Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Big Fat Positives
BFP after 3-4 months!!! What I Did...TTC#1
I always said to myself that when I get my first BFP, I would make sure to post my story on TWW. I had been a long time lurker during the past year and reading everyone's posts made me feel less stressed(well, maybe at times I made myself more stressed because I kept comparing myself to others and drove myself crazy)!
Anyhow, I got my first BFP yesterday morning. I used the easy@home test strips from Amazon that come in a 50 pack of OPKs and 20 HPTs.
My cycles were irregular(I would skip 2 months or they would range between 30day-40day cycles) when I was younger, but now my cycles would be 40-45 days. I have never been on BC either, no IUD or meds or anything at all.
My husband and I were praying to get pregnant last year, but our timing was off and I was not precise on catching my ovulation day. Up until January 2018, I really made it a point to try everything I could to increase our chances.
January, Feb and March came and went by and still no BFP. My luteal phase is 14-15 days. DH and I are 29.
Here is what I did differently this time around:
1) Really make it a point to be precise and take BBT at the same time every morning and in the same location (right pocket under my tongue)/position. (My previous cycles I would wake up earlier or later than my target time and it screwed everything up)
2) I started WORKING OUT. Ladies, I really think this helped me tremendously. Previous to this cycle, I had not gone to the gym for like a year!!! For 4 weeks once my period was over, I went to the gym 3-4x/week. I did cardio for 30mins on the treadmill or elliptical and then did free weights and lifted.
3) EAT RIGHT or EAT SMARTER. Again, before this cycle I ate like crap. I ate anything and everything I wanted, you name it. After my workouts I would make a protein smoothie. This really helped me and motivated me, it was a good routine.
4) CHIA SEED AND MACA POWDER. I ate chia almost every other day and added this to my salads, eggs, and smoothies. I added the maca powder to my smoothies as well, even gave some to my hubby--couldn't even taste it!
I used the Navitas brand of Maca Powder--just a teaspoon of it and you're set. It it said to help with fertility and balance hormones. My go to smoothies recipe: Choc almond milk, frozen berries like blackberries/strawberries/blueberries, banana, cup of spinach leaves, the chia and maca.
5) DITCHED THE PRESEED.
I know for some, Preseed is what helped them conceive, but for my hubby and I we decided not to use it this time around. We used it in January/Feb/March and we do not think it worked for us. So this time we did not use anything.
6) BD every other day to every 3 days. This worked for us. For example, this cycle we BD'd CD24, 26, 28, 30, 34 and 35. My peak LH surge/positive OPK was on CD33.
7) Doggystyle! (TMI!!!)
Previous months he would finish with me on my back, this time with me on all fours lol. Nuff said. And yes, I had my legs straight up afterwards, and a folded pillow under my pelvis for 10-15 mins.
Forgot to mention we went on a vacation a week after my period ended; after our vacation that was when I started working out and eating right! I am sure vacation took my mind off the stress of TTC! I even had sangria!!!
8) PRAY, PRAY, PRAY. If you have faith in God and believe in Him, He will bless you richly. Pray without ceasing. I always thought that it would take more than a year to conceive and I always cried everytime a BFN showed and thought something was wrong. This time around I just Let Go and Let God. Trust in Him.
Here were my symptoms:
1DPO- Nips hurt terribly (this was normal and expected for me every cycle the day after ovulation)
2DPO- Nips still hurt. Food craving for salty food like Shake Shack (normal PMS symptom that I usually get)
3DPO- Nothing unusual
4DPO- Food craving for chocolate pretzels from TJs, craved pizza and Panera (OMG I'm disgusting LOL)
5DPO- Felt a sharp pain in my lower right area at night when I stretched OUCH!!
6DPO- ABSOLUTELY NO NIP SORENESS (this completely caught my attention, because my nips usually feel sore for the duration of 1 week or more before my period comes) Dry CM like a desert lol. Craved salty junk food AGAIN -_-
7DPO- HAD ZERO symptoms. Again, no nip soreness, NO SORE OR SWOLLEN BBS at all(usually my bbs get swollen before my period for 1-2 weeks)
8DPO- Felt absolutely NORMAL in terms of bbs. CM was a tiny bit creamy/sticky. Took a 2-hour long nap on my couch- I get out of work at 3pm, fell asleep around 5pm and woke up at 7:40pm!
9DPO- Took a nap AGAIN for 1.5-2 hours. Took a huge, long pee after my nap WTF. After that, I noticed immediate bloating in my tummy, the area around my belly button felt so soft and squishy and bloaty! Literally felt like I gained 10lbs after my nap.
10DPO- Nothing unusual.
11DPO- Craved salty food like my usual PMS symptoms. I ate samosas from Whole Foods and an everything bagel with cream cheese and chives! WHAT?! I also had 2 BMs, odd.
12DPO- I woke up and thought to myself that AF is due in 2 days. Let's test just for the fun of it. Testing SOOO early in my previous cycles trained me not to test at all until AF was due. I used to always test at 7/8/9DPO--no good! The heartbreak is too much whenever you see stark white BFNs.
*Again, I used the easy@home HCG strip and dipped it into a cup. As soon as I layed it flat, OMG the faint link quickly showed!!! And that was after 10 seconds! After a minute or two, it was darker! I LAUGH/CRIED LIKE CRAAAZYYY!!!!
I was sooooo surprised that I didn't even think to take another test to reconfirm!!! I dumped my pee into the toilet and thought nothing of it LOL.
Hubby soon woke up and came to the kitchen while I was cooking breakfast and he saw me smile and tear up. He then asked WHAT'S GOING ON.....WHY DO YOU LOOK LIKE THAT!!! So I showed him the strip and he immediately fell to his knees as if he fainted and actually bumped into the couch knocking off my phone charger out of the socket and BREAKING my phone charger :( LOL.
He then asked if I could take another test just to compare, which he very well had a point. So I obviously used SMU and dipped an FRER early result test, a ClearBlue early result and 2 more easy@home strips. ALL TURNED POSITIVE AT THE SAME TIME. Did not even have to wait 3 minutes. Results were immediately visible.
13DPO- Bbs are starting to get plump!! Peeing alooooot. Feel tugging in my lower abdomen.
THANK YOU ALL FOR READING AND SORRY IF MY STORY IS SO LONG. I really hope my story helps someone on the Internet.