MaterniT21 results - UPDATE

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Re: MaterniT21 results - anyone get a false positive?

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:41 am

Thanks Shady and Jessica.

Yeah...it was a rough thing to hear. We were on the last day of our babymoon vacation when I got the call...we were driving back from Arches National Park in Utah. Great timing. :(

Jessica, the lady you went to nursing school with - on what basis was she told her dd would have Down's? My NT scan was fine, but the dr said NT scans only detect about 60% of DS babies. The screening isn't 100% but the CVS would be definitive, he said. Hoping sooooo hard that I fall within the 5% that get false positives. I look at the u/s picture in the frame I keep by my desk at work and have to look away immediately. Trying to keep it together and act like nothing is wrong here. I had gotten a Belly Book journal that I was writing in all through the 1st trimester, full of u/s photos and belly photos and thoughts and ramblings. I took the printout of the test results they gave me yesterday, folded it in half and put it in the Belly Book in the second trimester section. Maybe I will get to continue it if I get good news tomorrow, but if not, it goes in a box and gets stored away I guess. I tried not to get too attached until I knew it was healthy and ok, but of course that is easier said than done. I fell in love weeks ago. :( Sigh...I am so glad my DH is awesome. I would be so much more of a mess without him. :)
Me (Lindsey) - 38
DH/love of my life - 44

"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

Fiona Jayne born 12/21/2015 - our solstice baby! 7lb 5.5oz 19.75"

It's a BOY! EDD Feb 16, 2017
Repeat c-section scheduled, Ciaran Reeves will arrive Feb 13, 2017!

HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tryingnumber3 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:54 am

She was told from the blood test and nt scan at 12 weeks. She was fully prepared to give birth to a downs baby, so she didn't have an amnio or cvs done. When the baby was born, and completely normal, everyone was shocked.
There is no way to not get attached. I was attached to the baby I lost at 5w5d and never even saw. You have seen this baby many times and even though you didn't want to know just yet, the gender. I just really hope you get some good news. I have been reading some about the test now, and there are people out there who screened positive, only to have a negative result. I am glad dh is able to be there for you. FX so hard for you!!!!!
Me: Jessica 26
Dh: 27
DD1: 8
DD2: 6
DD3: 7/21/15 :babyg:
:angel: 6 weeks 10/19/14

tryingnumber3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:10 pm

Thanks Jessica...:hugs:
Me (Lindsey) - 38
DH/love of my life - 44

"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby orchidsea77 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:54 pm

The blood test that u just got results for counts the number of extra chromosomes so it has a range and a positive result based on that range. I hope u get positive news from the cvs test and all is well with u and the baby. I just wanted to tell u that I grew up with a sister with cerebral palsy and autism and these issues aren't always the horrible things we think they are. I have also terminated a pregnancy and let me convey how sad I have felt about that decision!!! You can never take it back or make it better and I wish that someone would have told me how it would feel before I ever did it. I am not trying to tell you what decision you should make should the test come back positive I just wanted to share my own experience as I wish someone would have done for me. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope all turns out positive for you and your baby.
orchidsea77
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby 1daysoon » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:07 am

Any update hun? Thinking of u :)
Me: Steph 26 Dh: 27 DD: 6
10/29/14 :bfp:
7 week us: :hb: 120
11week NT scan: :hb: 158 results all good, may be a boy??
16 week elective us: IT'S A BOY!!!! Finally officially announced we're expecting!

1daysoon

Postby tryingnumber3 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:23 am

I think we are all waiting to hear from you very anxiously. I spent a lot of time thinking of you last night. Fx.

tryingnumber3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:30 am

Thanks ladies..so sweet :)
Nothing yet, but supposed to get a call within the next 3.5 hours. I am feeling a bit anxious, of course, but DH has been sweet, distracting me by putting on one of my favorite silly movies and getting the Xmas tree out to decorate (we do it late obviously haha), and being goofy to keep me laughing. I have a haircut appt this afternoon too, and those always make me feel like a million, so that is something to look forward to as well.

As soon as I hear, I will post, I promise :) Thanks for all the warm thoughts, they mean more to me than I can express in words. :hb:
Me (Lindsey) - 38
DH/love of my life - 44

HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 1daysoon » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:34 am

Aww lindsey ur dh sounds amazing glad ur keeping busy to help time past and we are all anxiously waiting with u...I'll be checking in for ur post still hoping so hard for u :) have fun fixing ur hair that always makes me feel like a whole new person
Me: Steph 26 Dh: 27 DD: 6
10/29/14 :bfp:
7 week us: :hb: 120
11week NT scan: :hb: 158 results all good, may be a boy??
16 week elective us: IT'S A BOY!!!! Finally officially announced we're expecting!

1daysoon

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:40 am

Thanks hon :) yeah he is pretty amazing.
I have short hair so a fresh cut always makes me feel like a rock star. :) Thanks for caring and checking in :hb: will update asap!
Me (Lindsey) - 38
DH/love of my life - 44

HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby äiti » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:51 pm

I've been thinking of you today, Lindsey. I hope you get good news.
Amber - 39, DS - 18

ImageImage
äiti
Angel
Angel

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:29 pm

Thanks all...unfortunately I will not be bringing my baby boy home. Got the call...Down's confirmed. I call Monday to schedule the termination. Sigh...at least I know for sure.

Thanks to you all for your support. We are good, we came to terms with it and we are both ready to move forward with everything so we can try again when my body gets back to normal. Hopefully we can still manage a 2015 baby, but if not...early 2016 is good too. :)
Me (Lindsey) - 38
DH/love of my life - 44

HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tryingnumber3 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:48 pm

Oh no! I am so sorry! I really hope to see you around here and the ttc boards. So sorry again Lindsey. I am glad you are so strong and have a great dh!

tryingnumber3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby orchidsea77 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:23 pm

So very very sorry to hear your news. I hope you find peace within your decision.
orchidsea77
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby mrsm44 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:30 pm

I am so sorry to hear about this :( I know it's early to talk about, but I do hope that you get your healthy rainbow baby after all of this. We had decided to interrupt our first pregnancy, due to trisomy 13. He was a boy as well, and we made the heartbreaking decision that you two have had to make. It is beyond difficult when the baby was so wanted.

November 6th, 2014- NIPT results; decreased risk (1 in 13,000), and It's a Girl!!
mrsm44
Star Member
Star Member

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:13 pm

Thanks ladies, I appreciate it...and MrsM thank you for sharing your experience.
I will definitely stick around to see how all your pregnancies progress and cheer you on. Can't wait to see more sonograms, and soon some baby pics. :) We, too, are hoping for a healthy baby we can bring home. Until we can try again, we are focusing on us and staying healthy and positive. Keep your fingers crossed for us that we get our healthy rainbow soon! :)
Me (Lindsey) - 38
DH/love of my life - 44

HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to General Pregnancy Board