Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Big Fat Positives
BFP at 10DPO w/ 1st cycle Clomid after Ovarian Cyst Rupture in same cycle
My husband and I have been trying to conceive since June 2016; had our 1st round of Clomid 50 mg (during which I had a ruptured ovarian cyst and late ovulation on cycle day 29) and just got 3 positive urine tests (BFPs) between yesterday and today at 10 DPO and 11 DPO (and are waiting for blood pregnancy test results). Here's the breakdown with all my pregnancy symptoms:
- on low hormone birth control pills from 05/2004 to 11/29/2015 (from age 15-27)
- after I went off b/c, I got a withdrawal bleed at the end of 11/2015 and then the only menstrual cycles I had were 1/25/2016 and 4/25/2016.
- we began having unprotected sex in March of 2016, but weren't trying to track cervical mucus/temp/etc. at that point. In 3/2016 I began taking prenatal vitamins.
- by June, I started to worry since I still hadn't gotten a period since 4/25/2016.
- June 27, 2016, my gyno sent me for bloodwork and an ultrasound.
- July, 2016 she informed me that I had high testosterone and that the ultrasound showed PCOS. She told us that she thinks I'm a great candidate for Clomid because I am thin (5'4" and 128 lbs) and young (28).
- 1st Cycle of Progesterone (Provera) and Clomid 50 mg: 7/29/2016 started provera 5mg - and took through 8/7/2016; 8/9/2016 spotting; 7/10/2016 first day of full withdrawal bleed. Took Clomid 50 mg days 5-9 of cycle (8/14/16 - 8/18/2016). Began taking Ovulation Predictor Kit tests (OPKs) on 8/23 (5th day after Clomid and 14th day of cycle). At this point I began having sharp pains in my right ovary from 8/23-8/28. On 8/28 I was rushed to the hospital with a ruptured Ovarian cyst (horrible back pain, radiating with sharp shooting pains into shoulder every time I took a breath and severe shooting pains in lower abdomen, couldn't sit). I was hospitalized from 8/28-8/29. My gyno told me not to try to conceive this month in case the cyst rupture blocked my fallopian tube. I continued taking OPKs through 9/7 (which was day 20 after clomid and day 29 of my cycle) even though ovulation should have been way over by then. On 9/7 I got a positive OPK and on 9/8 a negative OPK again.
- 9/8/2016 - I ovulated based on LH surge on OPK the day before. My husband and I had intercourse (despite gyno's advice; and I don't recommend you do this, but obvi worked for us:) and we used Pre-Seed!
- 6 DPO (9/14) I began feeling cramping in my lower abdomen and lower back pain, very thirsty, frequent urination
- 7 DPO (9/15) same cramping/lower back pain, very thirsty, frequent urination
-8 DPO (9/16) cramping was a bit lighter and lower back pain continued, very thirsty, frequent urination
-9 DPO (9/17) heavy cramps (like pinching in the lower abdomen and around where my right ovary is); lower back pain continued, very thirsty, frequent urination.
-10 DPO (9/18) lighter cramps, lower back pain continued, sore and enlarged nipples (which I never had with period), constipated, lots of white, creamy cervical mucus, very thirsty, frequent urination. Took a clear blue digital with weeks estimator at 9PM and got a "pregnant" result within 30 seconds and the week estimate said "3+" within 3 minutes.
11 DPO (9/19) - all symptoms continue; took another clear blue digital with weeks estimator at 2AM when I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and it came up "pregnant" again within 30 seconds and estimator said "2-3 weeks" after 3 minutes; took another test at 6:45 AM and once again got a "pregnant" result within 30 seconds and the week estimate said "3+" within 3 minutes. I was scheduled for my blood pregnancy test at 7:30 AM anyway, so I went to get that done and am waiting for the result.
Will update once I hear from the gyno with bloodwork results.