Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Big Fat Positives
BFP on 15 DPO
I always promised myself that when I got a BFP, I would submit my story and symptoms. Each month during the TWW, I would browse through here and grasp for any straws that might mean I'm pregnant. This month, I tried REALLY hard not to symptom spot but even so there were a few things that I couldn't push aside. Also, I did take a pregnancy test at 12 DPO and it was a BFN. It was the Clear Blue Digital, which I found out later doesn't get the best reviews because it's not very sensitive and can often be inaccurate. This morning (15 DPO) I used First Response and I got a pretty quick BFP, but the line isn't super dark yet. I can't say for sure if it would have been positive on 12 DPO, but I don't think it would have. If so, it would have been a real squinter.
I don't really track or pay attention to what day post ovulation symptoms happen on, so I'll just make a list from the most frequent and noticeable symptoms.
1) Head rushes and dizziness galore - It just started getting hot and humid in the area, so I kept blaming it on that but man they are still intense at times. I've grabbed onto a wall nearby to steady myself.
2) Heightened sense of smell - This one really stood out to me because I truly have one of the worst senses of smell, and after these past few weeks I'd like to keep it that way. I can smell literally EVERYTHING, but nothing was worse than the pet aisle at the grocery store.
3) Sore neck - A weird one, but I looked it up and it can be a symptom.
4) Sore throat/a bit congested - About a week after ovulating I had a sore throat and a little bit of congestion for about 3 days. Nothing major.
5) Lack of intense PMS symptoms - Usually I get some serious pre AF symptoms and they're no more than 24 hours before AF arrives. The past week, I've been having lots of mild cramping and backaches. I kept thinking AF would be there any minute. After days of this, I started to get really suspicious.
6) And the most embarrassing one.... crying because the guy at the deli skipped over me in line. I don't even know what to say except that I don't even cry at funerals so this was new to me.
Some things I DIDN'T have:
I probably lacked some of the most common pregnancy symptoms which is why I thought for sure I was out this month.
1) Sore breasts - Not at all.
2) Increased CM - Just a *tiny* bit watery
3) Intense fatigue - Sure, I was tired, but who isn't? I was still going to bed and waking up at the same time each day, just falling asleep faster than usual.
4) Implantation bleeding - No spotting, which I guess I did think was weird because I usually spot before AF