Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Big Fat Positives
BFP After M/C and With Short Luteal Phase
I'm 35, DH is 36. I have a four-year-old daughter from a previous marriage; this will be DH's first. I had a Mirena IUD which I got removed on Dec. 19. First cycle of TTC was January 15. Got pregnant that cycle (five days of positive tests by various brands) but miscarried on February 16. (I posted my early symptoms here with the subject "BFP after Mirena" on 13 Feb.) Took a cycle off in March, then in April I had really strong symptoms but only had a 7-day luteal phase. This cycle started May 5.
After reading "Making Babies" by Sami David, I realized I had extremely short luteal phases and wasn't sustaining conception, so I decided to try some new things this cycle. Throughout this cycle I took a baby aspirin, red raspberry leaf capsules, evening primrose oil, and 200 mg B6 (in addition to what was in my prenatal) and drank lots of green tea. Also, used PreSeed and took Mucinex around O time. After ovulation I took Vitex and used ProGest cream according to package directions. I highly recommend the book to anyone having a difficult time conceiving.
To calculate my ovulation date, I used cheap Wondfo ovulation predictor test strips from Amazon. Here are my symptoms. Some people might say "Sorry! TMI!" but really, isn't that why we're here?!
BD'd every day on CD 12-17.
+ OPK on CD 12-14; ovulation (based on temperature change) occurred on CD 16.
- 1 DPO: Tender bbs.
- 2 DPO: Tender bbs. Constipated. Little bit of blood one time when I wiped my nose (which is not usual for me).
- 3 DPO: Tender bbs. Tired. Irrationally moody in the evening.
- 4 DPO: Tender bbs. Tired. Painful hemorrhoid (not something that happens to me often).
- 5 DPO: Slept 11 hours overnight. Still didn't have much energy during the day. Tender bbs. Gassy. Painful hemorrhoid persists.
- 6 DPO: Tender bbs and sore nipples. Gassy. Painful hemorrhoid persists. Crampy sensations, like period cramps but milder, that came and went.
- 7 DPO: Woke up at 1:30 a.m. to pee. Then when I got up for good I took an ultra-sensitive pg test from early-pregnancy-tests.com that can detect 10 mcg of HCG, but it was negative. Tender bbs and sore nipples. Gassy. Painful hemorrhoid persists. Light crampy sensations continued. Tired. Little bit of blood one time when I wiped my nose. Needed to pee a lot.
- 8 DPO: Woke up with a stuffy nose. Very very faint almost-invisible-but-I-could-see-it line on ultra-sensitive test. Sore bbs and nipples. That hemorrhoid was getting better but still irritating. Mild cramps continued on and off. Tired. Needed to pee a lot. Frequently hungry. Very gassy in the evening (ewww).
- 9 DPO: Still faint, but visible to the naked eye, line on ultra-sensitive test. Showed DH and he could see it. Woke up fifteen minutes before my alarm desperate to pee. Headache all morning. Sore bbs and nipples. Hungry. Tired all day and kept falling asleep while riding in the car. Lots of creamy CM. Having to pee a lot. Much more crampy, especially in the evening, like AF cramps. Feeling a touch dizzy and nauseous on and off, too. Gassy. At least the hemorrhoid is mostly gone.
- 10 DPO: Temp spike. BFP came up almost instantly on FRER with FMU, nice and dark! Feeling the same as yesterday: exhausted (would have given anything for a nap if I weren't at work), crampy, gassy, sore bbs. With the cramps and the wet feeling from the CM it feels like my period is coming but it isn't!
- 11 DPO: Didn't test today because I'm fairly satisfied I'm pregnant. The usual – tired, crampy, gassy, sore bbs, etc. but also starting to feel nauseous.
I had implantation spotting with DD, but this time I didn't even have a hint of it – not a spot, nothing (and I was definitely on the lookout). You'll also notice I had sore/tender bbs constantly from ovulation on. That could be a side effect of the ProGest cream instead of just a PG symptom, but I noted it anyway. I plan to keep using the ProGest cream, extra B6, and baby aspirin at least through the first try. Thankful to God for this baby and praying it will stick!
Best of luck and baby dust to all of you!