular HSG results, no diagnoses
:angel: :angel: :angel:
Rainbow arrived 10/24/16 at 37 weeks, small but perfect!
My Ovulation Chart
chorse37
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Charted! BBT through ENTIRE pregnancy!

Postby faithrock » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Thank you for posting this!! That's amazing you had the will power to chart after getting a bfp. I think I will for the first trimester but then I'm out....lol.

How much higher did you notice your bbt as a result of progesterone?
DH:3
Me:40
DD:6years
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Charted! BBT through ENTIRE pregnancy!

Postby chorse37 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:25 am

I was charting for so long while we were TTC that it just became daily routine!

It's hard to know for sure because I don't know what a normal chart looks like without it, but there's about a 0.3 degree increase around the same time as I started the progesterone, then it gradually drops to just above the coverline (-0.6) over the second trimester. My vague knowledge of the hormones going on says that this would also be what a normal triphasic pattern looks like.
Me/DH: 29/30, together since 2006, TTC #2
Irregular dRVVT clotting results, irregular HSG results, no diagnoses
:angel: :angel: :angel:
Rainbow arrived 10/24/16 at 37 weeks, small but perfect!
My Ovulation Chart
chorse37
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members