Pinching/twinges around ovaries 5 dpo

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: JessM, flipflop1117, unaffected, maddy, GreekMythFreak

Pinching/twinges around ovaries 5 dpo

Postby Kohaku » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi girls,

For the past couple days I have been experiencing little shooting pains in my lower abdomen, mostly on the sides around my ovaries, and I'd say mostly on the left side. I am now 5 dpo, POSSIBLY 6 but I'm pretty sure it's 5... this month I went by OPK, CM, and cervical position, but no temping.

Anyway it feels similar to ovulation pain but seems like it's happening kind of regularly. I've also been feeling gassy in my lower abdomen. I'm afraid to get my hopes up but I am so excited to finally be actively ttc that it's kind of hard (okay impossible) to contain my enthusiasm.

I'm just wondering if anyone else knows anything about sharp twinges/pinches during the 2ww, especially around the ovaries... does the fact that it's not in the center of my lower abdomen mean it's less likely that it's implantation related?

Thanks all :)

EDIT: Okay I am definitely feeling repeated sharp pinching/twinging pain in one area of my lower abdomen on the left side. It kind of pulses for a few seconds at a time but seems to be increasing in frequency/duration.
Me -- 30
DH -- 33
2 kitties and 1 pup -- all rescues!

Seven years and counting with the love of my life!

TTC our first since October 2012
One early loss in November 2012
Pregnant again March 14th, 2013!

Due November 24th, my nephew's birthday :)

Kohaku
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Pinching/twinges around ovaries 5 dpo

Postby JenJenG » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Oh my goodness Kohaku, I just read your post and you just described exactly what I experienced on Friday too (also 5dpo). My pains started roughly 7:30am but increased in number and duration by mid-afternoon and then went away by 8pm or so. They were sharp, stabbing pains in my right, lower abdomen. They usually only lasted a couple of seconds at a time, but they were frequent and very obvious (took my breath away a couple times). We are TTC #2 and I don't recall having had these pains with my son, but my friend says it sounds like implantation (she had similar pain the month she conceived her first child). I am trying really hard not to get my hopes up, but I am struggling. I read all about implantation pain that night, and there are so many women who describe pain exactly like what we are describing and said they had that the month they conceived, so needless-to-say, I have practically convinced myself that I must be pregnant this go around. Since we must be at exactly the same points in our cycles, I am wondering when you plan on testing. It has been a struggle for me not to cave and test today even though I know it would be too early to detect even if I was pregnant. I am so glad I noticed your post. Please keep me posted. I am dying to know if you are pregnant too.

Has anyone else ever noticed these pains around implantation time?
JenJenG
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Has liked: 0 times
Been liked: 0 times

Postby Kohaku » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi JenJen! So happy to read your reply and I am thinking good thoughts for you!! Today I'm 7 dpo, is that where you are in your cycle?

I have been watching for any sign of implantation bleeding but nothing so far... though yesterday I did notice I had a lot of creamy cm (TMI) in the afternoon and evening. I feel like I am just totally going crazy and reading way too much into all of this though. Oh also, yesterday I was in a HORRIBLE mood... poor DH. It was like mega crazy PMS. I've also been really sentimental and weepy today but that is kind of normal for me at this time of the month, haha.

So anyway I am hopeful but I'm also afraid to hope!! Oh and to answer your question, I MIGHT test today and probably will test tomorrow with FMU... if negative, I will try to wait til 11 or 12 dpo to test again.

I'm definitely NOT good at exercising restraint when it comes to this kind of thing..... if I had some wondfos right now I'd probably be testing every hour LOL.

Please keep me posted on how your'e feeling...
Me -- 30
DH -- 33

Kohaku
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kohaku » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Also want to add that I am sneezing a lot today. Seems like a sudden onset of hay fever. I know sneezing actually can be a pregnancy symptom... but this could also just be fall allergies. But I figure it's worth mentioning. :)
Me -- 30
DH -- 33

Kohaku
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby aquamoon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi ladies. I just wanted to tell you that I experienced a pretty constant tightness/twinge in my right ovary area...starting about 4 days post ovulation. I've felt twinges in my ovary before around ovulation time...but this was after ovulation and more constant. Well, I found out at 10dpo that I was indeed pregnant! I am 17dpo now, still testing pregnant, and still having this twinge fairly regularly though it has toned down a bit now. I had NO other early pregnancy symptoms, just that tightness. I'm not sure what it means, but in my case it was a good sign!
aquamoon
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby JenJenG » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:59 pm

OMG aquamoon. I think you just made my day. As crazy as it sounds...my symptoms including the pain I described earlier have me convinced that I am pregnant, alas I am only 6-7 dpo so I must wait to know for sure, but I really appreciate you sharing your story with us.

Kohaku-I ordered some Wondfo strips this weekend which should arrive on Wednesday, so I am trying my hardest to hold out until then to test (I will be 9-10dpo at that time). I currently have 4 clear blue digitals which are loudly calling my name, but I am trying to ignore them.
JenJenG
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Kohaku » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:29 pm

aquamoon, thank you for sharing that!! That really makes me hopeful. Although I haven't experienced any of the pulling/tightness that people describe, just the pinching pain that got steadily worse for a day or two and then disappeared. Mine was never enough to make me catch my breath or anything though... more of an annoyance than a PAIN pain.

LOL JenJen!!! You are doing such a good job resisting the siren song of the CB digis!! That's hilarious. I'm sure I would have tested by now if I were you! DH and I are making a grocery run in a few and I'm pretty sure I will be coming home with a couple of boxes of FRER's. I have a feeling I will test tonight and I'm sure it will be a BFN but I think it might just relieve some mental pressure so I can stick it out for another couple of days. Sad huh? ;)

I am still sneezing like crazy so I spent the afternoon reading about "pregnancy rhinitis" in between doing loads of laundry.... oh dear. So now I'm convinced that that's what's making me sneeze.

I am really ridiculous because this is our first month ttc and I'm already this obsessed... but I've been taking supplements, prepping, reading, etc for months now... so I'm kind of chomping at the bit. :)
Me -- 30
DH -- 33

Kohaku
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JenJenG » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Did you test Kohaku? It may sound weird, but I think your testing may relieve some of my own mental pressure so I can stick it out for a couple more days as well. I think the only reason I have been able to hold out is cause I read that the CB digitals only detect HCG levels at 50 while FRER will detect levels at 25. If I had one of those....I'd have probably already fed my need to POAS.
JenJenG
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alesa83 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:01 pm

I'm interested to see what happens with you ladies. I'm 3dpo and been having pinching pain around both ovaries but mainly in my left. It is almost constant and it moves to my back. However I was just thinking it could be from ovulation. Baby dust!
Me: 29 DH: 35
DD :angel: Lorelai 2-13-07@32wks 5days lived 18minImage
DD :babyg: Madelynne 5-3-09@37wks
DS :babyb: Elijah 5-20-11@37wks 2days

ImageImage Image
Alesa83
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Kohaku » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:04 pm

I tested!! BFN frer and.... *something* showed up on an accu clear BUT I'm thinking it's probably an evap. I posted about it in the HPT section of the board.... here's the link to my posting --

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=196859

-- and here's the pic!! I'm thinking it must be an evap but it did show within the 10 min time frame. Took another accu clear 30 mins later with more diluted urine and it was totally neg, no second line at all.

Me -- 30
DH -- 33

Kohaku
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JenJenG » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:01 am

Kohaku- I caved this morning too telling myself that somehow seeing the negative I knew would appear might somehow give me the strength to keep waiting for the BFP. I rationalized it saying, “It is a few months expired anyways (11 months actually), and I really do need to use it up. What better way to use it up than at 7 dpo when it would be too early to give me a positive anyways (it was a Clear Blue Digital and from what I have read, doesn’t result pos until 50). Sadly, I am still every bit as anxious as I was before taking it. AF is not due for another week, so I would like to say that I will wait until Friday (3 days before AF) to test again….but I ordered some cheapie Wondfo’s, so let’s face it….I will probably test again on Thurs AM with FMU.

Update on me-this morning after FMU, wiped to notice a couple small drops of brownish spotting (implantation bleeding?). Also, my boobs have been so itchy the past two days. I actually had to rub vitamin E all over them in order to calm it enough to fall asleep. I had this problem with DS but not until late in my pregnancy and during nursing. We do live in Colorado where it tends to be very dry, but I am not itching anywhere else.
JenJenG
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby JenJenG » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:05 am

I'm sorry Kohaku, but I don't even see the line. I really suck at seeing the lines though as I have visited the HPT pages and struggled to see lines that were posted as BFPs. That's why I have a whole bunch of digitals-I can read but I can't see lines. When do you think you will test again? FX for both of us. I am really hoping we can move to the preg boards together. Welcome Alysa, and stay tuned. I sure hope we can get your hopes up soon :wink:
JenJenG
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Kohaku » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:12 am

Hi Jen! So happy to hear from you this morning! I feel like your symptoms sound pretty promising! Especially that spotting....

I would LOVE to move to the preg boards together!! Hopefully we can at least be within a couple months of each other. :)

My FRER was neg this morning, of course... and my wondfos arrive tomorrow (uh oh). The line on the accu clear is like pencil thin, basically it's the left edge of what would be the thicker result line, and it did show up right away, and kind of faded away a bit once the test dried.

Update on me -- I have had some queasiness this AM, I did gag a little while brushing my teeth (but I am an easy gagger in general) and I have been having consistent creamy/lotiony CM, a bit wetter than I usually am during my luteal phase.

So you are ttc your second?

I am really struggling with this feeling that we are going to encounter some crazy fertility problems because of my history of low progesterone and DH's slightly low count... I tend to be a worrier and the fact that I have never been preg before gives me nothing to hold onto mentally, no mental reassurance.

My mom got pregnant with me and with my sister during her first cycle trying both times, and my sister got pregnant with both her kids during their first month trying, so I am hoping that that family blessing will apply for me also.

This past month might be a bust though as we were only able to BD once during my fertile period.... I just feel like it can't have possibly been enough! LOL

Anyway please keep me posted on how you're feeling!!
Me -- 30
DH -- 33

Kohaku
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alesa83 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:22 pm

I can't see anything sweetie. Blue dyes are evil, some will even give you a good line with color and you are still not pregnant. However all tests can give evap lines and you can see the indent. But I prefer the pink dyes.

I'm 4dpo and have horribly tender bbs, the pinching to my ovaries ended and I had some fullness and cramping in my uterus today. Trying to think it is only due to ovulation.

Baby dust to you both!
Me: 29 DH: 35
DD :angel: Lorelai 2-13-07@32wks 5days lived 18minImage
DD :babyg: Madelynne 5-3-09@37wks
DS :babyb: Elijah 5-20-11@37wks 2days

ImageImage Image
Alesa83
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby JenJenG » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Kohaku-We are TTC our second (I have a 16 month old little boy which we conceived in our second month of TTC). This is our second month TTC again and part of me thinks it would be kind of cool if it took two months both times. My family history is opposite of yours. My mother always had to have Clomid to get pregnant and spent years trying with each of us. I could never have a period as a teenager and was on birth control just to menstruate, so when we started TTC our first, I expected a long and complicated journey only to have it happen really soon. I am a type A control freak kind of person so with my first, when we did not conceive in the first month, I went crazy reading up on fertility and ways to increase your chances. So the next month, I drank Red Rasp Tea during the first half of my cycle, used OPK tests, we BD’d on all my fertile days and even a couple after, and we used the Instead Soft Cups to keep things in there longer, and voila…we got pregnant. So this past month we used the Soft Cups again but I had forgotten about the tea. And again I started reading up, so this month I went a little crazy: I drank the Red Rasp Tea, we BD’d a ton (although not every day-pretty close to it), we used preseed and the Instead Soft Cups, I am taking a daily baby aspirin, and I ate pineapple core on dpo 1-5. So if something worked this month, I won’t be able to tell you what it was :rofl:

I am trying to ignore the urge to take one of the FRER that I just bought. What do you think? 7dpo-I know I should wait, but this is KILLING me. :help:

I really hope this is your month too. How long have you been TTC?
JenJenG
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?