Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Big Fat Positives
Bfp aged 39
One failed Ivf cycle but bfp naturally the month after (2012). Happy healthy 3 yr old girl conceived whilst on holiday with friends.
Prior to this history of miscarriages and after daughter no pregnancies for 3 years. Was about to give up hope and did Ivf with full expectation it would fail like it had before. I do want to impart advice on things I think made this cycle of ivf successful.
1. I made a series of lifestyle changes. I walked 3.5 miles a day 5 times a week ( I noticed improved blood circulation and stronger nails). This was one year in advance.
2. 2 weeks before I did 'cupping' therapy to get rid of all the bad blood.
3. One month before I gave up chocolate to reduce sugar highs...3 days before egg collection I kept 2 days of fasting Ie no food or drink from sunrise to sunset. This boosts your immune system.
4. During meds I went on short holiday to UAE to get some sun and see my friends
5. During meds my friend bought a large watermelon and huge box of cherries which I ate copious amounts of.
6. In middle of night I prayed really hard- I believe in power of prayer.
7. Day before ET I had acupuncture and also 3 sessions every other day thereafter.
8. I watched comedy videos just before et ( in hospital ) and immediately after. It's important to laugh .
9. Did not sleep well throughout Ivf due to work and 3 yr old. Made sure hubby and I did not bicker....luckily et on Saturday but back to work on Monday as normal. I seriously thought it was not going to work so had low expectations.
10. Day 8 after et, very faint line on test . Day 9 took digit and it was bfn. Day 12 bfp on digital!!!
11. From Ivf I produced 11 follicles, 5 eggs retrieved, only 2 embryos survived , one grade 2+ and other grade 2-. 3 day transfer with two embryos planted.
Almost 6 weeks no bleeding and nausea feeling. Wish me luck and lots of baby dust to you all... It will happen, just do some of the above and whatever works for you!!!