Positive OPK but no temp spike? Pls help!

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Positive OPK but no temp spike? Pls help!

Postby pietje1983 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:52 am

Hi everyone,

This is my 4th cycle TTC but so far no luck. This is the first cycle that I started charting my BBT. I'm worried that I did not ovulate this month as my temp hasn't spiked yet despite a positive OPK on Monday morning (with a very strong line already on Sunday around noon - didn't take an OPK on Sunday evening unfortunately). Since I'm prone to sore breast a week or so before my period but that has not happened for the past cycles except one, I'm worried that my body does not enter the luteal phase at all. Anyone around here with similar charts/experience? I'd very much welcome some thoughts!

Thanks everyone!
Attachments
Kindara 1.jpg
Kindara 1.jpg (53.16 KiB) Viewed 811 times
pietje1983

Re: Positive OPK but no temp spike? Pls help!

Postby Danaa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:58 am

According to your temperature you have not Ovulated yet.A positive opk only means a surge in ur lh it doesn’t confirm ovulation,sometimes our body gear up to ovulate and we get a positive opk but we don’t actually ovulate that time,it can happen later .Keep BD and taking opks.
For the bbt to be accurate you must take ur temp at the same time every day and for the opk to be considered positive the test line has to be darker or as dark as the control line,adding this just in case.
Update when you can.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pietje1983 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:02 am

Thanks Danaa, I took another OPK on Monday evening which came out negative. My cycles are fairly short, between 24 - 27 days so would really expect it to happen after the positive OPK and not another time this cycle... :(
pietje1983

Postby Danaa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:04 am

I know is frustrating but keep up with the bbt and see how does your first chart look like!!Charting will help you gather information about your body!Like I said keep BD and taking opks and if you need more help I will be here!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby RoloCat » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:26 pm

keep taking opks until you have a sustained temp rise indicating O. Sometimes it takes several tries for your body to ovulate. That actually happens to quite a few women, and isn't anything to worry about. Don't freak out. The chart is only data, and it won't really tell you anything until your cycle is over (or you get a BFP). Try not to stress about it either, as stress can really mess with your cycle (I had a regular 30-32d cycle prior to TTC, but while TTC, it ranged anywhere from 25-35d--I stressed quite a bit. LOL). You'll also likely need to chart at least 3-4 cycles before becoming worried about your cycle--you can always have an off cycle, and murphy's law dictates that it would be that cycle that you chart first. I wouldn't worry about an anovulatory cycle yet...

There are a lot of variables in each cycle. Try to relax. Our bodies know what they need to do, and they will do it in their own time. When it comes to TTC, we're just along for the rollercoaster emotional ride. Hang in there!
me: 41yo
DH: 42yo
married 11yrs, together 16 and just decided to start trying...

TTC#1 cycle 3:
6/10/14 CD1
6/29/14 CD20 ovulation
7/7/14 (8dpo) BFP
7/9/14 (10dpo) beta#1 hcg: 34.5 progesterone 20.8
7/11/14 (12dpo) beta#2 hcg 139
7/30/14 early u/s 6w5d HB 121
8/12/14 u/s 8w2d HB 175
9/11/12: It's a BOY!
10/29/14: 19wk ultrasound
11/26/14: 23wk ultrasound
12/23/14: 27wk ultrasound
12/31/14: gestational diabetes. Yuck.

3/6/15: Welcome to the world, Thomas Joseph "TJ" Roland (2 weeks early)
7:56pm
6lb 15oz
18in
RoloCat
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pietje1983 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:13 pm

Thanks everyone!
My temp spiked today. I did take another OPK yesterday but it came out stark white, so there was no second LH-surge. Going by the research that shows that ovulation occurs within 36 hours after LH-peak, I guess I ovulated on Tuesday morning at the latest. I guess that my body just took a little longer to pick up on the progesterone after I ovulated. Really hoping that that's the case as Monday was our last day of BD - Tuesday I didn't think it was necessary anymore since I figured my OPK was positive on Sunday evening and yesterday I was so damn tired that I fell asleep before we could DTD... :roll: Ah well... Prayin'g for the best.
pietje1983

Return to Ovulation