Anyone with bleeding in early pregnancy that is now ok?

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Anyone with bleeding in early pregnancy that is now ok?

Postby mamacoss » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi guys I'm only 5 weeks and having some bleeding. Went to dr did ultrasound and the gestational sac is in tact. Can't get a heartbeat because it's too early. Dr did blood work and waiting for results tomorrow. Just wondering if this happened to anyone and they ended up ok?
mamacoss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Anyone with bleeding in early pregnancy that is now ok?

Postby Honey Bunny » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi there and welcome ! I've not experienced it myself but I know a good hand full of girls on here have and they have gone on and are having healthy pregnancies . Everyone is different . I would say if it's light spotting light bleeding it's ok and would say it's normal . It would be a topic for discussion with your dr I and concerning if it is heavy bleeding with cramping and pain . I know it's hard to say try to relax but do try to relax . I'm sure some other girls will put in their 2 cents about their experiences. Good luck !
Me: 27
DH : 53

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia
Born: July 17th, 2015

Baby # 2 EDD JULY 16th, 2016 - Team Green Again!

Honey Bunny

Postby mamacoss » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Thanks honey! :) so weird how each pregnancy can feel and be so different. With my miscarriage I cried hysterically this time I'm cool as a cucumber. Maybe that means it'll be ok.
mamacoss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby em.chelle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:00 pm

I'm 12w1d and I had bleeding at 6 weeks, 8weeks and again yesterday actually... no explanation for the bleeding (there are so many possible explanations), but baby still has a strong heartbeat! I also suffered a loss at 6weeks back in May, so I understand how seeing blood can be extremely frightening and worrisome :( My midwife said the only thing we can do is keep an eye on it... there really is nothing that can be done this early on to prevent or stop a miscarriage from happening. Fingers crossed that you are just having unexplained bleeding, and prayers for a sticky bean!! KUP!
em.chelle
Star Member
Star Member

Postby jesusmiracle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:57 pm

Bleeding in early pregnancy is actually pretty common... a cousin of mine bleed the entire pregnancy, and no explanation. If of course it is accompanied by severe cramps, you should go to the ER, but if not, then I wouldn't worry about it, but would def. mention it to your doctor. Keep your head up and be positive! :D
jesusmiracle
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby mamacoss » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:10 am

Thanks em and Jesus miracle. I went to the dr. Saw gestational sac on ultrasound too early to get a heartbeat. But at least we know it's not ectopic. Doc called yesterday with blood results said hcg and progesterone looked really good and I've had no more bleeding. Repeating ultrasound and blood on Monday. Fingers crossed.
mamacoss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby shadypersephone » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:05 am

Yay! I'm so glad!!!
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Postby jesusmiracle » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:55 am

That's great news! so happy for you!
You should be able to see a fetal pole and heartbeat around 6 weeks 1 day, or 6.5 weeks.... you will see your little baby very soon, I know it! Praise God!
jesusmiracle
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Prinycesa07 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:54 am

Yep spotted with all 3 of mine :)
Audrey Renee- 12/09/09
Owen Frederick- 4/8/11
Olivia Mae Noelle 12/25/14

Prinycesa07
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby DeeMarie » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:39 am

So glad that I came upon this board... I've been a member on the site, but just today I had to re-register. Maybe because my last post was a while back.
I too, just found out that I am pregnant! What a long, long journey with infertility. I've been so excited and on Cloud 9. Then yesterday, when wiping, I saw a little discharge with pink in it.
Called the doctor and she said it was normal. Usually just implantation bleeding etc. I've read several stories of this happening and it was nothing, but it's still alarming when you first see it.
I don't know how many weeks I am -- I got my BFP on 12/13/14 and the last time I got a positive OPK was on Friday after Thanksgiving.
Today I had a little more pink - and am trying not to stress.. but man, it's tough!
Married -
TTC for 10+ years.
Age 38 -
PCOS with anovulation
Too stubborn to take any meds until this year (2014)
Started Clomid August '14
2nd Round Sept '14
Skipped October
3rd Round November '14
Positive OPK on 11/28 (pretty sure this is where I conceived)

BFP on 12/13/14 ♥
Diagnosed ectopic on 12/30 - Given shot of Methotrexate
Surgery for ruptured ectopic on 1/16/15
* Going to try for my rainbow baby when I get the all clear *
DeeMarie
Friend

Postby mamacoss » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:46 am

It is scary Dee and everyone tells u don't stress. We'll that's pretty hard when all u want to do is run to the bathroom every 2 seconds to see if it's gotten worse or gone. I was able to clearly see on my ultrasound where my implantation bleed was. Which totally put my mind at ease, the fact that I'm an ultrasound tech and know what I'm looking at didn't hurt either. I hope it all works out keep me posted.
mamacoss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby DeeMarie » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:01 am

Thank you mamacoss! I surely will keep updating. I haven't had anything in the last day. But you're totally right - You get kinda carried away with bathroom trips and being afraid to look when you wipe.
Married -
TTC for 10+ years.
Age 38 -
PCOS with anovulation
2nd Round Sept '14
Skipped October
3rd Round November '14

BFP on 12/13/14 ♥
DeeMarie
Friend

Postby DeeMarie » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:14 pm

Jeez! Just when I thought I'd seen the worst. I woke up Tuesday morning with what looked like a period flow. I hit the panic button, of course. Didn't tell my husband right away, cause I knew he'd be a mess going to work. I waited until I got to work, called my doctor when they opened and they got me in at 9:30.
She did an ultrasound (intravaginal) if that's the term. And we were able to see the yolk sac. She said that everything looked ok, as far as my cervix being soft etc. She said there was "blood in the vagina, but didn't see an active flow". Sorry, if that's TMI but I wanted to be clear with the details. She said there was a possibility that it was a subchorionic bleed. Basically, the tissue around the sac, that is very spongy and tender. It bleeds easily, so there may have been some kind of irritation or something. Still, I was freaked out!
She couldn't rule out a m/c until she did my HCG and Progesterone levels. I was supposed to get 3 days worth... Today was my 2nd day. She called today, with yesterday's results and said that all my numbers are good. No progesterone shot needed, my HCG and Progesterone are good. My blood type is A+ ...and basically at this stage, we'll see nothing more than we did yesterday, which was the little sac. It's scary - I was fine with the spotting, I finally accepted that it happens. But when I saw a regular blood flow yesterday morning, I was in a tizzy! Today, it's just brownish, dried up stuff coming out. I'm sure other women have had this same thing happen. I was just so afraid to get bad news.
Married -
TTC for 10+ years.
Age 38 -
PCOS with anovulation
2nd Round Sept '14
Skipped October
3rd Round November '14

BFP on 12/13/14 ♥
DeeMarie
Friend

Postby teenytiny9 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:34 am

I've just come through this ordeal so empathise entirely with anyone having bleeding.

I was working on the basis I was 7 weeks, using LMP, until my scan just now. So, actually I am 5 weeks and I spotted brown blood for four days, it became a little more heavy - never enough to show on underwear, just present when I wiped. I panicked as you do, and rung out of hours doctor. It has been terrible because it was Christmas so nothing is running as normal.

However, if any comfort for you at all - my scan was normal, showing everything you can expect for a 5 week pregnancy. The Dr was ok with my bleeding and said she had seen 3 others that day, all with bleeding, all fine.
But, I read plenty about bleeding online, 70% of what I read seemed to suggest not to worry, the other 30% was either confusing or unhelpful.

No matter how normal it is - it isn't normal for you until you know it is okay. So my advice, not because you should be worried is to always get checked out. Peace of mind is having knowledge and if you're like me, nothing apart from the professionals/a scan/blood test will comfort your anxiety.

Fxd
teenytiny9
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby mamacoss » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 pm

Dee that's exactly what I had. I still get light brown discharge from time to time but not period looking like it was the day I called the dr. Everything is good I'm going for my 9 week on Tues but I'll actually be 10 weeks. Your right teeny piece of mind is huge. I'm also going to do my genetic test soon too. People have been telling me that you can find out the sex now when u do ur genetic test. It's funny cause I did it with my other 3 and never found out from that.
mamacoss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Next

Return to General Pregnancy Board