Everything Tastes Funny!

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Everything Tastes Funny!

Postby Jamjam1990 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:49 pm

So hubs and I have been trying for the last 5 months. And I have really tried to not read into stuff and not get my hopes up through this journey (unbelievable hard!)

Im currently CD13, however my most recent AF was a little different - way lighter than usual, but still with one heavy day. Usually all days are heavy.

But for the past 2 weeks, I have hardly been able to eat anything - Everything tastes weird- There is this taste and smell to absolutely everything! I can't even determine what it is, but occassionally it turns into the smell of an ashtray - and i can smell cigarettes everywhere - And i'm never around smoking! I am having not even 1 meal a day, and even then I am not hungry - I have no appetite what so ever! Which is incredibly weird for me! I also have noticed that I have a bit of a temperature - have had it all week - and Apart from a bit of nausea and tiredness most days I don't actually feel all that bad.

I have of course been asked by lots of people if I could be pregnant, and explained that i just had AF not so long ago and they all say "well some woman get their period that first month" So I've done about 3 HPT and all BFN.

I keep giving up hope that i might be pregnant but then my mum told me that when she was pregnant the ashtray / cigarette smell was constant. And it has only been getting worse since this started.

Anyway, I dont really know what i am asking except maybe has anyone experienced this with early pregnancy? Is there a chance I could be pregnant or am I just being stupid and getting my hopes up?
TTC Bubs#1 since Aug 2017
Happily Married to an amazing man and can't wait to make him a daddy!
Jamjam1990

Re: Everything Tastes Funny!

Postby Amouna87 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:27 am

I think that if you were pregnant, it would have shown up on the tests by now for sure, I would say it's just a weird AF, and the smell part could be down to progesterone hormone as that annoyingly mimics pregnancy symptoms. Its so frustrating I know!
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?