Would anyone like to share the tww?

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Would anyone like to share the tww?

Postby KatyMilly » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:29 am

Krippy I'm so glad you're back and feeling better. We're all here for support, we all know how difficult ttc is and how devastating getting af can be. But now get busy bd'ing!!

Skylight it's really close, the next one could be a positive. I think you'll be fine bd'ing on Thursday and then for a few days after if that's the soonest you can manage. As far as I'm aware a +opk means that you will o any time in the next few days after. How many days is up for debate. But if anyone knows otherwise please correct me!

Af got me today. I was expecting it of course but I still cried for a good few hours. I think somewhere deep down I was hoping it was my turn. Oh well, on to the next cycle. I've bought a trolley full of opks so I'm just going to test throughout the whole month, and temp, in case this happens again.

Is anyone still dpo and waiting to test? I've got a bit lost with where everyone is!
KatyMilly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby shanay » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:35 am

Hi Krippy,

I ordered the easy @ home ones, they had mostly pretty good reviews! Link below :)

https://www.amazon.ca/Easy-Home-Ovulati ... ion+strips

I was also thinking of purchasing the clear blue digital smiley one, it comes with 20 tests, and use those when I get a positive/almost positive on the easy home one to confirm?? I've heard the clearblue are the best ones to buy, from friends and doctor/pharmacist. That way they will last me a few months since they're pretty expensive. I have no idea if that's a good idea, just trying to be extra careful lol
shanay
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Krippycat » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:59 pm

Katy, I'm so sorry. Big hugs. I'm glad your IVF isn't too far off, though, but I really hope you get a happy surprise before then! Hang in there. I'll be praying for you.
Krippycat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Krippycat » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:02 pm

Shanay, I'm actually doing something very similar. I lucked out and found some digital ovulation tests for 90% off at Dirt Cheap a few weeks ago. I'm only going to use them when my wondfos get close to being positive. Good luck this cycle!!
Krippycat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shanay » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:30 pm

So sorry about af Katy! :hugs:

Question regarding when you're ovulating and you bd.... afterwards, I typically get in the shower and 'clean up', and usually most of the 'stuff', comes out... I don't know if that matters or not, but should I NOT be doing that anymore? Should I just maybe lay in bed for a while and let it... stew in there? LOL :rofl: sorry for the TMI Thanks ladies
shanay
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Krippycat » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:08 pm

Shanay, I'm not sure how much it matters, but I usually just lay there for 20 - 30 minutes before getting up. Makes me feel like I'm improving my chances a little. Lol
Krippycat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsWright31617 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:03 pm

Katy I'm sorry about af. Krippy I'm not too sure yet about when I normally o. This is my second cycle, so I'm still trying to get the hang of things. My temps are everywhere this cycle so that's not going to be reliable this go around. So I will just focus on opk starting today and continue to be consistent with bd'ng.
MrsWright31617
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Skylight026 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:03 pm

Katy sorry af came. On the bright side you're getting close to your ivf.

Shanay I lay down with my butt on a pillow for about 30 mins then I go clean up then go to bed. Who knows if it increases your chances but I'm willing to try it.

So I finally got my positive today. Was successful at seducing db after a late night shift but due to stomach issues he's been having he wasn't able to finish. I'm hoping tomorrow won't be too late and we can try again.

This test is actually from 1115pm after my late night shift.
Attachments
IMG_2074.JPG
(110.38 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanay » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 am

Skylight - yay for your positive!! hopefully you get some good bd-ing in today!!

Is it normal to get two lines on a OPK this early on? I took one for fun this morning, I'm only on CD7 so I assumed no line would show up? or is it normal to always get a second line? it wasn't dark or anything though.
shanay
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby KatyMilly » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:57 am

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I really do appreciate all the support. What a lovely bunch of ladies xxx

I'm over it now as I knew it would happen anyway. Plus we've got so much going on right now I haven't got time to dwell on it. My dog burst his stitches (had a lump removed) so we've been at the vets getting him re-stitched today. We're supposed to go on holiday in a week and it's all up in the air now as to whether we're going to make it. Obviously my doggy comes first so if we can't go, we can't go.

Shanay it's normal to have 2 lines on an opk as we always have a bit of the luteinising hormone going on. When we get a hormone surge it means we are ready to ovulate and the test will read positive. The test line will be as dark or darker than the control line when this happens. If the test line is lighter than the control line it means there is no surge of hormone.

Sorry if someone has already answered your question, I forgot to refresh the page before I started typing :)
KatyMilly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby miss18teach » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:18 pm

I just had my IUI this morning. So I'm just starting my 2ww. This is my 2nd IUI so I'm hoping this one takes. I've been trying since July to conceive. Meanwhile it feels like everyone I know is pregnant. Ahhhh...this is the most emotional journey I've been through.
miss18teach
Friend

Postby TBatch9917 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi ladies! This is my first time posting on any TTC board but I am excited to share this experience and get feedback from other women going through the same things as me! This is only our 2nd cycle TTC but dh and I are anxious to start a family asap :) I am 1dpo and the 2ww is going to feel like an eternity!
TBatch9917

Postby Skylight026 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:41 am

Miss18teach and tbatch welcome! The tww is the worst.

I believe I am 1dpo today. So I believe I am 1 day behind both of you. We can share our crazy symptoms and get through this journey together! :)
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MrsWright31617 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:54 am

Welcome ladies!
MrsWright31617
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Krippycat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:03 am

Welcome, Miss18teach and tbatch! This is a great group. The ladies here are all very supportive. Makes the whole TTC journey a little bit easier having others to listen, support, and cheer you on. Fingers crossed for you, both! :-)
Krippycat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to General TTC Stuff