TTC for 15 months and laparascopy

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

TTC for 15 months and laparascopy

Postby Ladybird89 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:47 am

Hi,
So I'm new here. I'm 29 years old and trying to conceive for almost 1,5 year now.
I've had all my hormones tests done and they came back fine, sugar fine. I have my periods every 35 - 40 days, so slightly irregular but the doctor said I shouldn't worry about it. On the last private scan some endometriosis was discovered and also a possibility of polycystic ovaries. I will have my NHS scan at some point this summer, hopefully as well as the the fallopian tubes x-ray to see if they are open. The doctor suggested doing laparoscopy as well to have a better look at my ovaries and to remove any endometriosis that's in the way of eggs. I'm really afraid of this surgery and I see it as the last resort. What are your opinions on it? Has anyone of you had it? Did it help?
My partner is 36, is currently on a medicine which affects his sperm count. He is going to stop taking it in a few months and we'll keep trying. His first semen test was fine, second one came suboptimal due to medicines he's taking, yet he is still fertile.
I think with issues from both sides, it's really difficult to conceive.
I'm getting more and more depressed every month... starting to think life is unfair and there is so many kids around so why is it so difficult to have one? Really need to talk to someone who's going through the same thing atm.
Ladybird89

Re: TTC for 15 months and laparascopy

Postby Danaa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:48 pm

Hey,I’m sorry to hear about the endo,if I were you I would go ahead with the lap now that you are young enough to not interfere with ur egg reserve.
I know of two women who had a successful pregnancy after they removed endo.
Good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LucyBrown » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:45 am

Hello, how are you doing? I hope you are doing well. Really sorry to hear about your endo. I believe you are young and can have a successful pregnancy. I have been through so much in my life. I had to go through three miscarriages. My partner and I are becoming parents again. We have chosen surrogacy for this purpose. I am so excited. Before this, we have had horrible experiences. But now we are registered at a very reputable clinic. They have helped us so much with everything. Choosing a trusted and verified clinic for surrogacy or infertility treatments is the most important part. Please do your research before selecting a clinic. Often people don't do their research and it causes a lot of problems later. I hope it works out for everyone. Infertility can be very painful. Sending my love and support.
LucyBrown

Postby Prayingforarainbow » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:58 am

Hi, did you have the lap done? I've had 2, having my third next week. I see it as a first step, I've been on lots of medication to make me ovulate, when none of was anyway good because my tubes were blocked.i was pregnant by cycle 2 after both previous laps. Good luck
Prayingforarainbow
Friend

Postby Ameliabrown » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:52 pm

Hey, hope you are fine. I am so sorry to hear about this. Please dont loose heart. Its a part of life. There are so many people who are facing even more worse condition. I am TTC for last 10 years. My DH gave up and suggested to adopt. I didnt agree and convinced him for surrogacy. We have registered ourselves for an event in London. A Ukrainian clinic named Biotexcom is coming there on 18 and 19 august. They will discuss their treatment plans along with giving a chance to sign contract with the clinic. Their head of English Department Anastasia is also coming. So there wont be any language barrier. I have searched about this clinic and found very positive reviews and very attractive success rate. I cant wait to attend this event.
Ameliabrown
Friend

Postby Lily21 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Hi there. I am so sorry to hear what happened. Infertility can be hard on a woman. My sister had been struggling through it too. She went for IVF first. But that did not work out for her. So she opted for surrogacy. And then after almost 9 months she had her baby boy through the surrogate mother. She is so happy now. I would advise everyone to look out for the bad clinics, because there are some which would not reply back. But surrogacy is a really good option. It gives you hope of having your own child. Bets of luck and my prayers are with you.
Lily21
Friend

Postby hannahdavid » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:02 am

Hey, I am sorry to hear about your condition. I know things get harder and harder. Just stay positive and stay strong. I am sure you will soon get pregnant. Just never lose hope. I am on the same boat and I can relate to you. I know it can get really hard! Just keep trying and visit an experienced doctor.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby martha j » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:09 am

Hey! Don't lose hope. you live in a modern world. there is nothing that can't be cured. all you have to do is stay strong. God forbid, even if you are infertile, don't be sad and disappointed. Everything is curable. nowadays there are many alternatives. I can share my story with you. It might be of help. I am infertile and I tried everything but nothing worked for me. finally, I made up my mind for surrogacy. but the real challenge was finding an appropriate clinic. this was very difficult. I came across many clinics that were a real waste of time. But finally, I found one that helped me in completing my family. I hope the best for you. Just don't lose hope and stay strong.
martha j
Friend

Postby natallia » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:46 am

I am so sorry for your loss. I have also been TTC for a very long time. then I decided to go for an alternative. For that, I chose a very appropriate clinic. I can't thank that enough for what they have done for me. I really hope that you also find the happiness of a complete family. Best of Luck! Stay strong and positive!
natallia
Friend

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:45 am

Firstly, i'm sorry you're facing this. My case differs. it's endo & pcos, apart from my being 40 yrs old :roll: We all know the success rates drop eventually the older you get..so no need to tell more. The thing I experienced with lapo. i did two with a half year break. In my case none brought us results. I mean no actual improvement to the whole situation. Well, one of my tubes got unblocked but that was not enough. dr adviced doing one more to open my left one. Unfortunately all in vain. In the course of treatments they had to remove my left ovary which became another obstacle. :doh: I do read here and there lapos help ladies. But I suppose their cases are milder. so they can count on this very option.
I truly hope you should give it a try. As far as your dr feels well about it - do it, 'cause he must know better. All the best of luck :babydustb:
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:59 am

martha j wrote:Hey! Don't lose hope. you live in a modern world. there is nothing that can't be cured. all you have to do is stay strong. God forbid, even if you are infertile, don't be sad and disappointed. Everything is curable. nowadays there are many alternatives. I can share my story with you. It might be of help. I am infertile and I tried everything but nothing worked for me. finally, I made up my mind for surrogacy. but the real challenge was finding an appropriate clinic. this was very difficult. I came across many clinics that were a real waste of time. But finally, I found one that helped me in completing my family. I hope the best for you. Just don't lose hope and stay strong.

I'd rather say, surrogacy is a challenge by all means. 'cause there are lots of things you have to be well informed on. Starting from the country on your list and up to the clinic. One should be aware of the law a country has for surrogacy (In case it's already not banned there). I know for sure that in some states in the US a surro is considered to be the legal mother of the baby. Then you'll have to go to the court to adopt your kid. Or the cases when a surro changes her mind and doesn't want to pas you the baby any more..Which is an absolute tragedy..In the UK you'll have to deal with the Parental Order and only altruistic surrogacy is allowed here. One should study the surrogacy law map well to avoid the possible troubles in future.
Here's the list which might be useful for those considering any clinic for surrogacy. ~
How long has the program been in operation? Does the program maintain a referral listing of previous client couples? Does the program recruit its own surrogates? Through what means? Will they work with a surrogate recruited by the couple themselves? How are surrogates expenses handled? Is there a cap on these expenses? Does the program offer medical screening of the surrogate? To what extent? Who does the screening? Does medical screening include an AIDS test of surrogate and her partner? What are the costs of surrogacy (gestational or donor)? What is the fee payment structure? What are the financial obligations incurred by the couple? What is the payment schedule? How long are the surrogate’s medical records kept? Does the program offer psychological screening and counseling to all parties? To what extent? Does the program offer on-site medical services (insemination or IVF) or do they work with local physicians and hospitals? How many babies have been born through the agency/clinic’s surrogacy programs? To what extent is contact between the surrogate and the couple encouraged? (By letter, meeting face-to-face, on-going?) Can the couple be present at the birth? What type of legal counsel is offered to the surrogate and the couple? Does this include the drawing up of contracts? Does the program offer adoption finalization services? What are the fees for informational meetings or interviews? What are the financial obligations incurred by the couple? What is the payment schedule? If the surrogate does not get pregnant over a certain number of cycles, what is the clinic's policy regarding refund of fees paid? In the event that the contract is not honored, what are the financial obligations for the couple? In the event that the surrogate has a pregnancy loss, what are the financial obligations for the couple? Does the program have a Medical Registry for updating the medical history of the surrogates or the children? Does the program have a registry for the surrogate and children to exchange information when the child reaches maturity?
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to General TTC Stuff