Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Big Fat Positives
BFP With Twins After 2nd Cycle on Clomid!
I am so excited to share my BFP story! My DH and I had been TTC since November 2011. Since I had long and irregular cycles (anywhere from 26-52 days) I saw my doctor after 6 months of trying. She sent me for blood tests and an ultrasound to check for PCOS but all tests came back normal, so I was referred to my gynecologist. He advised that it didn’t sound like I was ovulating naturally and prescribed 50mg Clomid on CD 2-6 in September 2012. My DH’s sperm test came back normal on all measures. We were also advised that there was a higher chance of falling pregnant with twins on Clomid, and were unperturbed. The first cycle of Clomid didn’t work, with my gyno performing an ultrasound on day 13 and follow up blood test confirming that ovulation did not occur. My second cycle on Clomid was 100mg CD 2-6 and below are the TWW symptoms I experienced:
- CD 10 - ultrasound found a 13mm follicle on one ovary (which Dr. said looked very promising) and 8mm follicle on the other (which Dr. said looked unlikely to release given the cycle day)
- Blood test on CD 21 confirmed I had ovulated – woohoo!
- CD 12 – Significant cramping all day on left side (usual for me) and continued to CD 14
- CD 14 – Negative opk in morning, but positive opk at night time
- CD 15 – Positive opk in the morning, negative by night time
- BD CD 10, 12, 14-16
- DPO 1-3 - Felt tight across the belly all day (unusual for me)
- DPO 3 – Pulling feeling in my vagina (TMI sorry!)
- No symptoms DPO 4-7
- DPO 8 – Sharp, sudden pain in left side then gone (too late for implantation?)
- DPO 9 – Lower back pain last couple of days (unusual for me), nipples erect often (unusual for me), tight, full feeling in belly gone
- DPO 10 – Took HPT on internet cheapie and swear I see a very, very faint line when held up against white wall – didn’t tell DH because I thought it was too early
- DPO 11 – Cramping across belly returned today but this is not unusual for me during TWW, increased vaginal discharge (TMI sorry!) which is unusual at this time of month for me, sore lower back (unusual for me), trouble sleeping past 2 nights but could be from book I’m reading. Did not test today.
- DPO 12 – Positive HPT at 5:30am, swear I see a faint line but still very faint on internet cheapie. Go to chemist this afternoon to get FRER to be sure. Still did not tell DH as it is early.
- POSITIVE HPT on FRER at 9pm! Ran from bathroom to living room jumping up and down to show stick to DH. He’s very excited also. Rang my Mum and sister because I was so excited, even though it was early.
- DPO 13 – Positive HPT on FRER fmu – so happy!! Couldn’t sleep last night as too excited. It’s amazing see those two lines for the first time. I took one each day just to keep seeing them come up :)
- DPO 14 – aching feeling all over, like the flu but no other flu symptoms (unusual for me), fatigued all day, sore throat, sore bbs with darker veins, very thirsty all day (very unusual for me), frequent urination. Tight feeling in belly for past couple of days also.
- DPO 19 – blood test confirmed pregnancy! So excited!
19th December 2012 – had a dating scan with gyno at 8 weeks, 4 days to check heart beat and Dr found TWINS!!! To say we are thrilled at hearing two strong healthy heart beats is an understatement! This is truly the best Christmas present we could’ve wished for. I’m currently 9 weeks 5 days, with morning sickness (vomiting in the mornings and nausea the rest of the day) but not even that can dampen my happiness. We are expecting our two bundles of joy on 27 July 2013 (or most likely earlier, being twins). It’s such a cliché but I just knew that this was the month. At first I wasn’t sure whether that feeling was because we got good news about ovulation that we hadn’t had before, but I felt physically different than I had every other month. I am hoping and praying that these babies stick to full term.
Wishing luck for everyone trying – I truly hope those two lines come up for you all x