Constipation CURE; diabetic HELP

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Constipation CURE; diabetic HELP

Postby OCT.4me » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:16 pm

Man I wish I had known about this with my other pregnancies; but consider me a lifer on Kiefer probiotics.

You will find this in the refrigerated section of the grocery store, coming in two flavors blueberry and strawberry.

This product tastes like a thick yogurt but you can drink it, or pour it over cereal. You only need to drink tiny amounts, as I just sip it here and there through out the day...but within the week you will notice your going to the bathroom up to twice a day.

I am on week three using this product and finding that it even can help regulate my sugars, and now my sinus are clearing out. This product is amazing and I am not even drinking very much of it at a time.

I have decided to put the whole family on this product; and will update when I see it is benefiting my two children starting preschool, and my husbands gull bladder issues.

A MUST BUY!!!!!
Due Sept. 7th, 2015 carrying this miracle to term!!!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

TWO MORE ANGELS in HEAVEN as well
OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Constipation CURE; diabetic HELP

Postby Gonzo1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:36 am

I've been wondering about Kiefer! Heard lots of hype but wasn't sure if it was all hype. I'll have to use it instead of yogurt in my smoothies moving forward. Thanks for the post!
BFP 06/13/2013
HB 7/29- 170s
9/6 It's a BOY! :future baby boy:
Wyatt born 2/2014 - All natural water birth
Gonzo1
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Ahavati » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:23 am

It works wonders. I used magnesium supplements last pregnancy and that cured constipation issues. As well as pre-term contractions.
Cassandra - Mama to Anthony, Ephram, Avalea, Chaiya, Elijah and Samuel

Active DVT at 11 weeks 9/2013
Ahavati
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bazil323 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:29 pm

Probiotics, how I love thee! My DH started some after dealing with years of indigestion from his gallbladder not properly emptying (due to being extremely sick for 2 weeks), and his doctor recommended a good probiotic. He was amazed that within a week he was feeling better, and when he ran out, he found that his problems came right back. So he actually asked me to get some more, and this is from a guy who hates taking any supplements or medications! I'll definitely have to check out this Kiefer stuff, sounds a little more palatable than a big ol' horse pill!
Recently had our first child and have been married since October 6, 2006. I'm 27 and DH 29.

First pregnancy chemical, January 31, 2013.

Got our BFP on March 6, 2013. EDC November 11. Born November 11, 2013!
bazil323
Addicted
Addicted

Postby OCT.4me » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:08 am

What I can't believe is how little you need to consume a day for this product to work. Like for me a sip is 2tbsp. and I will sip it and then come back for another sip without thought...so up to three times a day.

This is my second day without it and I am feeling awful. My stomach is upset, and even some gallbladder issues due to eating KFC chicken. Something else this is good for is acid re flux. I drink this when the acid is overwhelming and find that it calms the burning.

When I had acid re flux before pregnancy I cured it with apple cider vinegar, but there is no cure for it when a baby is pushing everything up.

My mom just sent me magnesium supplements to help me deal with my restless nights...thanks for the added insight!!!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby OCT.4me » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:45 am

So after feeling so bad (above post), I finally picked up another bottle of Kiefir and within eight hours went to the bathroom, and felt a whole lot better.

My husband is starting on it, and this will be his second day. I have a feeling he is going to see some change because he downed half a bottle, which he way more then needed. Lets just hope he doesn't spend too long in the bathroom :oops:

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Gonzo1 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:53 am

So, this has REALLY helped with my ms and the hypoglycemia that had me eating every 30 min. I am still not feeling awesome, but since I started I have not been totally miserable. Thanks again for mentioning it!
BFP 06/13/2013
HB 7/29- 170s
Gonzo1
Star Member
Star Member

Postby OCT.4me » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:47 am

I can't find the like button to like your post; but I might as well ask, where your at they only have two flavors as well?

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Gonzo1 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:52 am

Yeah! My grocery store only has Nancy's brand (which I like bc it's organic and grassfed) but only 2 flavors, plain and raspberry.
BFP 06/13/2013
HB 7/29- 170s
Gonzo1
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Ahavati » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:31 pm

Bumping this as I now make my own Kefir. It's much cheaper than the store bought. I got free kefir grains form the raw milk farm. Put 2tbls in a jar with 2c of raw milk (or use organic, those are the best. You want to use whole fat milk). Cover with a napkin and leave on the counter for 24-48 hours. Strain it with a plastic strainer into another clean jar and that is the kefir, save the grains, (they reproduce) and make more with them. You can mix the kefir with fruits and such as it won't be like the store bought. But it's even better as it is fresh and has more probiotics in it. Plus it's much cheaper. The grains last forever.
Cassandra - Mama to Anthony, Ephram, Avalea, Chaiya, Elijah and Samuel

Active DVT at 11 weeks 9/2013
Ahavati
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby OCT.4me » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:05 pm

What does the homemade kiefer look like? Can you mix it into yogurt?

I will be using the product more now that I'm pregnant and would love a cheaper option but I have to be able to handle the taste!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby bgarcia » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:53 am

I'm going to buy this today.. I'm reading on it and it's like a smoothie yogurt tight? Want to make sure I'm getting the right one.. I've been struggling with constipation where I don't go for more than a week and prune juice helps but it just gives diarreah and here I go again on another week. This is horrible. I really hope this works for me. Thanks for sharing!
Me: 29
DB: 38

DS - 8
DD - 3
DD - 10 months
expecting surprise baby #4!!

ITS A BABY GIRL!!!!!!

bgarcia
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby OCT.4me » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:47 am

Right it's just like yogurt. I am really struggling too but haven't been drinking consistently. Let me know how it works!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Return to General Pregnancy Board