TTC for 11.5 months

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: maddy, GreekMythFreak, JessM, flipflop1117, unaffected

TTC for 11.5 months

Postby Jessica0905 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:11 pm

My DH and I are trying for #2. I made the mistake of getting on the Depo shot after having my daughter. Ended up gaining 50-60lbs the nine months I was on the shot. Depo completely stopped my period(which was already irregular) and haven't gotten it back after stopping Depo in almost 2 years. Has anyone gone through this? We are really anxious to have our next baby since our daughter is already 2 1/2..

Please reply if you have any advice.
I know I'm most likely going to have to lose weight in order to get pregnant, since i gained the weight so fast. My Dr said that is a huge shock to my system and he's almost positive that if I lose weight my period will come back and i'll become pregnant. Its just soo hard to lose weight for me. It's so hard for me to stick with a strict diet.

Thanks Jess--
Jessica0905
Friend

Has liked: 0 times
Been liked: 0 times

Postby Hear Me Calling » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:34 pm

I had my son in Nov '08. A total miracle after 18months of trying with 2 m/c's. Then I did the most stupidest thing and listened to my OB and took 1 shot of Depo in April '09 (he was 4months old). Well in July, I didnt go back for the 2nd dose and decided that we wanted to start trying for #2. I didnt get my period back til January. And then we finally got pregnant in August '10, but lost that one at 12wks (blighted ovum discovered at u/s) and so we waited til December to try again. We actually got pg within 2 cycles, but lost that one again in Feb '11 at 5wks. And nothing since we started trying again in May. This sucks!! I know I had a hard time with my son, but it was nothing compared to the past 2yrs... Depo sucks!
Sarah-29 Moises-26 Samuel-3.5 Baby EDD- 10.21.12

Hear Me Calling
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Has liked: 0 times

Postby goobermom » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:49 pm

Sorry about the troubles with depo/your cycles. I have had the best luck losing weight on weight watches, because I can still have what I want, just in moderation/balanced with other healthy foods.
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Clomid/IUI x3; Follistim/IUI x3
natural BFP- M/C :(
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
Letrozole, TI, progesterone, estrace- BFN (x4)
High FSH, RE recommending donor egg
End of our TTC journey???
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Has liked: 1 time

Return to TTC Over 12 Months