IUI - September 2018

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

IUI - September 2018

Postby madmarmar » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:02 am

Starting the September thread...

I will be doing IUI #3 around September 24. Follicle check ultrasound scheduled for 9/21. Doing clomid, ovidrel, and husband has been taking count, morphology, & other supplements. I think I'm also going to do acupuncture this cycle. Good luck to all you September IUI's and I hope I hear from you!
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: IUI - September 2018

Postby BebeCK » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:36 pm

Hello!
I've been reading the August IUI posts as I was going into my first IUI and now that I'm officially an IUIer I'd love to join a group!
Sorry for the repeat post :)

I'm on "2019 baby hope buddy group" but after 12 cycles of TTC on our own, we just did our first IUI so it would be nice to share with ladies in the same situation. A bit about us: Me almost 36 and DH 33, we got married last year and started right away. We've done all fertility checks and we are unexplained :(
I did Clomid days 3-7, then trigger last Friday night and IUI on Sunday morning. I feel so optimistic because we are trying something new! I'm 4 dpiui and the tww is always so hard for me, I think this one will be even harder with my hopes so high up!
My blood test is on 9/21 so 8 days to go...
Good luck everyone!
TTC since Oct 2017, no bfp
Sept 2018: Clomid + IUI #1
BebeCK
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby madmarmar » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:57 pm

Hi bebeck! So you are maybe 7 dpiui now? Good luck! How did your procedure go? How’s the TWW going? Any symptoms?

I’m on cycle day 6 right now. Tomorrow is my last day of clomid, and Friday I go in for a follicle check ultrasound. Clomid side effects hit me really hard, and i’m In the throws of some really bad mood swings today. I’m trying to keep to myself so I don’t lash out at my family for dumb stuff. I also get night sweats when i’m On this stuff, which is also lame.

It’s funny how the follicular phase two weeks seems to breeze by (for me at least), and then when i’m In the TWW it is agonizingly slow!!!!!

Have a great week all who read this :)!
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BebeCK » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:36 pm

Hi Madmarmar! Yes I'm 7 dpiui and I totally agree with you the tww is so hard. It goes by very slow and I hate it :) this Sunday felt very much like waiting. I did some shopping to distract myself. No symptoms so far. Now I just have to wait until Friday. I hope it goes by faster!
The iui was very quick and I didn't feel anything.

How many IUI have you done? I hope the side effects go away for you and you get nice follicles. FX!
BebeCK
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby madmarmar » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:29 pm

this will be IUI #3, but my 4th cycle using clomid. This is also my first back-to-back cycle, the 4 ones before i took a cycle off in between.

I had a really nice & big follicle last IUI, and my lining looked good and husbands SA looked great, so i had high hopes. Let's hope number 3 is the magic IUI!
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Kazam2817 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:18 am

This is my first time IUI after 3 years TTC baby #1. I ovulated on 5/6 Sept, was inseminated on the 5th. I normally have 31 day cycles and AF is due on friday. Today I am 13dpiui and still stark white tests. Anyone ever had this and gone on to get BFP?

Am interested in hearing all you guys stories, baby dust to all xx
Kazam2817

Postby madmarmar » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:10 am

Welcome Kazam and good luck & baby dust to you! Negatives at 13dpiui are a possibility, implantation can take as long as 12 dpo and then it's a couple more days until the HCG is detectable in a pregnancy test. Did you take any medication this cycle (clomid, femara, ovidrel, etc?) Please keep us updated on how things go!

I think (hope) my clomid mood swings are done. Last night was my last dose! IUI#3 can't come quick enough!

This is my 65th cycle TTC (oh geez). We've been on-off legitimately trying during that time, but most of those years were spent tracking everything and hoping for the best. The current plan is to do up to 6 IUI's (which my insurance covers). If that does not work, IVF 2019.
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BebeCK » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:29 pm

Hi everyone!
Kazam: how long is your typical luteal phase? That's usually very constant.yours is maybe longer since your cycle is 31days. In any case no AF yet is good! FX!
How are you handling the tww?
Madmarmar: that's a lot of cycles! I hope this next IUI is all you need. Did you get a diagnosis or are you unexplained? I find being unexplained myself very frustrating but oh well...
I'm having a tough day today with the tww. So much hope building up and so much fear of disappointment at the same time. Even though I've gone through it before I can't seem to get used to it. We also plan to move to IVF in 2019 if no luck with IUI these next few months but we might only try 3 or 4 cycles. I feel like the odds are too low...
BebeCK
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby madmarmar » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:57 am

BebeCK wrote:Hi everyone!
Kazam: how long is your typical luteal phase? That's usually very constant.yours is maybe longer since your cycle is 31days. In any case no AF yet is good! FX!
How are you handling the tww?
Madmarmar: that's a lot of cycles! I hope this next IUI is all you need. Did you get a diagnosis or are you unexplained? I find being unexplained myself very frustrating but oh well...
I'm having a tough day today with the tww. So much hope building up and so much fear of disappointment at the same time. Even though I've gone through it before I can't seem to get used to it. We also plan to move to IVF in 2019 if no luck with IUI these next few months but we might only try 3 or 4 cycles. I feel like the odds are too low...

BebeCK i agree that's a lot of cycles! LOL. Diagnosis is unexplained infertility. Which is frustrating, yes! TTCing for so long has been a rollercoaster ride, especially with so many of my friends having babies over the years. I go through periods of being really optimistic and others where I'm super negative, and the rest of the time i'm somewhere in between.

Today is cycle day 9. Starting to feel some bloating around my ovary areas, hopefully this means I'm making lots of big healthy follicles/eggs! Going to the pharmacy to pick up my ovidrel shot today.
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to IUI