Yet another 2 week wait... anyone else?

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: JessM, flipflop1117, unaffected, maddy, GreekMythFreak

Yet another 2 week wait... anyone else?

Postby wannababy2011 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:37 am

After 2+ years of TTC #1 every month AF shows seems to get harder. AF is due Dec 10 which makes me 2dpo today. Got 12 more days to kill. Two weeks has never felt so long. I don't feel like I fit on the TWW board cuz it's been so long trying. I find I get a little angry at women who get their BFP after a matter of months. I also don't get over excited by any sxs and simply wait out my 2 weeks to see if AF shows. No early testing for me.

I'm praying hard this month for my BFP. It would be so nice to be able to be pg at Christmas this year instead of wondering if next year will still be childless.

Protocol this month was 150mg Serophene, u/s monitoring, HCG trigger and timed bd. Doc said I had 3 great follicles. I'm also only 2 months past my lap & dye test. Hoping that maybe all that adds up to some good news.

Thanks for listening ladies. Anyone else out there waiting as well?
Me (Danielle) 30- ovulatory factor
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009
7 cycles of Clomid all BFN
2 hysteroscopic surgeries & multiple tests

Currently: on 3rd (& last) round of Femara
wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Has liked: 0 times
Been liked: 0 times

Postby greytsharonly » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:58 pm

I'm having my IUI Tuesday morning so I am a few days behind you. But I need someone to help me through the ttw. I feel the same way as you except I think every little thing is a symptom. This is cycle 19 of ttc and you'd think I'd be over that by now. 19 cycles of AF showing without a doubt should really teach me something. But no. Every cycle I have this great hope that this is it. So frustrating!
Me (sharon): 37 the worst- high FSH
DH (marc): 39 lots of sperm but low volume

TTC #1 for 21 cycles
FSH 19.9, everything else fine
-doing acupuncture weekly since July 2011
-Taking powdered wheatgrass, 50mg B-6, a mega multi-vitamin and fish oil (along with some TCM herbs).
-Also cut back on caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and white flour. Pretty much my entire diet before I started this.

7/2011 Clomid and lots of bding- BFN
11/11/11 IUI with Clomid #1- BFN super sad.
11/29/11 IUI with Clomid #2- BFN not fair!
12/2011- natural cycle- BFN very frustrated and angry.
greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby indygirl297 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:00 pm

I too get a little angry when other ladies get their bfp after only a few months of trying. Not saying I am not happy for them, but I can't help how I feel. I am in the 2ww also, and starting a new job (which is helping to take my mind off of it) we did our IUI on Thanksgiving morning. Anyways, keeping fingers crossed we can get the most wonderful Christmas presents this year...BFPs!!!
Me (Tiffany):28 DH(Jon): 32 TTC #1 going on 11 years. DH has SevereMF. I have severe Insulin Resistance, metformin 2000mg/day to keep that in check. Also have ovulation issues
Aug 07: Lap, hysteroscopy, cystoscopy, and HSG
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI#3 clomid/donor sperm BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN
IUI #6 50mg clomid, IUI 12/26/2011 BFN
IUI #7 50mg clomid, 10K pregnyl trigger, IUI 5/26/12 BFN
IUI#8 6/29, clomid, trigger, progesterone BFN
Currently Taking a break, persuing other options.

http://firstbabyorbust.blogspot.com
indygirl297
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wannababy2011 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:13 am

I think we should form out own little buddy group. I need support from people who've been TTC for some time.

I'm thinking we'll move on to IUI soon. IUI will be a little more difficult for us as we live 2.5 hrs away from our fertility clinic. It hasn't been much of an issue for me cuz I don't work but my DH does. I guess he'd have to take a day or 2 off work.

This is my first month TTC again after a 3 month break for tests and surgery. Right now I'm attributing every little symptom to my hcg trigger. Lol. Makes me feel better I suppose.

Are either of you on meds?

indygirl- I feel the same. Not saying I'm not happy for those that get their BFP. I think it's more jealousy than anger. Good luck with the new job. Distractions are great!

greytsharonly- Good luck with your IUI. You'll have to let me know if it's uncomfortable. I'm a little anxious about that. I think it's normal to still be hopeful during every cycle. My first 18-20 months were full of hope. Every little thing was a symptom.
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mae41083 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:50 am

Hi Ladies :hi: I hope y'all don't mind if I join y'all.

We have been trying for 14 months, but this is cycle 18. I just had my HSG done on November 23rd and everything was all clear. We are awaiting our SA results, however I'm pretty sure DH isn't the problem as he has a son from a previous marriage. Doc said that if HSG was all clear that he was going to refer me to an RE and most likely IUI's would be our next step. I have gone back and forth on TTC...I just don't know if I can do it anymore. I have those feelings, yet I have prayed to let these feelings go but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Anyway, I find myself getting angry when I see someone who has tried for 2 months and BAM...BFP! Not only angry, but defeated. Mostly defeated.

Good Luck to you all and I hope this is all of our cycles!
Me (Meaghan)-29
DH-31 (S/A: perfectly normal)
SS-8
TTC #1 since Sept 2010
11/23: HSG-All clear
4/12: 1st RE appt.
Feb. cycle: 50 mg Clomid, Prenatals, B6, B12, L-Arginine, and Preseed=BFN
March cycle: Au naturale=BFN
April cycle: 50 mg Clomid, Prenatal, B6, B12, and Preseed=BFP on 4/17/12@10 DPO!!!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Mae41083
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby greytsharonly » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:06 pm

I think those of us trying for more than a year can safely say that we get pissed when someone gets a bfp on their first try. Especially when we are having timed bds and or other treatments like IUI. I mean, come on, why isn't it happening for us! I alternate between sadness, frustration and anger.

IUI is easy and doesn't really hurt. I feel a little bloated and what feels like a gas bubble feeling. Other than that, you can't even tell the catheter is going in. That is, as long as your uterus is open and ready, which it should be if you are ovulating.
I am trying two clomid and iuis without much monitoring and if I don't fall pregnant this cycle, then they will add in ultrasounds (which are costly).

I look forward to chatting with you all in the long and painful ttw.

TTC #1 for 21 cycles
-Taking powdered wheatgrass, 50mg B-6, a mega multi-vitamin and fish oil (along with some TCM herbs).
-Also cut back on caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and white flour. Pretty much my entire diet before I started this.

greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:27 pm

Welcome Mae! Come join us in our quest.

Today marks 4dpo for me. I'm feeling incredibly nauseated at the moment and am heading to bed very soon. Thought I'd write to you ladies first tho. I'm still attributing all these "discomforts" to side effects of the hcg trigger. I'm also trying to stay positive about this cycle. Like if I keep telling my body that this is the month I'm supposed to get pregnant maybe it will just happen that way. Sounds kind of stupid but the power of positive thought is supposed to work for some things and I'll try just about anything at this point.

This is my 5th round of clomid but the first time being monitored with blood & u/s. It was a bit of a job since like I said we're a little ways from the clinic. It works out tho cuz my mom lives near the clinic so I usually just stay with her if I can. I felt like a lab rat more than usual this month with all the scans and blood but it's all worth it if in the end I get what I want.

A small get to know your situation survey for everyone. Please copy and complete. Add anything else you'd like us to know about you.

Months TTC: 27 (minus a 3 month break)
TTC Baby #: 1
Any losses/chemical? No. Never ever been pregnant :(
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mae41083 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:50 pm

Exactly grey! Why can't it just happen for us? It just makes me so sad. I know God put the dream of having a child in my heart. I just don;t understand why it can't come to fruition. I understand that it might not be the perfect timing in God's plan right now, but I don't understand why I can't quit obsessing over it when I have prayed about it?

Good luck with your IUI! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!

Wanna-Thank you for the welcoming! I'm so sorry you are feeling nauseous. I absolutely HATE that feeling...I almost think that throwing up would be so much better. I hope you feel better soon...unless you are pregnant, of course :wink: I don't think it is stupid at all that you are thinking positively...sometimes that is the only thing that gets me thru this whole TTC rollercoaster. I just got finished talking to my belly...begging the embie to stick and promising I would take good care of it...Now, that is a whole new kind of crazy-I'm only 2 DPO and don't have much hope this month as we could only BD ONE WHOLE TIME! DH injured his back. I got EWCM on Friday and we BD'd, but I didn't ovulate until Sunday. So yeah, my chances aren't great this cycle but I know that it only takes one sperm and one egg and I know God is good...so we will see.

Months TTC: 14
Any losses/chemical? Nope. I have never seen those two elusive lines..but all of my friends have :(
Me (Meaghan)-29
SS-8
TTC #1 since Sept 2010
April cycle: 50 mg Clomid, Prenatal, B6, B12, and Preseed=BFP on 4/17/12@10 DPO!!!

Mae41083
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby indygirl297 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:35 pm

I would love to form a buddy group. I agree, sometimes pissed is the right word, sometimes defeat is the right word.

wanna: I'm sorry your so far away from your RE, we used to be about 45 minutes away when we were in Montana, then 45 minutes here, but I found an AMAZING re here in town so now its only 1o minutes and the best part is DH works right across the street.
This re is the first one who hasn't had to use the teneculum. I felt the IUI his PA did last month, but this month I didn't feel a thing! The worst part was putting the dang speculum in!!! It was great, and how nice of him to come in on thanksgiving! He won't do clomid, even though I asked based on having annovulatory cycles, but he said he wanted to wait till I didn't ovulate again, because going on clomid when you do ovulate actually can decrease your chance of becoming pregnant (I had never heard this before)
On another note today marks 5 dpiui, and I am very crampy tonight. I don't know, but I just don't think it worked, ask me tomorrow and I will say I think it did lol. All of DH family is very supportive this month, last month my MIL wouldn't be positive at all, this month she says she just feels this is the month.

Mae: lots of ladies get their BFP after an HSG. Fingers crossed for you!!!
Grey: Heres to wishing you don't have to add ultrasounds!!!

TTC: 10 YEARS (minus a few months here or there for surgeries)
Any losses/chemicals? 1 for sure chemical/1 more possible chemical
Me (Tiffany):28 DH(Jon): 32 TTC #1 going on 11 years. DH has SevereMF. I have severe Insulin Resistance, metformin 2000mg/day to keep that in check. Also have ovulation issues
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wannababy2011 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:37 am

indygirl & mae: You both have nailed my sentiments exactly. It's been especially hard this year as I now have about 12 high school friends who are all pregnant or have had babies this year. Not so fun to watch on facebook when you've struggled for so long.

indygirl: Looks like we're about the same point in our cycles. I however don't ovulate on my own so Clomid is a miracle for me. So convenient that your RE is close.

grey: I'm glad to hear that the IUI went well. Are you now officially in the tww?

mae: One time is all it takes! Keep hoping. I do the same thing during the TWW sometimes. I don't talk aloud to my stomach but I do internally try to send positive vibes.

AFM, I'm 5dpo today. Nausea/stomach upset has been an almost constant companion. This darn trigger is not so fun but maybe it did the trick. If it's pg nausea I will not begrudge it a moment!

I did some reading/research online last night about conception and have decided that I have a pretty good chance this month. I feel pretty lucky that there will be an egg on either side for the little swimmers to find. There is not wrong turn for them this month! 2 on the left and 1 on the right sound like great odds to me. I just wish I knew NOW if it worked or not. Lol, I have no patience when it comes to this.

Here's the page I was reading http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/studies.html
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby greytsharonly » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:19 pm

It's nice to have you all here. I go through moments thinking this is the month and then moments when I think, why would this month be it when I've never seen a bfp? And it's only 1dpiui!

Indy- do you know the reason your re said clomid decreases the chances? I ovulate on my own and my re gave me clomid and now I am wondering if he just gave it to me to try for a few months because he doesn't know what else to do for me (besides mention donor eggs). I have high fsh and I don't know if anything can help :cry: I have heard that clomid decreases uterine lining and cm and perhaps that would decrease chances. But with multiple eggs produced (I definitely had more than one) wouldn't that increase chances? It's all so confusing!

Months ttc: I count in cycles at lucky number 19
Ttc baby #1 (just one at least, pleeeeeease)
Losses: nope, never had the pleasure of a bfp

TTC #1 for 21 cycles

greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby indygirl297 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:55 pm

Grey: he is the only doc i have ever heard say that it can decrease the chance if you o on your own, I am with you I would think that it would produce more eggs, which gives the spermies more targets to hit, also it can help increase your progesterone so it didn't make sense to me. He just refused to put me on it until he saw a cycle that I didn't ov. So I wouldnt read too much into it!

Wanna: I really hope that your constant companion will stay with you for the next several months!!! And we are the same point in our cycles, I to am 5 dpo.

Grey: I think we have all had those moments even those during the IUI, that we think...this is it! The dreaded 2ww, its the worst mental hell anyone can go through! Glad to hear your IUI went well :)

As for me, nothing new. Metformin is causing me to have tummy cramps, but it always does so can't tell if thats anything to do with a possible BFP. I had a few waves of nausea today and some bloating, but I still just don't feel like its going to be this month. Anyways its nice to have 2ww companions!
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wannababy2011 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:12 pm

I agree. It's nice to have company from women who understand this difficult process. Having you all to talk to is definitely helping this time around. :)

Grey- I totally understand your sentiment. I'd like to think that this is it. This is MY month but then I think why would this time be any different than the last 2 years?
Clomid does affect your uterine lining and CM. That's generally why most docs will only keep you on it for 6 months at a time. I definitely noticed a difference in my period at the 3 & 4 month mark. I was only getting 3-4 days of bleeding at that point and it was light. I can't imagine my lining was great if it was sloughing off that quickly. After my 4th month was when I took a 3 month break and now I'm back at it again. While off the Clomid I was back to 5-7 days of bleeding.
As for CM, I noticed a decrease also. Again the longer I was on it the less I seemed to have. I haven't broken down and gotten any preseed yet but I'm thinking I'd like to for next cycle.

Indy- Funny how we appreciate the stupidest things when we think it could be for a baby. I'm DYING to find out if this month was the one.
I've also never heard that about Clomid. The way I understood is that if you already O on your own Clomid will produce a stronger or earlier O. Mind you I only rarely O on my own so I don't really know. I was getting 42-50 day cycles as well as anovulatory ones where I had to take provera to induce a period. I think my longest one in the last 2 years has been 127 days.

Mae- How are you doing?

Let's see if I've got this right. As of Nov 30:
Wannababy: 5dpo
Indygirl: 5dpo
Mae: 3dpo
Grey: 1dpo/dpiui
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mae41083 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:05 pm

Indy-Thank you so much!! Fingers crossed that your IUI worked!! Glad it didn't hurt this time. Hopefully, the cramping is your sign that your embie is settling in!

Grey-I totally understand. I am so afraid to get too hopeful because I am always heartbroken when I see and BFN or AF shows up. I really had a hard time this month. I almost didn't go in for my HSG because I am just so sick and tired of this! It is really affecting me and DH's sex life (sorry if TMI) and I just wish we could be normal again.

Wanna-yes, my DPO is correct. 4 DPO today. I'm really trying not to even think about it..my heart has been skipping beats and that is kind of hard to ignore. I know that isn't pregnancy related though...just annoying.

So, how is everybody doing/feeling?

AFM-4 DPO, so pretty boring over here...LOL. Not too much going on. I'm getting excited about going home for Christmas, though. I always enjoy spending time with the fam...even though they can REALLY get on my nerves!
Me (Meaghan)-29
SS-8
TTC #1 since Sept 2010

Mae41083
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wannababy2011 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Mae- Glad to see I got it right. :)

Do any of you think you'll test early?

AFM- 6dpo & this trigger is messing me up. Still feeling what I'm attributing to side effects. Bloated, crampy, upset tummy. I'd REALLY like to think that this is it. I keep putting my hand on my abdomen and silently telling that little egg to snuggle in. I know I may be setting myself up for disappointment but I can't help it. I guess I'm feeling a little more positive than I'd like to admit.

Praying for all of us that's it's OUR TIME!! :fingers crossed:
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess