Around About How Much does an RE cost?

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: JessM, flipflop1117, unaffected, maddy, GreekMythFreak

Around About How Much does an RE cost?

Postby lovebabytime » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:14 am

Hi Ladies. Well it looks like I am finishing up cycle #17. I starting TTCing in July 2010, with the hopes of having a 2011 baby, now I am just holding on that I can get PREGNANT in 2011. blah.. I have gone to my ob\gyn she did a FSH test and thyroid test all which came back in normal range. She ordered an SA for DH, which is our next step. I have had much concern about my short LP, but she did not seem concerned. I wanted a progesterone test. Anyhow, me and DH had our DD in October of 2007, and did get pregnant in Jan of 2011, but it was sadly a chemical. Well that was FOREVER ago!! Just wanted to give you ladies a little history first. But my real question is how much do REs cost? Of course insurance does not cover it. Do they work well with cash discounts? Or not really care, cause they know you want it so badly. I just don't wanna keep wasting time. =( Thanks for all replies.
Me: 34 DH: 36
Together since 1997, Married in July 2003
DD born 10/23/07
TTC#2 since July 2010
My Ovulation Chart
lovebabytime
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Has liked: 0 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby socialite_baby » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:14 pm

Ours doesn't do cash discounts, but I don't think they're super expensive to begin with. Our initial consult we had to pay $150 in person and then were billed $260 even though all we did was talk (I have my diagnosis). Each IUI has cost us about $350, but that's only with Clomid.

We plan on switching REs before IVF and the consult for that is $416, but includes an ultrasound. Each blood test for pre IVF testing costs anywhere from $20-$75 each, that's with a cash and no insurance coverage discount from a separate lab. The IVF itself is going to cost us $8500 not including meds which generally costs anywhere from $2,000-$5,000. That RE was ranked #10 in the nation by conceive magazine though and with his success rates it's totally worth it to me!
Lindsay (Mild Endo, Hypothyroid, implantation failure)
Ryan (Plenty of fast/forward swimming sperm)
TTC #1 for 4.5 years...

April - November 2011 - 7 Rounds of 50 mg Clomid, 3 IUIs. All BFN.
December 2011 - Diagnosed hypothyroid.
February - March, June 2012 - 3 Rounds 5 mg Femara. BFN.
April 2012 - "Immune Protocol" Follistim IUI. BFN.
May 2012 - Diagnosed activated natural killer cells and told we'll NEVER conceive naturally...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/gigiharlow
*RIP Baby Taylor - 12/8/09 - 12/12/09*
socialite_baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Has liked: 0 times
Been liked: 0 times

Return to TTC Over 12 Months