Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Big Fat Positives
It feels so surreal...
It’s been said time and time again, “I’ve been stalking this site for years and promised myself when the time came I’d write my story”. And although this is also cliché, I never thought it would happen to me. I’m pregnant. I can’t believe I can type those words...it still feels so surreal. I was the person on the other end reading this wishing I was able to tell my story while reading everyone else’s.
After a failed IVF attempt in June, my husband and I decided to take a break for a few months before trying again. We have the dreaded “unexplained infertility”.
This time I took better care of myself mentally. I tested 6dp5dt and got a faint positive. The line got darker from that point until I received my positive results 13dp5dt today. Beta is at 403.
I had no symptoms initially until about day 5 after my 5-day transfer. I will list all of the symptoms from that point forward. Some of them are strange, but I remember them vividly.
- Sore nipples – My breasts weren’t very sore, but my nipples are becoming more and more sore. It isn’t BAD though, just a slight soreness to them.
- Infrequent SMALL cramps on right side.
- A heavy feeling in my lower abdomen. It feels similar to the same heavy feeling you would get right before you start your period.
- Sneezing – I feel like I sneeze at least thirty times a day!
- Thirst – I’m the FIRST to admit I do not drink enough water. The last week I feel like I can’t get enough water. I will be driving home and have to stop to buy water it’s so bad.
- Waking up early – I’m not a morning person, but I’ve been waking up between 5am-7am over the last week and a half.
- Tired – I know this is common, but I’m sleepy on and off throughout the day. Unfortunately I feel as though I’m incapable of napping if the sun is out.
- Smell – I can smell EVERYTHING which isn’t really a great thing!
I wish all of you the best of luck. BELIEVE it is possible.