Yet Another TWW Part 2 (Group thread)

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: maddy, GreekMythFreak, JessM, flipflop1117, unaffected

Yet Another TWW Part 2 (Group thread)

Postby wannababy2011 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:36 pm

Well ladies we've filled up another 6 pages. Look at how chatty we are!

Welcome to our newest member Kitcat. We hope you'll stick around.

So today makes 10dpo (I think). Boobs are sore so I know I'm definitely in my luteal phase. Woohoo for a natural cycle!! Also getting a lot of headaches but I think that's from stress. Buying a house is going to be the death of me.

I'm glad someone is excited for me to get AF, cuz I'm not. Thanks Sharon :lol2: I'm hoping that maybe just maybe this natural cycle will be the one but I doubt it. Going to be a great Valentines gift when she shows that morning.

How are you Tiffany? Any life news to report?
Me (Danielle) 30- ovulatory factor
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009
7 cycles of Clomid all BFN
2 hysteroscopic surgeries & multiple tests

Currently: on 3rd (& last) round of Femara
wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Has liked: 0 times
Been liked: 0 times

Postby greytsharonly » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:49 pm

So last night I finally managed to squeeze in a little IF conversation with my DH without him getting mad. I got to explain how low our chances were with high fsh, yada yada and he says "it's like when those people who adopt and then get pregnant. When we stop worrying, we'll get pregnant.". So I said YES, let's adopt an embryo and then maybe we'll get pregnant naturally. And although he said he didn't want a child that wasn't genetically linked, I did see some gears cranking in his head as if he is starting to consider it.

So hopefully a few more bfns and perhaps I will be with adopted embryo before I am 40!

Btw when I typed in bfns, my iPad automatically corrected it to bfps. What a nasty trick!
Me (sharon): 37 the worst- high FSH
DH (marc): 39 lots of sperm but low volume

TTC #1 for 21 cycles
FSH 19.9, everything else fine
-doing acupuncture weekly since July 2011
-Taking powdered wheatgrass, 50mg B-6, a mega multi-vitamin and fish oil (along with some TCM herbs).
-Also cut back on caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and white flour. Pretty much my entire diet before I started this.

7/2011 Clomid and lots of bding- BFN
11/11/11 IUI with Clomid #1- BFN super sad.
11/29/11 IUI with Clomid #2- BFN not fair!
12/2011- natural cycle- BFN very frustrated and angry.
greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kitcat1105 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:48 am

Hi!
I'm sticking around. Had a crazy week. Thanks for all the welcomes!
I don't have lots of time to type this am, but I wanted to fill out my info!
Name: Heather
TTC: #1 since Oct 2010
Never been pregnant
"unexplained infertility"
I will write more later this weekend. Thanks again for welcoming me to your group.
Me 35 DH 41 TTC since Oct 2010
"Unexplained Infertility"
1st IUI March 4th (50 mg. clomid) - BFN
2nd IUI end of April (50 mg. clomid) - BFN
3rd IUI end of May (50 mg. clomid) - BFN
4th IUI June 18 (50 mg clomid) - BFN
August IVF
ER Thurs 8/9!
5 DT Tuesday 8/14- Transfered 1 5 day blast, 3 potential frosties
Beta Fri Aug 24th -bfn
On a break I guess. Thinking about getting a lap done.

My Ovulation Chart
kitcat1105
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby greytsharonly » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:47 am

I just wanted to share my very weird dream. And Danielle, you were in it.

Somehow I ended up in this clinic and danielle was already there and had just gone through the procedure and told me about it. Since I've never met Danielle, I pictured her with blonde curly crazy hair and a British accent. Funny huh?

So the procedure was to take the sperm from a manta ray by sprinkling cinnamon in the water which made them shot it out into the water. Then they took the egg from a female manta ray and did IVF on surrogate women to carry the manta ray babies. So Danielle just got her manta ray embryo and I went in to get mine.

Then the rest of the dream was Danielle and I comparing pregnancy symptoms and me wondering how we were going to give birth to the manta rays. Would it have to be a c-section?

Anyways, it's rare that I remember a dream so vividly and I had to share it.

TTC #1 for 21 cycles
-Taking powdered wheatgrass, 50mg B-6, a mega multi-vitamin and fish oil (along with some TCM herbs).
-Also cut back on caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and white flour. Pretty much my entire diet before I started this.

greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:23 pm

LMAO!! Sharon you just made my night. That dream is absolutely hilarious. I do have curly hair although I don't know if I'd call if crazy curly. I used to be a bottle blonde although I'm now auburn. I don't know where the british accent came from tho. LOL. I would definitely wonder how we would manage to birth a manta ray. That would be interesting to say the least. I'm still giggling here :rofl:

Glad to see you return Heather. Sadly none of us here have ever been pregnant so we all understand you struggle. Feel free to vent or carry on as much as you want. We all have at some point. Are you taking any fertility meds at all? What have you tried so far? All of us here have tried Clomid without success unfortunately.

Hope all is well for you Tiffany. Come back and join us when you can.

AFM: Today is 13dpo. Just biding my time now until Big Red shows up. If I calculated correctly then that will be Tues morning. Just the normal pre-AF symptoms right now like mild cramps and slightly sore boobs. That's it, that's all. No false hope here. Still can't believe this cycle may turn out to be only 32 days!! I haven't had a cycle this short since I was on BCP. Hoping this is a sign my body is "normalizing."
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby kitcat1105 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi All,
Sorry if I get your names wrong at first. Danielle, I think it was you who asked if I tried any meds yet. I haven't tried anything yet. It's been slow for us this year. We finished all of our testing with an RE in the fall, but when it came time to figuring out what to do, we felt like we were being pushed to make a decision we weren't ready for. Then, my DH did some research and we found an RE that is highly rated and not far away...but with this came a two month wait for an appointment. We were all set to go with IUI this cycle, but my DH got a job promotion and had to travel the week of O. That was a great thing, but bad timing! We could have frozen the sample in advance but figured we waited this long, what's another month?!?!

Anyway, I have a prescription for clomid and a trigger shot waiting for me. Today is CD 18 I think. I have a pretty short cycle. I typically O on CD 13, and once or twice as early as CD 11. They are going to have me come in on CD 10 just in case.

I keep thinking something really strange. My mom actually used clomid to get pregnant with me. (I was first). She then went on to easily get pregnant with my 4 siblings. I wonder if there is any correlation between babies conceived with clomid and infertility where clomid did the trick?! Wouldn't that be crazy? My mom took clomid when it was a new drug. I think it just came on the market.

Anyway, I'm really trying to stay positive and stress free. In addition to the stresses of TTC, I've had a really stressful year at work, and I'm trying to let go of any stressors, but I'm a type-A personality and it's really hard.

I started doing some yoga for fertility, and I hurt my neck! That's how tightly wound I am!

A good friend of mine said something to me about God's timing. I'm not a religious person, but if I think about if I had gotten pregnant when I first started trying, I wouldn't have decided to go back to school to get my master's degree. That might sound weird, but maybe there is a plan? Now, I'm almost a year into the program and I feel like I could handle the demands and a child. I don't think I could have said that a couple of months ago. It makes me wonder how many people look back on their struggles ttc and say, "Yeah, it was supposed to happen like this or at this time."

What do you think?
August IVF
ER Thurs 8/9!
Beta Fri Aug 24th -bfn

My Ovulation Chart
kitcat1105
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby greytsharonly » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:24 pm

Kitcat, sorry but I forgot your real name. I get the waiting part and not wanting to jump into anything. With my high fsh, I don't really have a lot of options and my insurance doesn't cover IVF. I've done IUI twice with clomid but no success and my re says the chances for me are only 3-6% and with IVF only 25%. So it's really hard to make decisions when my outcomes are so bleak and so I keep putting off new treatments. And wasting the money with no baby is really hard. If the doctors could guarantee their services it'd be easier to invest the money...

If you have coverage, I would do three IUIs and then try IVF. But don't wait too long. I started ttc when I was 35 and felt like I had time. Now I am 37 and the clock is ticking. It gets scarier the closer you get to 40.

Danielle, let's just say you are pregnant. I dreamt it didn't I? Sure it wasn't a human but you were pregnant nonetheless :D My AF was actually two full days which is better from my one light day I had the two cycles before. So at least we all seem to be getting better in our cycles.

Afm, cycle day 6 and my DH will be out of town for my ovulation. Grrr. Just when my period was normal and I had a little hope. He doesn't leave until CD 13 and I usually o on CD15 so there is a chance but who am I kidding. With IUIs on o day and no preg, why have hope now?

TTC #1 for 21 cycles

greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby indygirl297 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:26 pm

Sorry I've been MIA, just been really busy. Anyways I'm about done with AF, she started spotting right on CD 30, which is exactly where I expected her. We are going to Boise in 2 weeks from this Friday, that Tuesday night we are meeting with an adoption agency. They are called A New Beginning. My mom is able to go with us to our first introduction class. We are going to start on that while we try a few more IUI's but I am still not ready to go through with anymore IUI's yet. I think another couple of months then I will be geared up. I started on my antidepressants again, so I am getting better.
New friends at work help to!
Welcome KitKat (sorry I fortgot your real name)
Sharon: That dream cracked me up!
Danielle: I hope your body is becoming normal. I didn't have any false hope this month either, I knew she was coming and being sick in bed for a few days I think helped just deal with it better. I was able to watch tv/movies and shut my bedroom door stay in my pjs and in bed all day (even ate ice cream in bed...don't tell hubby that though lol)

Anyways, hope you are all having a wonderful week!
Me (Tiffany):28 DH(Jon): 32 TTC #1 going on 11 years. DH has SevereMF. I have severe Insulin Resistance, metformin 2000mg/day to keep that in check. Also have ovulation issues
Aug 07: Lap, hysteroscopy, cystoscopy, and HSG
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI#3 clomid/donor sperm BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN
IUI #6 50mg clomid, IUI 12/26/2011 BFN
IUI #7 50mg clomid, 10K pregnyl trigger, IUI 5/26/12 BFN
IUI#8 6/29, clomid, trigger, progesterone BFN
Currently Taking a break, persuing other options.

http://firstbabyorbust.blogspot.com
indygirl297
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wannababy2011 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Welcome back Tiffany. Glad to see you're doing better. Ice cream in bed sounds awesome!

Heather: I'm hoping the same thing will happen to me with the whole pregnancy thing. I've definitely heard that about women too. I know that sometimes having a baby kinda resets your system and then it's easy to get pregnant after the first one. Lord knows it's taking long enough to get that first one tho!

Sharon: Not preggo with a manta ray or a baby. That's ok tho, I wasn't expecting to be pregnant anyways. Didn't get my hopes sky high this month like in the past.

AFM: I'm on cycle day 2 now. AF started right when I thought she would so I O'd on my own! on CD18! Can't believe it. I've never O'd that early before, ever. Maybe this is my body resetting itself finally. Guess we'll see what happens this month.
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby kitcat1105 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:30 pm

I think I need to go on a diet...why?
Well, I've gained a few pounds because I'm conflicted about exercise. I wonder if running is bad, but it makes me happy. I've also been eating poorly sometimes. So what's the big deal?
I noticed today that a couple people at work looked at me funny, like "Is she?" I'm sure people expect I would be by now (34 married almost 2 years). Sure, it could just be in my mind, but it's really annoying.
Does anyone else get blue like this from 8dpo on?
It's like clockwork for me. 7 dpo sore boobs and dull cramps for a full week before O. That's tolerable, but the sad, defeated attitude is so depressing.
Ps. I'm Heather and it's been nice getting to know you through following your posts.
August IVF
ER Thurs 8/9!
Beta Fri Aug 24th -bfn

My Ovulation Chart
kitcat1105
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby greytsharonly » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Tiffany, Heather, Danielle. I am so glad that you are all here.

It sucks so much that we get excited about ovulating and for me, actually using more than one tampon (I really don't want a heavy period but I know I need it). I don't want to be happy about something like that. I want to be happy about two lines when I poas!

The few days leading up to AF are always so incredibly hard. I constantly search the web for early pregnancy symptoms even though I know every symptom that any woman has ever experienced. I get so depressed and so emotional and I just so much want this all to be over and have my baby already. Even worse is the no sugar, no alcohol, no eating bad diet I've been trying to stick to. Lately though, I've been eating worse than before I started all this. And I've gained 8 pounds and my pants are tight. If anyone EVEN thinks I might be preg when I am not, I will sock them in the face. But yes, the end of the tww is pure torture.

I've been trying to read more fiction to get my mind off all this. Can anyone recommend a good girlie book, or good historical fiction? Maybe an infertility fiction book that will make me feel better?

TTC #1 for 21 cycles

greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kitcat1105 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:25 am

Sharon,
My PMS moods are so bad, I'm surprised I haven't socked someone in the face already. It's frustrating because my husband forgets how I get every month, and I'm constantly reminding him that I'm not always this crazy.

If you're into historical fiction, you might like The Paris Wife. It's about Ernest Hemingway's first wife and their adventures in Paris.
August IVF
ER Thurs 8/9!
Beta Fri Aug 24th -bfn

My Ovulation Chart
kitcat1105
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby greytsharonly » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:05 pm

Hey ladies! How you all been doing?

I am 7 dpo and my boobs just hurt a little. Usual symptom. This month we BDed two to three days before ovulation and then my DH went on a business trip. So really, there's not a lot of hope. But of course I am still hoping, you know?

I've been very depressed lately, feeling really sad about everything. I think ttc is either really starting to get to me or maybe I'm preg! Haha, just kidding. I think I am also sad because I tried to have the embryo adoption talk with DH (my only hope since i have high fsh) and he is only willing to think about it NEXT summer. I can't wait that long! I've been waiting two years already and my BFF who started ttc 8 months after me is already talking about ttc her 2nd! That will kill me if she becomes preg with number 2 before I even get number 1! So I think I am starting to freak out here.

Why can't it just happen! And how can my DH be so patient in all this? Oh I know why, HIS BIOLOGICAL CLOCK ISN'T TICKING!

TTC #1 for 21 cycles

greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Guess we've all been away for a bit. Sorry for my absence. We were in the process of moving into a new house. Stressful!!

Good news for me is that my cycle seems to be regulating itself. Last month I was 32 days and this month was 30. I'm currently day 1 of natural cycle #3. Surgery is in 3 weeks.

Hoping to hear some updates from the rest of you also.
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby kitcat1105 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:42 am

Hi Danielle,
Since I didn't see any recent posts, I've been over on the IUI forums. I'm just at the end of my first cycle of IUI. AF is about to start, so it didn't work. However, there is a reason why it didn't work other than the chances. I'm almost positive I O'd the day before IUI. When I went in for the follie check on CD 10 (I went early since my cycles are 26 days), my follie was already about 24 mm. So, I'm taking a month break because I can't miss potentially 3 days a cycle of work (plus I have a trip around O time). So, my next opportunity will be the end of April.

Fortunately, having short cycles means I don't have to wait so long.
I'm glad your cycle is regulating itself and congrats on your move! That is both stressful and exciting! We moved almost two years ago now into our first home!
August IVF
ER Thurs 8/9!
Beta Fri Aug 24th -bfn

My Ovulation Chart
kitcat1105
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Next

Return to TTC Over 12 Months