February IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: February IUI

Postby Soshy01 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:35 pm

I'm 9 days post iui and dying to test. Anyone ever test prior to the 2 weeks and got the correct result?
Soshy01

Postby Emcbee » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:59 am

I didn’t test soshy but I would think it’s still too early. As well as maybe not yet picking up a positive, There’s a chance of false positives if you triggered with hcg.
Last cycle was my first IUI and first time I managed to hold out until period. Much less stress and angst as a result!

One follicle at 18mm today. Triggered with pregnyl in clinic and back tomorrow for IUI. Good luck all!
Emcbee

Postby Lyn17 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:32 am

Soshy- I would totally wait until missed period to test. Or at least 12-13dpo.

Hopefulmoms- I have always wanted to try acupuncture but it makes me a little nervous.

Prayingforredhead- my husband had 26 million this time. That’s the highest count he has ever had during our journey and his retrograde. So that’s good but the motility was 42%. Last time it was 83%

I start taking Endometrin (progesterone suppositories) on Saturday, 3 Times a day again.... yuck. But anything to Increase our chances of getting the little one or ones here
Last edited by Lyn17 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Lyn17 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:34 am

Emcbee- good luck with you IUI today :) we will be going through this TWW together.
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Soshy01 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:38 am

Thanks everyone for the advice, and good luck to everyone starting. This is our month!!! Baby Dust to us all.
Soshy01

Postby mayb_this_month » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:01 pm

I start my Gonal F injections tonight 75iu daily until I have a scan on Tuesday. I was on alt days last month so I'm hoping my follies react better this month.

Lyn17- I thought the progesterone suppositories were definitely the worst part of the whole cycle, YUK!!!

I've been going to acupuncture for awhile, I have to say I really enjoy it. Started it ever before my TTC journey, I find it really helps my mental health.
mayb_this_month

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:02 pm

Soshy- Hoping you get your BFP!! Just a few more days, it’s so hard to hold off from testing!

Emcbee- Hookng your IUI goes well tomorrow! Exciting’

Lyn- WOW! Huge improvement on your Hubbys count! That’s awesome, although I know motility wasn’t as good..the count has got to make you feel good!

I’m on CD4 and D2 of Femara, hot flashes started today ...but nothing else. Hoping it stays that way
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Lyn17 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:05 pm

I didn’t notice any hot flashes with femara. I just get really emotional with the injections. Glad I only do 2 or 3 shots because I would be a mess
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:56 pm

Lyn- I had hot flashes last month too, and today I’ve been super emotional ...my hubby says he thinks it’s a good sign..whatever that means! Lol
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Emcbee » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:35 pm

2 days post IUI and started back on my progesterone pessaries. Yuck. Hope everyone doing ok!
Emcbee

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Emcbee- I haven’t ever don’t the progesterone but have heard it’s no fun..but it will all be worth it to get your BFP...I know we all feel that way

Today I took the last of my Femara...my Follie U/S is Thursday ...I’m on the same day cycle as last month...so I’m thinking our IUI will be next Monday ...we shall see.
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby enigm8a » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:22 am

IUI tomorrow at 7:45am. I'm excited and nervous. This cycle they had me on clomid and ovidril (which I took lastnight). Not sure why I wait till tomorrow...one good follicle at 21.5...

do you all have post IUI rituals?
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:27 am

Enigm8a- thats a really nice size follie! My fingers are crossed for you!

I don’t have any rituals “yet” lol, as last month was our first cycle and I really didn’t know what to expect...this month I know the drill...have you read about eating pineapple core? Does anyone know if this really works or not?
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby enigm8a » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:24 am

Prayingforourredhead wrote:eating pineapple core

I'm super curious! what is that!

I'm very surprised I only had one follicle. I was told I might have multiple due to the clomid. I don't want multiples but I did want to increase the chances of having one baby. we shall see.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 am

Enigm8a- according to a few websites on fertility..Pineapples are loaded with an enzyme called Bromelain which is supposed to encourage implantation when ingested at the right time. Google pineapple and fertility. Supposedly you shouldn’t eat it before you ovulate but once you ovulate eating a slice or two of fresh pineapple with the core for a few days after supposedly helps. There are lots of women that claim it works...I just don’t know what to think?!
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IUI