Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Big Fat Positives
38 yrs old, BFP 13dpo, few "typical" symptoms
A BFP success story to share myself since I've enjoyed reading the others so much. I'm a 38 yr old mom of a 2 yr old and 4 yr old. My cycles are usually 26-27 days long with ovulation around day 10-12. Had copper IUD removed in Sept to start TTC our 3rd. In the years I had the copper IUD, I would often spot a couple days before period start, which was also common when I had no IUD. My IUD was taken out a few days before my period in Sept, then I had another period in Oct. Even though I wasn't pregnant then, I had so many pregnancy "symtoms" I was sure I was, but spotted a couple days before period arrived. This cycle was really different.
Ov was a bit wonky this time. I can always tell by high open cp and ewcm leading up to ov and spotting, with a clear shift to creamy cm and closed cp after. This time I had a couple days ewcm and open cp, with creamy closed cp after, then a couple more days ewcm and open cp, with that ending cd 12 or 13. I got really sick with a stomach virus around this time so maybe that threw it off a bit? DPO stated below is just a best guess.
* Had sex with a sperm friendly lube CD 9, 10, 12
* Ov somewhere between cd 9 and 12, but regular ov type spotting at 9dpo
* 1 dpo to 9dpo stomach virus for 2 days followed by a nasty cold (still stuffed up sinuses today at 14dpo)
* 2 dpo to 12 dpo cm either dry, sticky or creamy with med to high and closed cp, normal for me
* 6 dpo implantation spotting, creamy cm mixed with light pink, then a little later a tiny amount of a light brown coloured sticky clump
* 6 dpo to 13 dpo, not everyday but on and off cramping, slight sore lower back and twinges, though nothing extreme
* 7 to 8 dpo heartburn
* 10 dpo cm had a slight yellow tinge for a couple hours
* 13 dpo cm became more watery, cp moved a little lower, and breasts became tender (thought period was coming)
* 13 dpo tested anyway with 10miu using very diluted midday urine and got light positive
* 14 dpo tested first thing with 25miu and clear positive, woke with slight headache, cm still watery but cp high closed and soft
Differences this cycle were: no common pre period bloating and gassiness, really just a couple times so far. Also my pre period breast tenderness usually starts about 10 dpo. I just started getting tender breasts at 13dpo. Also no normal pre period spotting. These symptoms are so similar to when I conceived my son. I was sure my period was coming then too. With my daughter was more convinced I was pregnant and had lots of bloating and typical "signs". I guess we'll see :). Hoping for a healthy pregnancy and baby.
Wishing everyone else good health, love and luck!