Feb. 2018 cycle buddies!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Feb. 2018 cycle buddies!

Postby LittleLisette » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:39 pm

Vault, you're not out until the witch shows! Since this was your first cycle on Clomid, did you take 50mg? Maybe your LP will be longer with a higher dosage? I hope you did O! Even if you don't conceive this cycle, that's a huge and wonderful step!!

I am happy to report that my opks have finally turned negative and my O pains are gone! Fully expecting a temp rise tomorrow. 1dpo and my nipples are already starting to become sore. Yikes. This is going to be a long wait...
LittleLisette

Postby kayy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:46 pm

Vault - Technophobe, lol. I am learning so many words from you! I am the opposite/ absolutely glued to my keyboard.. don't know how to avoid hand cramps or getting my thoughts down quickly enough!

Thanks for going over your experience with the follicle u/s. I actually ended up Googling cheesecloth too, because I had no idea what that was, hahha

Lol at your OH dream! My DH has such scary dreams where he's always being chased. I attribute it to him playing violent video games all the time >_< But keeping fingers crossed everything is alright with your OH's stomach!

Side note- Right after the part you mentioned tea is life, I read the rest of your post in a British accent, lol :D

I feel like I go through such a vicious cycle throughout the 2ww.. where I start out super hopeful, symptom spotting like cray, then fall into doubt and and fear/dread of disappointment, then a surge of hope again as I test WAY too early bc well, just maybe? and then back down to disappointment mixed with 'i knew better than that!'.. until AF comes and it's almost a relief. I know I need to stop obsessing.. but can't help it!! Vault- I am feeling you right now girl.. I just don't feel PG.

LittleLisette- ooh snow!! I've only met a handful of Minnesotans in my life.. and they are all so super cute and insanely nice people!!

Thanks for the reassurance!! It means a lot! I know I have no room to talk, with you ladies having been through so many of these tough waiting cycles. Hopefully none of us will have to wait much longer!

Yes! F* that BMI chart! I love that, lol. And great idea about checking thyroid. Thats def on my list next time I go to PCP since I have a pretty strong family history of both hyper and hypo.

My next step is buying a thermometer for temping. I didn't see the point before, since it only indicates if you've already ovulated.. but now I want as clear a picture as possible about my cycle. Maybe it's not as regular as I may think. Any recs? I just know that you need to take it at the same time every morning, from resting state.. and to look for 1/100th degree. Are you using an app for tracking, Little?

Lol about having your DH hide your test strips!! Mine complains that I leave them ripped up and lying around all over the bathroom when I'm testing for ovulation lol. I'm surprised he hasn't hidden them from me! And wow, 14dpo is a looong wait! Such discipline!! My last LP was 15 days also. But I guarantee you I won't last 14 days with no test loll

Also, sore nipples?? You're going to have to elaborate! I get super sore boobs right before AF; have randomly had shooting pain in boobs to nipples; and have had itchy nipples. But I can't imagine what it feels like to have sore nipples!!
kayy
Friend

Postby LittleLisette » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:32 am

Okay you guys, I'm thinking yesterday was actually O day! My opks finally went negative last night and I had a TON of ewcm! Way more than I've ever had before! Then I had a temp spike this morning, so I'm convinced I was a day off in my prediction. All the twinges and chatter in my ovaries must just have been this egg getting ready to pop! <3

Vault, how are you feeling today?

Ariel, try to stay positive girl! You're not out until AF shows so this may still be your cycle! Fx!

And yes lol sore nipples! I don't really get sore bbs much, just the nipples. They get perpetually hard and extremely sensitive to where I feel like I have to cover them to protect them if the wind blows lol.

It's funny that you say I have discipline because I mentioned wanting to wait until at least 14dpo to test, when I also said I'll need DH to hide all my tests because I have no self control :rofl: .
My main incentive for wanting to wait to test is that I don't really want to know I'm pregnant before 4 weeks! It sounds a bit assumptive but that's just how my mind is working this cycle, ha! Can't help it! And of course getting excited to test and then seeing a negative can be devastating...so waiting until later will hopefully eliminate the chance of getting a false negative because it's too early :).

Right, well I'm off to yoga! You ladies have a good day! Can't wait to read your updates!
LittleLisette

Postby Vault101 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:53 am

Yeah, just 50mg this first time round. Though given I had every side effect going, I don't know either of us could cope with 100mg or higher haha! That said, I've read quite a few people getting less s/e on the higher dose than the low one, so who knows. My biggest fear is the clomid prompting migraines, loads of people say that's their main symptom on them. I felt a bit like one was coming on all cycle, it hasn't materialised yet though. My migraines are the WORST, like I lose two days and spend them in agony, throwing up every half hour, confused and dazed, it's just AWFUL. Two years back I had them for three months solid, in the middle of every cycle, so I feel mine are triggered by hormones. Really debilitating. Been clear of them for a year now - sometimes I go four, five years without one - and really, really don't want the clomid to bring them back :(

Haha kayy, I do like to stretch my vocabulary lol. I'm a writer - well, by that I mean I don't have a real job and I get paid a pittance to do other people's writing for them... Sometimes blogging, sometimes journalism, sometimes marketing. Like you I'm also glued to the keyboard 24/7 - so people think I'm really good with computers and are always asking me how to do stuff. I don't have a f'in clue lol, I can handle a word processor and social media and that's about it!!

Today I got the slight bb soreness, again no idea if I've poked them into feeling like that or if they were already like that. Cramping - or whatever it was - has eased a bit. Looking forward to a walk into town to swap my library books, the sun's shining here (a rare occurrence indeed). Just waiting for the witch to show really, she's surely on her way.

Lisette your O signs sound promising. FX and GL!!!

Kayy- interested to see how temping works for you. My OBGYN and the nurse both told us not to bother, that tracking would be enough to know. Obviously total b*ll*cks as here we are, not knowing. Might have to give temping a go myself - but tbh I dunno if I would remember to do it every day.
Me 31, DH 32
TTC #1 - 4.5 years and counting, never been PG
2017 - learned I don't ovulate (big surprise as regular 27/28 day cycle always)
2018 - finally starting Clomid!! :o
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Vault101 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:07 am

I cracked.

I tested.

BFN.

AF due tomorrow.

Currently cd27, anywhere between 0dpo-9dpo (7dpo, most likely).

Ah well...
No more testing for me until she's convincingly late - Sunday at least.
Me 31, DH 32
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby LittleLisette » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:37 am

Booo, sorry about the BFN :(. How are you feeling today?
LittleLisette

Postby Vault101 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:27 am

No sign of AF. CM watery in am, creamy in afternoon, no spotting. Sore bbs in sides esp right one. Went into absolute meltdown mode yesterday for hours for basically no bloody reason - wasn't even that disappointed about the test, I didn't think - maybe extreme PMS from the clomid. Feel pretty balanced and normal today though. Expecting her to show at any moment, just waiting for cycle to end so we can start this all over again. How are you today?
Me 31, DH 32
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby LittleLisette » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:45 am

I hope AF stays away!! My fingers are still crossed for you. It's so damn hard when PMS and early pregnancy symptoms are soo similar lol

I'm good-- 2dpo today so nothing exciting to report just yet! Still feeling positive, though.
LittleLisette

Postby Vault101 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:29 pm

Good, keep the positivity up, it's sure to help :D
Me 31, DH 32
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby kayy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:32 pm

:( about the BFN, Vault. But glad you are feeling more balanced today. Still no AF, so that's a good sign!!

I'm at 9dpo, and going to try to hold off testing.. but might cave in tmrw or next day. Started reading the BFP stories to try to stay positive and symptom spot some, lol.
kayy
Friend

Postby LittleLisette » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:35 pm

Kayy, eeeeeep, getting so close!! I'm jealous lol, the beginning of the wait is so boring! It feels like these are going to be the longest two weeks EVER :rofl: . Let's hear some of your symptom spotting!! What do you have going on?
LittleLisette

Postby Vault101 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:19 am

BFN again this morning, cd29, on a 10mIu/ml test so I trust the result. AF officially late. Rang for day 22 blood test results - but my doctor doesn't have them yet for some bizarre reason. Want to know progesterone result because right now I don't know if I O'd at all - at least if I knew I did, or didn't, I'd have a better idea how to approach the next cycle. Still could only be 9dpo or even less so can't rule myself out, but can't count myself in either.
Me 31, DH 32
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TeaPotts » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:57 am

How frustrating that your doctor doesn’t have the results yet! Also, I know all too well how it feels to be questioning whether or not O even happened. One thing that has helped me (but is a bit of a splurge, to be used sparingly) is the progesterone strips. They tell you if your progesterone is above 5-10, so you can get a clearer picture of whether or not you O’d. I paid about $35 for 7 strips on Amazon... May be helpful to put your mind at ease!
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby LorenCat » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:09 am

Hey Ladies!

I though I would finally stop lurking and chime in! It has been so great being able to read the stories of people in the same boat as me, so thank you for posting haha!

Just a bit of background on me:
we are working on baby #1 so all of this is a bit new to me. I O'd on Feb 25 so CD22. I have pretty long cycles (38days) so everything seems to drag on. But I am 12 dpo now so the wait is getting shorter. As for symptom spotting I haven't had much, dull crampiness and back ache since 5 DPO... the last few days the cramps have gotten a bit pinchy, but nothing to remarkable. Oh and for the last few days all I can think about is jumping DH's bones... poor guy can't keep up. But yeah, not huge symptoms so I feel like I might be out, but who knows. and stopping myself from testing has been SOOO hard haha.

But now that that whole intro is done (I feel like it might have interrupted the flow of convo) I am going to keep my fingers crossed so tight that AF stays away for everyone, and that we can all figure out the key to it all. haha.
LorenCat
Friend

Postby Vault101 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:05 am

Hmm might not be a bad idea, cheers for the tip
Me 31, DH 32
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups