Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:49 am

Oh I almost forgot! Kat, with the BBT- Does it usually stay pretty consistent around the same temp until the dip prior to AF?? Or does it gradually get lower and then dip low??
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:51 am

Heres what my chart looks like as of today if that helps.
Attachments
BBT10617.jpg
BBT10617.jpg (69.62 KiB) Viewed 290 times
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:19 am

Lynsey- the months I did not get a Bfp my temp would gradually start going down a few days before my expected AF. This month with the Bfp- it pretty much consistently stayed up around the same temp (with the exception of a temp spoke at 6dpo which is when I think I may have implanted. Hope that helps!
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:30 am

Yeah maybe I'm wrong and today is o? That would be great if we can bd tonight. Maybe I'll play hard to get lol.

I'm so excited for your ultrasound as well. I can't wait to see pics and I will definitely keep you in my prayers.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Skylight026 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:32 am

Lynsey I can't wait to see a temp spike. It's so interesting to see someone's chart and understand what is going on. I use to just look at them for a sec and keep scrolling.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Skylight026 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:55 am

Do you ladies have any baby names picked out? I only have 2 girls name picked out. Josh seems to like the both first names and it wasn't til recently that I thought of a middle name. I like the names Julia jayde griffin or mila Jayde griffin. Boys are too complicated lol. I wouldn't know what to name him.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:16 pm

That does help Kat, thanks!

I find it super interesting too Isabel! I wish I had started sooner lol Even though its not always accurate for me, its still helpful.

You better get down to business tonight girl!

We have a looooonnnnngggggg list of names actually! We had a really hard time picking out a boy name last time so we figured we'd start early this time haha Our girl name list is super long but we have a few boy names too...i dont want to jinx myself by picking too many boy names but if I hear or see one I like, I write it down. We immediately picked a girl name when I was pregnant with Nate and planned to use it for the next but then a close family friend named her daughter our name so we cant use it anymore :( We loved the name Mackenzie but its a no go now...damn her for stealing my baby name lol Is Griffin Josh's last name or is that a second middle name?? I absolutely LOVE Mila but Nate already has a cousin Mila so thats out for us. Julia is one of my names too!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Here's our long list lol the hashtags are my top contenders and the asterisks are Patrick's.

Mae (possibly middle)
Norah#
Elizabeth#
Ava
Lana#
Aubrey*
Audrey#
Adelaide
Amelia#
Lena
Delaney#
Keira
Sadie
Imogen
Penelope*#
McKinley
Taylor*#
Sophia
Scarlett
Ellie
Hannah*#
Zoey
Savannah#
Cora
Addison
Miranda
Chloe
Camille
Madeline
Juliana/Julia
McKayla
Kennedy
Olivia#
Natalie

Rowen
Shane
Cameron
Derek
Jack
Dylan
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:33 pm

Dang girl! That's a lot of names. Looks like Hannah might be the one. I also love the name Julianna but josh doesn't. Yes griffin is his last name. I know what you mean about family members...can't have the same name. I also hate when you find a name you love but then you meet someone with that name that you extremely dislike. That ruins the name for me.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Skylight026 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:33 pm

Or Penelope...sorry I missed that one.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:04 pm

I know those are the ones we agree on buttttt my absolute favorites are Delaney and Norah. I'm hoping I can convince him to see things my way lol I have an enormous family (Irish catholic) so it's hard to find names that haven't been used yet! Just counting my first cousins, I'm one of 40!

I'm with you on people that ruin names. Or when a character ruins a name lol I love the name Lorelei but I'm a huge Gilmore girls fan so Patrick thinks I want to name our kid after her so he shot it down immediately. For the record I just like the name, I'm not actually trying to name her after that character lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:39 pm

:) definitely BD tonight Isabel!! I don't think it will hurt anything !!

As for names, we already have a River, Raegyn, and Aubrey and our lists for the new baby are remarkably short haha (mostly because we agree on not a lot of names). The ones on the list are ones we both like just because we know how stubborn we each are and there won't be any convincing lol.
Girls: Kelly, Lucy, Lydia (regardless middle name will either be Regina or Amelia after one of my grandma's)
Boys: Jay, Kane (regardless middle name will be Thomas)
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:04 pm

I like your names Kat! We're both super stubborn too but that doesnt mean I cant try my hardest to convince him lol I can be very persuasive!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:03 am

How are you ladies feeling?

I'm confused on my o day. This is where temping would've helped. It seemed like I was having pretty bad o cramps Thursday night. Yesterday morning still had ewcm along with last night but was mixed with creamy cm. This morning more ewcm not very much and wasn't stretchy at all also mixed with creamy. O might have been thursday night or yesterday. I really want to say Thursday to give me more of a chance since last bd was Monday night. I didn't want to pressure him yesterday. The 'argument' we had Thursday he kinda said some things that made me think he didn't want it as much as me so next cycle I'm not going to use opks and I'm not going to try as much. Unfortunately I feel like I'm wasting my time doing it all if he's not ready to time things the way I want to. He really just wants to ntnp. And even then it upsets me because he said he's compromising with me since he knows I want a baby but he doesn't want to try so then I feel like he doesn't care whether or not I get pregnant. It's just one big mess that's stressing the both of us out. Sorry for the rant...I don't have anyone else to talk to about this :(
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:34 am

Aww im so sorry Isabel, thats awful. Dont apologize for "ranting" though, thats what we're here for! ESPECIALLY if theres no one else to talk to...Im assuming you havent told anyone youve been trying then?? I'll respond more later, Ive got family coming over today and we're off to the pumpkin patch then back here for dinner after. I just wanted to respond quick so you know im thinking of you and you shouldnt feel bad for talking to us about it. Big hugs to you girl <3
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Ovulation