Christmas BFP?

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Christmas BFP?

Postby MommaJenna4 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:15 am

My kids have been amazing with adding. My eldest was only 19 months when her sister was born. It was an easy adjustment to me. My husband is the oldest of 7 and I was an infant daycare teacher so we always knew we wanted a big family. My DD2, was just turning 3 when my son was born. it was a HUGE struggle. Now most say 2-3 is difficult but for us it was UNIQUE. My son was born very sick. He has a rare metabolic condition and we spent his first year of life in the hospital. He was too fragile that I could not leave him- so we relied on facetime multiple times daily, mommy pre-recording bed time songs and stories that daddy (and nana and grandpa) would play for them and weekend visits at the hospital. His 2nd year we were home but still frequently getting admitted to the hospital but with the love and support of my parents moving in with us we were able to keep their lives moving in their own home and in their own beds. "Mommy is going to the hospital with J today" became the equivalent of "Mommy is going grocery shopping" "Ok mum see you on facetime tonight!" It was our normal. J is tube fed and requires a lot of equipment. but I truly feel the unique perspective that life with J has given us has truly blessed and humbled our family. Then came my toddler who is "lovingly feral" she was a big surprise as we were CERTAIN we were done after my son. She healed us in ways we never knew were broken. My kids were OVERJOYED when we announced our pregnancy to them. We would sit at bedtime every night and read about the new development in the baby. They soaked it all in. Kait had a rough delivery and my only C-section. She spent a few days in the nICU that challenged all our nerves but has been full steam ahead since then. The biggest hurdle was explaining to the girls that babies don't ALL come with tubies and such. They were convinced for a long time that it would be like J- mommies have babies and we skype for a year. Adding #4 was such an easy adjustment. babies 1-2 were so young that they really knew no difference and then 1-4 was awesome because they felt PART of the experience and still do! Sorry for the novel LOL

AFM I am cd8 and getting frustrated with OPKs ... with all the technology we have there certainly needs to be a more reliable detection lol I took one at CD5, then one early this AM CD8, and again at noon today. It looks positive to me. But I'm only CD8! I don't think i've EVER ovulated this early. My other FF charts show O at like cd 16ish

My Ovulation Chart
Attachments
27750298_1994402414166731_121975466351743635_n.jpg
27750298_1994402414166731_121975466351743635_n.jpg (25.33 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
Married 9 years
DD 9, DD 7, DS 5, DD 2.9

*I LOVE A TUBIE*
#tubefeedingawareness
MommaJenna4
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby J.Erica » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:51 pm

Oh my goodness! It sounds like you have a wonderful support system with your entire family---that's awesome! It seems as though you've battled through so many tough times! I would be a basket case. Kudos to you, for sure! My big guy has been an only child for 4 years (as of tomorrow), and I think he'll be crazy jealous---but then sometimes, I think he'll end up being a pretty great big brother because he LOVES to help me and DH with things (usually). I'm sure it'll take some getting used to either way. Your OPK definitely looks positive to me too. Might try to work in some BD just to be on the safe side. When DH and I were TTC our first, I had two surges (CD 11 and again on CD29--crazy, right?) in one cycle. It's kinda odd, but I don't think it's completely unheard of. Also, I read that it was best to use OPKs in the afternoon and not first thing in the morning. When did you take the most recent one that looks positive?

AFM, Nolen's birthday party was yesterday, and we spilled the beans about #2. Everyone about had a stroke, I think, because no one ever thought we'd have another. I kinda had a difficult delivery with Nolen, and I honestly wasn't quite sure whether we'd ever have another, either...LOL.
Image My Ovulation Chart

ME: Age 32
HUSBAND: Age 34
Our Lil' Wildcat: Nolen Caine - Born: 2/5/2014

Dori couldn't be bothered to have her picture taken.
J.Erica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MommaJenna4 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:04 am

awww that's awesome!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

AFM I still have positive OPKs today but temp is still low. No other secondary signs of O so I'm wondering if I'm not actually Oing this early and just have an early surge and will actually O later. Similar to how last month I suspected O around this time but actually was later in the cycle. ..
Married 9 years
DD 9, DD 7, DS 5, DD 2.9

*I LOVE A TUBIE*
#tubefeedingawareness
MommaJenna4
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LittleOak » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:18 am

Hi ladies!

Jenna, wow Momma, you've had such a journey with your little one's. Bless your family and thank you for sharing your story! Your family has so much love and strength. I really wanted a big family, 3-5 kids but hubs only had one sibling so he likes the smaller end LOL. I understand the frustration with the OPK's. When I came off the BCP I would get surge's picked up by the OPK but I didn't O for the first two cycles..which I would have known if I had been charting properly. This month though, I took an OPK on CD4 and it came up positive or almost positive first thing in the AM and negative by 2pm which is when I would normally test. You may just been picking up surge's but get that deposit just in case! :oops: I've also read not to use OPK's in the AM, probably for reasons like what I experienced. Digi OPK's are more expensive but ladies report it helps decipher the lines better.

J.Erica, I'm so happy to hear that the party went well! :D Sorry to hear about the complicated birth, an old friend of mine had a difficult time as well and went on to have a second perfectly fine. I remember thinking back then, in that room with her, that I couldn't be that brave and certainly wouldn't have risked it a second time. Motherhood can be such a mystical thing!

AFM, yes, the hag came to visit and thankfully passed quickly and very lightly at that. I think AF has gotten lighter since the CP and I wonder if maybe I should be seen again to make sure everything is back to normal. I've been trying to relax a bit so haven't been on here as much. Hubs and I are starting to plan our move as we take leave of the Army. He gets his order's soon and I've never been so nervous! I just hope that he and we will adjust okay. I start OPK's tomorrow, interested to see where that's at! I really hope I O a little earlier than I did last time. Fx my temps don't throw me for another loop!
Me - 24, DH - 25
BFP May 2018
Finally growing our little RAINBOW! Due January 2019
"The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness."
LittleOak

Postby MommaJenna4 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:52 am

Glad she was short! Love that you are taking time to relax and just let things flow.

I finally got a temp rise and I got a negative OPK today LOL. We DTD again just incase but it is still SO early for me. I still have a sneaking suspicion that I didn't actually O and just got an early surge so I'm going to keep taking the OPKs and charting to see if anything changes. CD10ish so who knows. LOL
Married 9 years
DD 9, DD 7, DS 5, DD 2.9

*I LOVE A TUBIE*
#tubefeedingawareness
MommaJenna4
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby J.Erica » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:12 pm

MommaJenna---I'm willing to bet you just had an early surge but didn't really O, especially with no other signs pointing otherwise. Keep up those OPKs!

LittleOak---Best of luck to your DH and you as he awaits his orders! Sometimes it's best to take a step back a bit because this TTC stuff gets so incredibly overwhelming, at times. You do you. :c)

AFM, the past couple of weeks have been crazy busy. Preparing for party, then the party, Nolen's birthday was Monday, he attends a couple of classes at preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays, groceries, tax appointment this morning at 10:30 and a vet appointment at 3:00, birthday party again tomorrow for a friend's son...I'm ready for a break!! Anyway, nothing new to report, really. My boobs still hurt, but that's pretty much it. My appointment isn't until the 27th, so I have a bit of time.
Image My Ovulation Chart

J.Erica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MommaJenna4 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:58 pm

Gosh sounds like you have been busy!!!!!

I'm not sure what is going on but my body clearly hates me. It's obnoxious. I am 4dpo according to FF but had a temp dip today below coverline. and a funky almost positive OPK. So I have no idea. The dip was actually much larger at first but I woke up earlier than I usually do because my toddler got up. It was WAY low. Then I went back to bed and took it again when I got up at my normal time which is what I recorded. I have no clue what is going on....

My Ovulation Chart
Attachments
27972316_1997469480526691_4373025073871918100_n.jpg
27972316_1997469480526691_4373025073871918100_n.jpg (32.33 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
Married 9 years
DD 9, DD 7, DS 5, DD 2.9

*I LOVE A TUBIE*
#tubefeedingawareness
MommaJenna4
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MommaJenna4 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:43 am

Ugh now temp is now up but still positive OPK !!
Married 9 years
DD 9, DD 7, DS 5, DD 2.9

*I LOVE A TUBIE*
#tubefeedingawareness
MommaJenna4
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LittleOak » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:58 am

J.Erica, yes TTC can get overwhelming which is why I’m being extra vigilant to not let it get to me! My, you’ve been busy. Don’t forget to breathe! :D

Jenna, I was looking at your chart and your chart is obviously biphasic but I'm not sure why you'd still be getting pos OPK's if you O'd successfully. Last month was weird for me as well. I'd just keep BD every one to three days until the cycle is done if you keep getting positives.

AFM, It finally snowed here (4 inches) and I swear, you would think the people around here have never been in it before. So many wrecks and speeding through black ice, ugh. My OPK's seem to be darkening but it's looking like my norm for O is CD15+. I've been having pink/rust red/brown CM when I wipe, and also when I check CP, the last three days..Tons of creamy CM at that so there's no mistaking that the colors are there. I've heard that some ladies spot before/during/after O but this has never happened to me before. I don't do mid cycle spotting. Fingers very crossed that this difference is going to be a good different!!!
Me - 24, DH - 25
BFP May 2018
"The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness."
LittleOak

Postby MommaJenna4 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:58 pm

huge temp dip today so who knows! LOL. After reading reviews apparently this brand of OPK is known for false positives I did a control test with totally neg urine and it was almost positive so I can see it being misleading now and perhaps those + werent' actually + so I'm just going off of temps for now... I had a HUGE temp dip today so who knows maybe a late second surge to O?

<a href="https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2b9955/">My Ovulation Chart</a>
Married 9 years
DD 9, DD 7, DS 5, DD 2.9

*I LOVE A TUBIE*
#tubefeedingawareness
MommaJenna4
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby J.Erica » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:10 am

MommaJenna--holy temp dip! I agree with LittleOak...I'd keep BDing just to be on the safe side. Temping is so hard to do if you have trouble sleeping or have kiddos (or pets, for that matter) that are up every now and then.

LittleOak--I hope your differences are a good sign! My fingers are crossed for you. I agree with the snow---around here, people are nuts if it snows.

AFM, not much to report. I've been an irritable, moody mess. I haven't been sleeping too well, so that makes matters even worse.
Image My Ovulation Chart

J.Erica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MommaJenna4 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:32 pm

Temped jumped back up above coverline today!! Hopefully that means good things!!
Married 9 years
DD 9, DD 7, DS 5, DD 2.9

*I LOVE A TUBIE*
#tubefeedingawareness
MommaJenna4
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LittleOak » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:12 am

Jenna, yay for the temp jump! That's looking very promising :D

J.Erica, aw, nothing like a nice swing to make the day interesting lol. Hopefully that symptom will ease up a little for you. Being moody is so exhausting for me but was probably my first tip off I was pregnant before so I'll take what I can get!

AFM, My OPK's never turned darker than control but did get close. FF gave me my cross hairs, which I started to suspect I would get yesterday after cross checking my resting heart rate. It always rises fast after O and it's gone up about 2 beats per minute a day since Sunday/Monday! I've been experiencing nausea/queasiness the last two days, which is also said to be an O symptom, but is totally new to me. Hubby took me to dinner last night and I got three bites into my steak before I had to quit. We went to Walmart after to get me soup and applesauce and I had to watch my feet and let him lead me because the sight of the food on the shelves was sickening! Yuck. Such a weird cycle. FX I'm not getting sick or something...
Me - 24, DH - 25
BFP May 2018
LittleOak

Postby MommaJenna4 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:26 pm

LittleOak- hope you're not getting sick!!

AFM my temp went wayyy up today!! I'm keeping all my croassables crossed it's a good thing!!
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2b9955/]My Ovulation Chart
Married 9 years
DD 9, DD 7, DS 5, DD 2.9

*I LOVE A TUBIE*
#tubefeedingawareness
MommaJenna4
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LittleOak » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:52 am

Jenna, your chart is looking good!! FX!

AFM, I'm experiencing something similar to you, I think. I seem to be 6dpo and yet I got a blazer opk today. I don't know what to make of it!
Me - 24, DH - 25
BFP May 2018
LittleOak

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups