Bugaboo strollers

Anything pregnancy-related can be discussed here

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, admin_fertilityfan

Bugaboo strollers

Postby Honey Bunny » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:36 am

Looking into purchasing one . I was doing a maternity tour for the hospital we are choosing and actually got to see this stroller up close . It's gorgeous . I am hoping either the Bugaboo "chameleon" " frog" or "bee" model.

Anyone have experience or a quick review you can give me ? Thanks! Or if you have other stroller brands along the same aesthetics as this line . Thanks !
Me: 27
DH : 53

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia
Born: July 17th, 2015

Baby # 2 EDD JULY 16th, 2016 - Team Green Again!

Honey Bunny

Re: Bugaboo strollers

Postby alibrooke » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:12 am

check out the uppababy vista. that's the one i'm going for. very similar but SLIGHTLY less pricey. 9/10 girls i see in my neighborhood have this stroller.
Me: Ali
BFP 11/7/14 (14 DPO)
1/31/15 - ITS A GIRL!!!
EDD: July 16th, 2015
alibrooke
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Honey Bunny » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:41 am

Thanks Ali! I was looking at this brand too. I do like it too . I think I just like the ability to add accessories to the strollers, like a parasol haha but I am in Florida close to the beach so I sure would use it, mosquito/bug net also .. The more accessories and color options the Better . Ugh we aren't even in the full buying mode . I can't imagine once the baby starts kicking and it becomes more real . Haha

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia

Honey Bunny

Postby alibrooke » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:25 am

tell me about it!! i am 15 wks today and already have my nursery furniture! i feel like a crazy person... i also spend hours every day looking at baby clothes, strollers, swaddles, accessories, etc etc etc.. i can't help it though its SO MUCH FUN!! haha

the bugaboo is a gorgeous stroller for sure! some of the best advice i've gotten so far was (i guess more for me since i live in the city & wont be driving as much with baby) is that the stroller is your best friend.. your main accessory (like a handbag) so make sure you LOVE it!
BFP 11/7/14 (14 DPO)
1/31/15 - ITS A GIRL!!!
alibrooke
Star Member
Star Member

Postby em.chelle » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:45 am

Honestly, I would recommend the new Uppababy Vista stroller! It comes with the rain cover and bug net, as well as the bassinet! It can be converted into a double stroller now the same way that the City Select can... I have a friend who bought a Bugaboo Chameleon and totally regrets it and wishes she had the Vista! I have the Vista model from two years ago, and will hopefully be selling it and buying the new Vista that has the better conversion to a double for this second baby :)
em.chelle
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Honey Bunny » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:59 pm

Well I went for it and purchased the bugaboo frog stroller . It worked for us .. Specially after comparing both and noticing the frame of the vista is actually bulkier than the bugaboo . We have tons of room at home but just I'm a walker, we have tons of walking area next to the beach .. So I need something light . Also another make it or break it was the ability to move the handle forward or backwards .. It's more mobile and agile in tight spaces. Oh and we will be using it a lot for the beach and it does adapt to just be on the 2 bigger thicker wheels at back and dragging it like a beach buggy ... While baby is in it .purse hook, cup holder, parasol, tons of extras .

We got t in the red and got the full set of tailored fabrics in navy blue also . There's soo many interchangeable fabrics and colors, patterns you can get on amazon from the company .

I'm very excited about the purchase . July cannot get here any sooner ! Haha Ahhh excited for this baby !
Last edited by Honey Bunny on Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia

Honey Bunny

Postby alibrooke » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:43 am

Yay! Your first big baby purchase! Congrats!! Love the accessorizing.. a girl after my own heart :)
BFP 11/7/14 (14 DPO)
1/31/15 - ITS A GIRL!!!
alibrooke
Star Member
Star Member

Postby shellsbellsxx » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:15 am

I have a bugaboo donkey - it's amazing!! Worth every penny! x
LTTTC #1 for 13 years
(16.10.12) Diagnosis - 'Unexplained Infertility'
:doh:
23rd Sep '13 - BFP - Became an angel October 1st
26th May 2014 - BFP - Please be a sticky bean!!!
7th July 2014 - ultrasound #1 @ approx 9+1 - TWINS! 2 beating hearts :hb: 9+3 :hb: 8+6

14 Jan '15 - My Babies were born...Samuel Stuart 6lb 5oz & Oliver Michael 5lb 2oz

shellsbellsxx
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dreamingofbab » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:12 am

Hi Honey Boney!! Congrats on your purchase! Like you, I am firmly set on the Bugaboo, but how did you choose your model? I was thinking the Chameleon, just because it is most popular and my brother has one and loves it. Do you know if you can do a lot of outdoor walking with the Bugaboos in general? I also live by the beach and a very hilly area of roads and would love to take baby walking every day if the stroller allows for some rough terraine?

dreamingofbab

Postby Honey Bunny » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:34 pm

dreamingofbab wrote:Hi Honey Boney!! Congrats on your purchase! Like you, I am firmly set on the Bugaboo, but how did you choose your model? I was thinking the Chameleon, just because it is most popular and my brother has one and loves it. Do you know if you can do a lot of outdoor walking with the Bugaboos in general? I also live by the beach and a very hilly area of roads and would love to take baby walking every day if the stroller allows for some rough terraine?

Hi there! I chose my model based on a couple of things. Even though the Frog is an older model, It can stil use the interchangeable canopy, tailored fabrics, and accessories, the chameleon, chameleon 3, and I some donkey have. The frog is the most light weight of them all. I live in Florida, and a block from the beach, so there's no need for us to be factoring in hills, or rough terrain. The posterior wheels ( the larger ones) are inflated by air.. they are stil pretty hollow enough that can be dragged on beach sand... (big plus for us) The other models, those 2 same wheels are heavier, sturdier, and are pretty hard filling, almost like hard hard rubber, it does not even feel like there is actual air inside. (SOLID Rubber). The chameleon is the most popular, the only thing that i see that is different from the frog and perhaps it could be a plus for some, the handles are height adjustable, where the frog being that is an older model did not have this at the time. So if your taller, or DH is 6'4 like mine is perhaps its a bonus. The chameleon should be a great fit, its a mix of both city and outdoor versatility. I think it will be great for you :wink: :D Try youtubing some of their company videos or just type in Bugaboo frog or chameleon and you will see their video on the different terrain each model can go on.

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia

Honey Bunny

Postby s4mm13 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:15 am

I have the Cameleon and love it. Being on the taller side the height adjustable handle is a must, especially as i have really long legs and end up kicking the bottom of most prams i tried.

The other good thing about the cameleon are the memory buttons which make taking the carry cot off the frame really easy.

I only got to use it with my son on a handful of trips out in the hospital grounds, but it pushed really well.

I think Bugaboos is general are fantastic and you can'r really go wrong with any model you choose.
Me 29
DH 30
Oscar forever 5 months
Our beautiful son Oscar, born 24/2/14 at 32 weeks with Tetralogy of Fallot, oesophageal atresia and tracheo oesophageal fistula. Earned his wings aged 5 months and 1 day.

Oscar is going to be a big brother. BFP #2 29/11/14

Arlo William, our beautiful rainbow born safely 22nd July 2015

s4mm13

Postby Honey Bunny » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:53 pm

s4mm13 wrote:I have the Cameleon and love it. Being on the taller side the height adjustable handle is a must, especially as i have really long legs and end up kicking the bottom of most prams i tried.

The other good thing about the cameleon are the memory buttons which make taking the carry cot off the frame really easy.

I only got to use it with my son on a handful of trips out in the hospital grounds, but it pushed really well.

I think Bugaboos is general are fantastic and you can'r really go wrong with any model you choose.

Alright I gave in and it feels good.. I did go and purchase a Chameleon chassis, haha, and oh boy what a difference. We will keep the frog chassis, and just use those back wheels, and or use it for parts and replacement if something happens..

I cannot wait to strut with my baby and our stroller.. [=

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia

Honey Bunny

Return to General Pregnancy Board